frellipsm

Oct 1, 2018
Could you tell us the name of the Girl Life fan game you refer to? Loved that game and I've been searching for more games similar to it
He's talking about how GL was essentially ELO abandoned by the original developers and then made into a group project. Different contributors created vignettes and integrated it into the game over the years, which kept (keeps?) the project alive and actively progressing. It's kind of more of a simulation than a directed story.

I expect I'd retire long before this completes, but the underlying system and even most of the artwork done for FA has been well done. Every update seemed to be a bit of circling around character creation, and then wanting to make a lot of branches from that, instead of pushing through with a central narrative. The roleplaying system from 1.14 seemed really well done. It was simply about making all the mission vignettes and then agency connective tissue. I kind of get it, Twine seems like it's a bit too confining for the story it wants to convey.

I'd say the story should be aiming for 4 basic endings on two axis; pure vs slut and win vs lose. Two major antagonists that recur through missions. A psychologist that largely drives the pure vs slut in post mission analysis, and the residuals of how the agent's colleagues see her. Then the last being some Dr. Evil character that throws tough tests at the character.

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
This is a pretty cool system for a game. The nice interactive "paper doll" graphics, dice rolls to determine skills and event outcomes, good display of emotions for the fem protag etc. Really splendid platform for making an interesting interactive erotic game. However the pace of updates and amount of content is pretty abysmal. The fact I found more interesting stuff in the older "school" version than here, is pretty telling.

Honestly I really hope someone could convert this into a fan-made version. The potential is off the charts, but there's apparently a strict limit to the amount and kind of content by the original creator. For example; nothing happens to her despite getting blitzed and letting men grope her at the bar when arriving, ditto for the hard cock cafe, airport strip search is rendered non-erotic since it's performed by ladies, the school version skips to her being 18 etc. Also I think there's only 2 forced scenes in all of the versions of this game - which I personally find could be vastly improved upon.

All in all, both the amounts of content and the variety of sexual kinks available could be vastly increased in an open source version. If someone could "crack the code" and setup a community led effort for female agent such as GL - that person would be my hero! :cool:

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
This is a pretty cool system for a game. The nice interactive "paper doll" graphics, dice rolls to determine skills and event outcomes, good display of emotions for the fem protag etc. Really splendid platform for making an interesting interactive erotic game. However the pace of updates and amount of content is pretty abysmal. The fact I found more interesting stuff in the older "school" version than here, is pretty telling.

Honestly I really hope someone could convert this into a fan-made version. The potential is off the charts, but there's apparently a strict limit to the amount and kind of content by the original creator. For example; nothing happens to her despite getting blitzed and letting men grope her at the bar when arriving, ditto for the hard cock cafe, airport strip search is rendered non-erotic since it's performed by ladies, the school version skips to her being 18 etc. Also I think there's only 2 forced scenes in all of the versions of this game - which I personally find could be vastly improved upon.

All in all, both the amounts of content and the variety of sexual kinks available could be vastly increased in an open source version. If someone could "crack the code" and setup a community led effort for female agent such as GL - that person would be my hero! :cool:
Newlife method could work, a sandbox mode in which community may add custom scenes.

Reactions: _DarkDesires_

Feb 10, 2021
Isn't this still just the intro to the game? Setting up the operation in Thailand, and then opening up to secondary missions, stress management, etc?

Reactions: ShamanLab

JessicaHara

May 8, 2018
Isn't this still just the intro to the game? Setting up the operation in Thailand, and then opening up to secondary missions, stress management, etc?
I guess you're right, this might still be part of the very very long intro. But, the story just seems to be getting more and more contained that I'm not seeing how it will cohesively open up to being sandbox. Now that the CIA has remote access to the cameras, it doesn't seem like there's much more of a point to her being there anymore.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Nobodoy knows at the moment. To be honest, I'm not even sure the dev does. The development so far has been a complete disaster, any predictions on the future of this game would mean very little anyway. It's best to expect nothing and then be pleasantly surprised if there actually is something worth playing. :D

Last edited:

Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
iirc I think this was originally supposed to be a sandbox game, but it seems to be increasingly moving towards a linear storyline.
Nah, it's always been rather linear.

