belallo

Dec 17, 2019
Crush is a guy.

Took a look at the game file, and out of 100 new passages, 49 of them have placeholder text. And that's with a month to polish the first half, and Crush staying up all night before the release date.

Not to mention it's bugged to hell and back - at one point I somehow got stuck in a loop that kept sending me back from uni to high school. Maybe he's still on a learning curve as a dev, but it doesn't bode well for his timeline to implementing a complicated open world if he's struggling this much with a linear narrative with no meaningful stats.

But to be fair to him, at least he's made a pretty nice looking dice simulator.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I see this place is as cheery and encouraging as ever! "Scammer cunt dev"...nice, babado, thanks.

I took a quick look through and basically almost everything said about the game in this thread is wrong. If anybody wants actual info about the game I'm Crushstation#8544 on Discord, I don't check in here very often for some strange reason

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
Sugarcube does that ("incorporating" the whole js code), if you tell it to. You can also set it to link an external js file or library. However, as I am also experiencing in my own project, sometimes there are issues since the loading is async. It can happen that SC already displays a page, but without having fully loaded the code it references, which ends up in errors.

With this specific situation, my "professional advice" would be to load the code externally, with the importScripts function. It would probably result in a less bloated html file. I have recently setup mine to also minify the resulting js code and it seems to be working well.

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
You could create it yourself, it's not very hard if you have older patreon version.

Just some Copy/Paste and one variable to change and voila.
I had, but I have no idea on where and how to change those variables. I'm a very basic pc user, most times I'm pretty clueless around this stuff.

Geffe

Jul 14, 2019
It looks better than the old version. But i feel like we can't develop our character how we wish to do it.
Even beyond all of the character creation options that have been removed, it feels quite restrictive. There seem to be a lot of situations where choices are greyed out for reasons that aren't clearly explained, or don't make much sense. In one of the scenes an option was greyed out because my agent wasn't attracted to the other character. At no point had I been asked if my character was or wasn't attracted to that character. Seems odd how often a game supposedly focused on player choice arbitrarily takes it away.

Reactions: Budda002

skyline_pj

Feb 25, 2018
Let's put aside the annoying things for a moment because all the sponsorship for the old version has gone away.
I've been playing a few recent updates, but why do I have to watch the boring African UN story for so long?

Reactions: menatv
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes