Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
WTH just happened? I tried copying the new update over my old game but it just destroyed my game now refusing to launch..
So I deleted the old version and kept the saves but now it feels like I'm in a different game...
Almost everything that I liked is gone including the maid stuff and the secretary joined adventures...
She's all of a sudden in charge of the magazine again and everything is just shit.
It's like every decision I made has been overwritten... This is just !!! I can't even enjoy the content of my old saves as most of my saves now error on me and the rest are just not playable the game taking automatically to the new crap...
Apparently, you have broken the first commandment of a player playing RenPy games - NEVER overwrite files from a new update over the old and always play from a separately created directory. This is in general. And it is highly desirable that the game was unpacked into a directory located on a non-system partition of the hard disk, to further secure the save files in case of unexpected OS failure and its possible reinstallation. And if in particular, you have not specified neither the N of episode, nor its version, which you play. In general, too few details.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Comisar

Nov 11, 2017
Apparently, you have broken the first commandment of a player playing RenPy games - NEVER overwrite files from a new update over the old and always play from a separately created directory. This is in general. And it is highly desirable that the game was unpacked into a directory located on a non-system partition of the hard disk, to further secure the save files in case of unexpected OS failure and its possible reinstallation. And if in particular, you have not specified neither the N of episode, nor its version, which you play. In general, too few details.

Saves for RenPy games are always stored in 2 different places - in a special directory on the system drive C: and their copy is in the directory where your game is unpacked. Nevertheless, the saves are constantly synchronized and if you inadvertently/negligently in one way or another damaged your save (and even worse, persistent file), then yes, to do something about it will be quite difficult. For those players who want to 100% guarantee the safety of their saves, it is recommended to make a periodic backup of the save files and persistent file in a separate directory on a non-system partition of hdd/ssd.
Yeah that seems way too much work for an adult game... Never had these kind of problems with this game before or RenPy games.
This is just another reason now to delete it. Thank you.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Yeah that seems way too much work for an adult game... Never had these kind of problems with this game before or RenPy games.
There are actually a huge number of adult vn games, particularly those that have been around for several years and contain a huge amount of content. Almost all of them are made in exactly the same way as FB - in the form of independent episodes/chapters/etc, which must be played separately and from different catalogs (dir), but at the same time saves can be used and transferred from ep to ep. Not many people are ready to download distributions over 20-30 GB+ in size. This is not The Witcher or Assassin's Creed and people count on sane distribution sizes. Almost all top and big Adult games like BaDIK are made this "standalone" way and FB is no exception.

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
don't you still have the zip files
if you have just delete what you have now
and extract again and play with your saves

Reactions: Stan5851

Comisar

Nov 11, 2017
There are actually a huge number of adult vn games, particularly those that have been around for several years and contain a huge amount of content. Almost all of them are made in exactly the same way as FB - in the form of independent episodes/chapters/etc, which must be played separately and from different catalogs (dir), but at the same time saves can be used and transferred from ep to ep. Not many people are ready to download distributions over 20-30 GB+ in size. This is not The Witcher or Assassin's Creed and people count on sane distribution sizes. Almost all top and big Adult games like BaDIK are made this "standalone" way and FB is no exception.
Relax guy, nobody is calling you a liar. You're talking about your experiences and I'm talking about mine. it's conceivable that experiences may vary...

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Relax guy, nobody is calling you a liar. You're talking about your experiences and I'm talking about mine. it's conceivable that experiences may vary...
Bro, I'm not worried. I've got a bottle of delicious wine open and cheese sliced and I'm feeling nice and relaxed. Have a nice day or night (if you're in my time zone). ;)

Comisar

Nov 11, 2017
don't you still have the zip files
if you have just delete what you have now
and extract again and play with your saves
No i don't, they take up way too much space. And besides, the game takes an entirely different direction from my favorite paths... I like her as Biff's bitch and that's gone. I like her "good girl" games for Biff with the secretary and that's gone too as there's no outfit that permits those actions anymore even in all my EP3 saves... I liked her as a maid and that's gone too and the outfit that should had been hers and "duties" have been replaced. The only interesting path is Philip and that's not enough to keep me playing...
Thanks for trying to help tho...

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
That's true, and in that sense DM compares favorably to many game devs who have a lot of good wishes for an early release of the next update, but then they have a failure and everyone waits twice as long for the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I remember having a discussion with someone on the BADIK forum where he was defending Pinkcake's long dev cycles by giving his animation and render counts to justify them. I showed him a comparison from the previous 12 months comparing these to Decent Monkey's. I think that shocked him. When DM is putting his best efforts into the game, few if any match his output.

