OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
it keeps crashing and i get this report
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 234, in script call
call _splashscreen from _call_splashscreen_1
File "game/script.rpy", line 193, in script
with Pause(1)
with Pause(1)
NameError: global name 'name' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
with Pause(1)
with Pause(1)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1397, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1646, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2610, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3897, in interact_core
renpy.display.behavior.skipping(ev)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 272, in skipping
if map_keyup(ev, "skip") or map_event(ev, "stop_skipping"):
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 242, in map_keyup
if (name in ev.eventnames) and ev.up:
NameError: global name 'name' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.3.1414
FmF Part 1 - The Theatrical Cut
Sat Jan 1 19:21:50 2022
OK, this might be related to how I invoked pause here. I was just starting to figure this out when I wrote the intro. I tried doing it another way, replace the script.rpy file with the file I've attached (in the FmF-1.0-pc > game folder) and let me know it it fixes your issue.

Python isn't my jam, but I try anyways...

I'll include this file in the patch that I need to put together, as this other method may be a 'cleaner' way to do this.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, everyone, I just added an 'official patch' to the OP. Hopefully this will help with a few of the issues some people may have been having. Please report back r.e if this helps with any of the reported crashing issues.

No story elements have been changed, other than 'fixing' the 'Default name' showing up instead of the 'variable name' in a few places.

I'll update the full download once we've tracked down and hopefully quashed a few more bugs, typos, etc..

As for the Console ( shift + o, or capital O ) being enabled by default, that was a choice on my part, to allow people to edit the affinity variables should they just want to quickly try out the other paths.

For those that like to edit variables on the fly:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I like to give people options, which is why I also enabled rollback by default, and added a'back button' and 'hide dialogue box' toggle, for those that may be using touchscreens or that might be doing something else with their other hand, such as petting a kitty...

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and dav121

Norml

Aug 23, 2018
Just what do devs have against Auto mode? There's nothing better for my carpal tunnel issues than spending hours hunched over a desk continuously mashing a mouse button or tapping a space bar. Sometimes I just like to kick back and enjoy a story, you know?

And I'm right handed. Right-handed mice are hard to operate with your left hand, IYKWIM. :sneaky:
Sorry last post bad . Try this . Extract to game file . Eliminates textbox and has autopilot bottom right . Works on most games .

Reactions: perseus420

truien

Mar 17, 2020
Generally, sequels/prequels tend to fall flat and not live up to the potential of the original work. That doesn't appear to be the case here. This looks like it has the potential to be one of the great ones.

OhWee since you and RustyV seem to be big fans of DmD, and since MrDots is taking forever to complete DmD, and the fans (myself included) are kind of over the now half a decade long wait for a finished product (I quit supporting via Subscribestar months ago), I see an opportunity for an absolutely brilliant collaboration between the three of you. Have you reached out to MrDots to gauge an interest on their end? Y'all could be the adult VN dream team. Just sayin.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Generally, sequels/prequels tend to fall flat and not live up to the potential of the original work. That doesn't appear to be the case here. This looks like it has the potential to be one of the great ones.

OhWee since you and RustyV seem to be big fans of DmD, and since MrDots is taking forever to complete DmD, and the fans (myself included) are kind of over the now half a decade long wait for a finished product (I quit supporting via Subscribestar months ago), I see an opportunity for an absolutely brilliant collaboration between the three of you. Have you reached out to MrDots to gauge an interest on their end? Y'all could be the adult VN dream team. Just sayin.
RustyV spends some time on the official DMD Discord (whatever it's called) so I'll let him address this.

As for me, being the 'buccaneer type' that I am, I like where I'm at with my fanart atm. Note that I did spend a little time on a developer team at some point, but it's not for me. I like working at my own pace, and deadlines stress me out. Just ask RustyV about the last few days and me REALLY wanting to get FMF out before the New Year...