Dev said that once you got to Asia, things would be more free, but what's available is very much in line with what existed before.

Reactions: lutra_lovegood

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
It was always intended to be an 'open-world' game game in Asia, see this post as an example -

"My vision for Bangkok is repeatable, open-world gameplay to which we continually add new scenes, outfits and story content. There’ll be a repeatable gameplay loop that’s fun/sexy (working in the brothel), plus a continually growing number of side quests and activities that your agent can experience – from buzzing around the Gulf of Thailand on a jet ski, to becoming a Muay Thai champ, to using your spy skills to investigate international organised crime".

Reality has had a view as well and my view a linear path is the best outcome to having something completed. Additional choices and consequences can be layered on afterwards, which will turn into different paths. As someone said already, completing the linear Bangkok route is going to take another 6-12 months. Completing the British/English lifepath would be another 12 months, though the 1.6 Lifepath could be ported over quicker I suspect.

Feb 10, 2021
It was always intended to be an 'open-world' game game in Asia, see this post as an example -

"My vision for Bangkok is repeatable, open-world gameplay to which we continually add new scenes, outfits and story content. There’ll be a repeatable gameplay loop that’s fun/sexy (working in the brothel), plus a continually growing number of side quests and activities that your agent can experience – from buzzing around the Gulf of Thailand on a jet ski, to becoming a Muay Thai champ, to using your spy skills to investigate international organised crime".
I see. I guess we aren't at the brothel stage yet, we're only serving drinks.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
I see. I guess we aren't at the brothel stage yet, we're only serving drinks.
Yep, and you need to add the Crushstation variable here. Crush may decide to get back to the Lifepath, add a side mission or add some more choices to the existing Bangkok content.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
He's talking about how GL was essentially ELO abandoned by the original developers and then made into a group project. Different contributors created vignettes and integrated it into the game over the years, which kept (keeps?) the project alive and actively progressing. It's kind of more of a simulation than a directed story.
While I'm still breathing it'll live, don't you worry. Of course being a zombie I'm not sure if I do breathe. :oops:

Doruna

Jul 3, 2018
Man this game breaks my heart o_O Crush takes such a long time making these updates, but man do I love the writing and the "slow burn" (which is actually not that slow for me tbh). The scenes are real nice when an update lands.

I only hope he would get his vision together. Sometimes I feel like he's suffering from the same problem I am when writing an essay with a fucked theoreticat/methodological base while not realizing it. Nothing seems to make sense, no clear way forward etc. But I wish him all the best.
If nothing else, I hope it would become a community project like GL (as people have suggested).

Arkady

May 15, 2018
I only hope he would get his vision together.
He likely does have his vision together; the problem is presumably vision ain't worth shit without a plan. I'm pretty sure Crush has fuck all clue how to actually implement the sandboxy stuff. Chances are his wasting months on every single scene is just his way of avoiding having to finally face that reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doruna and berny
Apr 8, 2022
Best way to go forward in my opinion is to just drop the agent side of things entirely and rewrite the Bangkok sections to turn the story into the life of a western girl in Bangkok. Would allow the author to keep almost all of their progress without creating a complicated overarching narrative to juggle around. In the end, it's just smut after all.

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
Best way to go forward in my opinion is to just drop the agent side of things entirely and rewrite the Bangkok sections to turn the story into the life of a western girl in Bangkok. Would allow the author to keep almost all of their progress without creating a complicated overarching narrative to juggle around. In the end, it's just smut after all.
Huh? Entire premise is about being agent, I mean it is in its name.

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
that people are still willingly defending his sorry excuse of development is actually fucking insane
please get yourself checked into an psych ward for stockholm syndrome - or come clean that you are either paid by or are the guy himself after he 'left'
The story is completely linear, there isn't much text and little to no artwork. On top of that all the reworks and rewrites.
I don't think anyone working professionally on a game would accomplish so little in so much time. This truly borders on a scam project doing just enough content to keep the money flowing. I'm saying borders because what we do get is pretty good. I feel like the dev actually has some passion at least for writing. I think he started with the best intentions but gave up at some point and simply does a minimum amount of work to not have his game be considered abandoned.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 111 Votes