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
WTH just happened? I tried copying the new update over my old game but it just destroyed my game now refusing to launch..
So I deleted the old version and kept the saves but now it feels like I'm in a different game...
Almost everything that I liked is gone including the maid stuff and the secretary joined adventures...
She's all of a sudden in charge of the magazine again and everything is just shit.
It's like every decision I made has been overwritten... This is just !!! I can't even enjoy the content of my old saves as most of my saves now error on me and the rest are just not playable the game taking automatically to the new crap...
I know Stan5851 has already responded about how saves for Renpy games work. Your problem from what you have told us is that you overwrote ep3 with ep 4. They are obviously separate files with there own exe's. Just like ep3 was to ep2 and ep2 to ep1. From your surprise at where some paths are at the start of ep4 I would guess that you never finished ep3. I would suggest you download ep3v16 that is shard here, finish all the content there and then move on to ep4. Ep4 start should make more sense this way.

But if not that is okay. Take away the wine and cheese and add whiskey, I'm as happy with life as Stan5851 .;)

Comisar

Nov 11, 2017
I know Stan5851 has already responded about how saves for Renpy games work. Your problem from what you have told us is that you overwrote ep3 with ep 4. They are obviously separate files with there own exe's. Just like ep3 was to ep2 and ep2 to ep1. From your surprise at where some paths are at the start of ep4 I would guess that you never finished ep3. I would suggest you download ep3v16 that is shard here, finish all the content there and then move on to ep4. Ep4 start should make more sense this way.

But if not that is okay. Take away the wine and cheese and add whiskey, I'm as happy with life as Stan5851 .;)
Yes i did do that but now that i got over the feeling of total clusterfuck (that i apparently created) i just hate being railroaded by the writer's decisions that are absolutely opposite of mine. Now I just feel like it's an entirely different game with someone else's choices...
Anyways, that's just me... Enjoy the game.

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
Three questions.

1) Why there were fewer options at the beginning of part 4 in the third there were more answer options and in the fourth there were many times fewer of them.

2) Why is there a block in part 4? there wasn't such a thing before, was there???? Part four ruined the whole mood with the block. There is so little content and then there is a block. :(

3) And the second question - Did the author forget about the girl Misty???

And in the fourth there was a good moment in the toilet where GG was framed by the boss of the bar and the Whore red I would like to continue + the route of prostitutes and then a branch without content.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Three questions.

1) Why there were fewer options at the beginning of part 4 in the third there were more answer options and in the fourth there were many times fewer of them.

2) Why is there a block in part 4? there wasn't such a thing before, was there???? Part four ruined the whole mood with the block. There is so little content and then there is a block. :(

3) And the second question - Did the author forget about the girl Misty???

And in the fourth there was a good moment in the toilet where GG was framed by the boss of the bar and the Whore red I would like to continue + the route of prostitutes and then a branch without content.
1. If you're talking about most of the old quests (done previously) disappearing(in Ep4), that's done on purpose. All your choices made in previous episodes will be taken into account if you start playing from a save made at the end of ep3. See the FAQ for more details on this, specifically 1.4.26. When it comes to choices in dialogs, nothing much has changed. In most choices, you can either refuse to continue or agree to continue. This has always been the case, so this question is better addressed to the developer).

2. Which "block" in ep4 are you talking about? If you are referring to the mandatory Extra content activation, it was implemented back in episode 3. See the FAQ ( 1.5.12 ) for more details on this, as well as the previous pages of this thread, where links to the free Extra scenes activator have been posted multiple times. As for the small amount of content, it's not true, there is a huge amount of it in the game, and you're unlikely to find an adult game developer that can match the performance and total number of renders and animations of Decent Monkey.

3. Not a fan of this branch, but there seems to be content with Misty (in ep3). Another thing is that there are quite a lot branches in the game, and it's not possible to cover them all at once.

Reactions: EraRamp

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018
1. If you're talking about most of the old quests (done previously) disappearing(in Ep4), that's done on purpose. All your choices made in previous episodes will be taken into account if you start playing from a save made at the end of ep3. See the FAQ for more details on this, specifically 1.4.26. When it comes to choices in dialogs, nothing much has changed. In most choices, you can either refuse to continue or agree to continue. This has always been the case, so this question is better addressed to the developer).

2. Which "block" in ep4 are you talking about? If you are referring to the mandatory Extra content activation, it was implemented back in episode 3. See the FAQ ( 1.5.12 ) for more details on this, as well as the previous pages of this thread, where links to the free Extra scenes activator have been posted multiple times. As for the small amount of content, it's not true, there is a huge amount of it in the game, and you're unlikely to find an adult game developer that can match the performance and total number of renders and animations of Decent Monkey.

3. Not a fan of this branch, but there seems to be content with Misty (in ep3). Another thing is that there are quite a lot branches in the game, and it's not possible to cover them all at once.
There is a lot of content in all games. But in part 4, we can say that it has just begun, that's what I was talking about. :) Well, if you compare with part3 :)

3.50 star(s) 222 Votes