Parts 2 and 3 will delve a bit more into the backstories we have in mind here. I sprinkled a few bread crumbs in Part 1 about these, let's just say that I'm a fan of story arcs, where some seemingly obscure comments suddenly come together at a later point. Some of the subtext going on in Part 1 is deeper than it may appear at first.

And yes, the other angle of our parody is to not drag out Dee and F's relationship over multiple days. Once the big day arrives, it'll all come together on that same day. Part 2 will include the first part of the Big Day, Part 1 is mainly prelude and an excuse for us to express our silliness via various story elements at the tail end of Part 1.

Anyways, the big question on my mind is how much more silliness can we incorporate into the rest of the story. We had some really fun stuff going on with the 'imaginary' stuff, but you can only use that trope so many times before it gets old...

We have a few weeks to think about that. Again, I really do think that RustyV outdid himself in Part 1, the 'imaginary' elements were mostly visualized and scripted by him, although we both brainstormed on these before he ran with them.

I very much appreciate your compliments!
:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Rooster

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
FmF - Theatrical Cut - Parte I - For PC (Traduction WEB)

For those who speak the Portuguese language (Pra quem fala o idioma português):

Click HERE (Clique AQUI )

Note: Machine translation without proofreading (Obs. Tradução automática sem revisão)

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

The MrDots team is filled with very talented people, great writers, coders and artists. They always put out a quality game and you never wonder if their game will be finished.
I would highly doubt MrDots or his team would collaborate.

Unfortunately DMD will end soon. For me it's even more unfortunate that DMD has leaned too far to the D Only path.
Melody and SL are not the same animal as was DMD. DMD was about a shy girl's journey from sheltered child to sexually active young woman. But it seems to many fans DMD has been after the fact forced into the formats of the other VNs.

Munkieshines

Nov 12, 2018
any reason anyone can think of where i get an error while extracting and everything BUT the .exe extracts?i tried the Mega and Mixdrop links, both same result

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just another quick note about Part 1.

It's been noted that 'Dee's Father isn't in Part 1. 'Dee' won't actually meet her father until the Big Day in Part 2.

In fact, he appears at least once... I'll leave it at that!

Part 1 has a fair amount of backstory development going on, that was it's primary focus. When does Dee first meet Frank, that sort of thing. And also to get a bunch of cameos out of the way just because I love to do crossover stuff!

I know that people wanting F to be in FmF from the get go might be disappointed, but it simply didn't fit with the storyline we have in mind.

Also, you should NOT assume that the game title Fucking my Father relates just to Dee's father. At least one other gal is actually getting it on with her own father in Part 1, not counting Kate's relationship with her own dad, Dale Dambro, in one of the cameos. As for Part 2... well that'd be spoilers!

Anyways, just wanted to get that off my chest, for those that may have been wondering...

• Angry
Reactions: HansDampf788

alohamahalo

Mar 31, 2018
View attachment 1573694

Overview:
A tongue in cheek, unauthorized parody of DMD, with nods to a few other games in this Genre, from the silly minds of RustyV and OhWee...
This game follows the stories of three 18 year old girls, as they discover their sexuality. One shall eventually meet her father for the first time, and her two BFFs will join her on this journey of discovery, perhaps discovering a few things of their own along the way...

Note: FmF is short for Fucking my Father​

Thread Updated: 2022-01-01
Release Date: 2021-12-31
Developer: OhWee F95Zone, RustyV F95Zone
Censored: No
Version: Part 1
Language: English
Length: Part 1: @60-75 Minutes.
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - -

PATCH
View attachment 1575095
(contains code fixes)

A big Thank You to Big Rooster for his assistance in playtesting and helping with a few renders.

View attachment 1573692 View attachment 1573695 View attachment 1573696 View attachment 1573697 View attachment 1573699 View attachment 1573701 View attachment 1573702 View attachment 1573704 View attachment 1573708 View attachment 1573709 View attachment 1118653
1641110055665.png 1641110055665.png Why Ron Jeremy?????

Reactions: Yoli and Sharpy
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes