slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
I mean... money talks and bullshit walks. Any Patreon who feels that they are getting shafted can stop at anytime. If the dev starts hemorrhaging patreons then they may pick it up. If not... no (further) loss to those who left.

This seems like a self correcting problem in all honesty.
:sneaky:Anyway, it isn't my point; I just interpreted those hilarious justifications for missing the deadline.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
If they are hilarious (which they are) why not just have a good laugh and go on? There are many strange people but most of them seem to gather online...

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I mean...I really like the game so far (never played the old version) and I really like the writing and in the end the has to know for himself if it will work out for him and his supporter can decide for themselves to support him or stop supporting him.

Then again...Caribdis took from...I think mid. February to the end of July for a sizeable update and he has massive amounts of characters all beautifully rendered, complex animations and so on in that upgrade AND great writing...

restlez

Jan 20, 2018
I get your point. There will be the defenders to these games that have amassed huge monthly subscriptions. But I'm not sure if all of them are paid trolls. There are people who will spew stupid reasons vehemently in the name of defending their belief. We see that out there not only on the internet.

yaryaryar

Apr 30, 2018
Holy shit this update still isn't out?
I thought it would release aug 1 to milk subs, but even that is out the window.

Maybe it'll be Sep 1.

ibizadalton

Donor
Apr 23, 2019
11530230-prostitute-ready-for-work.jpg

I was trying to get it ready for today, but it's 1700 and I still have lots to do.

What the fuck is going on?
On Discord yesterday, I wrote that I feel like I've kind of "levelled up" somehow in the writing of this episode. I've just got this incredible energy to dive into the things I've glossed over in the past, really think about them in detail, and pull out the things that make them sexy.
Example (mild spoilers): yesterday I was punching up a scene where the heroine is getting ready for her shift, the part where she changes into a thong and heels before going out into the club. Normally I just describe that happening and let the avatar do the lifting, it's sexy because girls in thongs are sexy, right?
But somehow I just kind of knew there was an emotional beat missing from this scene. It's not just about changing clothes, it's about the effect of changing clothes. We have this intelligence officer, stripping out of her normal underwear, slipping on this girly little scrap of lace and elastic, designed to decorate her for the male gaze.
And I knew this would have an effect on her. A psychological transformation accompanies the physical one, as she changes from 'badass intelligence officer' to something more submissive, sexualised and demure.
And all this is happening in like a second, so it can't be this long internal monologue where she processes this and understands where it's coming from. It's just this instinctive little rush of confliction that she has to grapple with when she sees her reflection.

Is it worth it?
I don't know! It's so hot to me that I feel like I can't not do it. But I don't know if you guys are even going to notice all the hours and effort that are being poured into every scene.
I feel like I have to trust my instincts and give myself permission to do this. I'm so motivated for this, it feels like a manic state (except I'm not cool enough to be bipolar).
After this episode I will need your feedback to either rein me back in because I'm over-editing, or let me know this was the right call because it's hotter than usual. I'm too close to it to know.

How long will it take?
It's nearly done. I know I've been saying that for two weeks, but it's nearly done.
There are basically three scenes left that I want to punch up (one of which I've been working on since 8AM today, and is nearly ready). If I finish that tonight, then do both the others tomorrow, it'll be ready tomorrow. If I do one punch up a day, it'll be Tuesday. If one of the scenes takes two days, it'll be Wednesday. Etc. I want it to be tomorrow.
The release won't be perfect, I'm not polishing it to the point where I'm 100% happy and proud of it. Just getting it to the 'good enough' state and pushing it out to you for feedback.

Okay, that's it, I stopped working on it to write this report because I am stressed to fuck about it not being ready for you guys. I hope it is going to be worth the delay. I'll keep working on it with everything I've got, I promise you will have it Soon™.

I-No

Nov 20, 2021
Hasn't she been wearing a thong to work for weeks though?
Yes, she has. And it should be quite "normal" to her by now. All those doubts and that mentioned change into a slut should have impacted her at the beginning of this engagement. But meanwhile she is deep enough into this life to even be fucked by her not really attractive boss practically every night. She is even ready to become a regular bar whore. She's way past regrets by now. Let her embrace that slutty life instead, let her taste the dark side! It's about time!

If you want my opinion, Crush: More action, more story advancement and definitely less over-editing!

boobthief

May 25, 2017
I predicted
This game is years old milking patreons and pushing out imaginary cakes every so often and cherry at the top is delayed updates:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
In fairness, the cakes are really fucking good food, but you ordered them on $app tonight and they show up four months later and you long since forgot about ordering the cakes and when they randomly show up it's half a cake and a note saying "Cherry Soon TM I'm re-editing the frosting".

allenjohn

Apr 12, 2018
People probably wouldn't be as pissed as they are if he'd just be honest and realistic in his Patreon posts. All he'd need to do is drop in once a week, provide a preview and MAYBE give a BROAD release window, if he's feeling confident in it. As it stands I just get angry whenever I read his posts because all he does is pat himself on the back for how incredibly hard he works and then claim it's "almost done". Nobody that's waiting on something wants to hear it's "almost done" six times before it's actually done.

I mean, imagine you were waiting on a friend to arrive at your house. You'd probably prefer he just text you when he starts his journey, give a rough ETA and then leave you to wait, only messaging you further if there's been some kind of catastrophe or unexpected delay. You'd probably be pretty annoyed if he texted you every five minutes to tell you he's "almost there" and "making SUCH good time" when you know perfectly well that he's nowhere near your house and he routinely drives twenty under the speed limit.

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Uh oh, the simps are milding tonight:

"Sorry pal, but you're stalling. Again."

"There's an expression, "Perfect is the enemy of good.""

"You must be a farmer. the teat is getting sore!"

"I’m perfectly fine waiting on perfection."

" I'd also like more definitive deadlines going forward"

"Let the chapters go, there’s no such thing as perfection."

" The best dish on the planet won't taste good if it isn't served when it is supposed to be served."

What they don't realise is that Crush is used to dealing in weekly updates.

FIRST TIME.gif

boobthief

May 25, 2017
People probably wouldn't be as pissed as they are if he'd just be honest and realistic in his Patreon posts. All he'd need to do is drop in once a week, provide a preview and MAYBE give a BROAD release window, if he's feeling confident in it. As it stands I just get angry whenever I read his posts because all he does is pat himself on the back for how incredibly hard he works and then claim it's "almost done". Nobody that's waiting on something wants to hear it's "almost done" six times before it's actually done.

I mean, imagine you were waiting on a friend to arrive at your house. You'd probably prefer he just text you when he starts his journey, give a rough ETA and then leave you to wait, only messaging you further if there's been some kind of catastrophe or unexpected delay. You'd probably be pretty annoyed if he texted you every five minutes to tell you he's "almost there" and "making SUCH good time" when you know perfectly well that he's nowhere near your house and he routinely drives twenty under the speed limit.
Depends how hot "your friend" is. Face it: you're here, like 99% of people, because your friend is a fuckup but hot. And so worth waiting for.

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
When it's dragged out that long, with the anticipation there's no way anyone will be satisfied when it's out.

3.50 star(s) 117 Votes