numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
use unreal engine if you have £45 for the visual novel framework

unity pro should work on everything
Interesting. At the bottom of that page it says "Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows PC". Is that inaccurate?
Unity Pro is $1500/year.

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
Going Unity would also raise required computer specs, especially in the GPU-department.

Having said that the current somewhat extended loading time is probably related to the author's way of coding not being efficient for Renpy. The game currently consists of over 800 separate rpy-files. Consolidating the project into even a tenth of that number would probably result in a fair speed increase, but I'm not sure it's worth it with EP2. Maybe for EP3 if there is one?

Reactions: NeoVlahos

NeoVlahos

Jun 17, 2017
well as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it speaking of broken things update/fixes anyone with a (corrupted) :) kind heart ?

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
Interesting. At the bottom of that page it says "Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows PC". Is that inaccurate?
Unity Pro is $1500/year.
most platform code remains the same, most of the time is up close to 95%, the remaining part you can just wrap in compiler macro's for platform independent code changes, to make doom 3 run on linux, takes 40 lines of code being wrap in compiler macro's with c++

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
most platform code remains the same, most of the time is up close to 95%, the remaining part you can just wrap in compiler macro's for platform independent code changes, to make doom 3 run on linux, takes 40 lines of code being wrap in compiler macro's with c++
That brings up another point. If a dev does not release a Mac or Linux of a Renpy game, it's trivial for a consumer to make one out of the Windows-version. That is not the case when it comes to Unity. The threshold to do that in Unity is much higher.

Dec 9, 2018
How to finish last photoshot? I've finished Melanie storyline, go often to office and collect the raports on my own. But Biff always says that there is no work for me. I've completed all other storylines.

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
That brings up another point. If a dev does not release a Mac or Linux of a Renpy game, it's trivial for a consumer to make one out of the Windows-version. That is not the case when it comes to Unity. The threshold to do that in Unity is much higher.
not using renpy makes life easier if you want to go from patreon to steam like

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
I'm not familiar with how that process works and while I am interested examining it, we're getting further and further off topic. :)

Aug 12, 2017
how do you opet new photoshoots? I did the first one and when i go back to ask biff for another one he tells me that there is no work for me, do i have to wait few days or ? And also how do you fully complete the photoshoot i cant get 24/24 with only 16shoots?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
how do you opet new photoshoots? I did the first one and when i go back to ask biff for another one he tells me that there is no work for me, do i have to wait few days or ? And also how do you fully complete the photoshoot i cant get 24/24 with only 16shoots?
You can only get the shoots when Monica owes $5000, so once per week (Friday), generally speaking. At one point the shoots are off limits uuntil you complete at least the first Monica encounter with Steve in his office. Weeks that Monica does Steve she can't do the shoots. You do two shoots in each outfit to get the shoot completed note. Do all of the top and middle shots the first time, bottom and advance pose the second (or vice-versa). You donn't need all three shots in each pose, but cannot tell in advance which shot/pose combos add to the portfolio, so just go through them systematically.

リキマル

Nov 19, 2017
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
ImportError: No module named matrix

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "_layout/screen_main_menu.rpymc", line 28, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 912, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
File "renpy/ui.py", line 295, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2699, in interact
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 998, in event
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 47, in event
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 707, in event
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 244, in event
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 946, in event
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 313, in run
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 320, in run
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 760, in load
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
ImportError: No module named matrix

```
Can anyone help me? I cant open my save from 0.7 ver

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
It seems no big problem for Ren'Py games, too ^^ (But I'm no expert in that field)

3.50 star(s) 220 Votes