mr john

Jul 30, 2020
could not get it to work. so i dragged it into the renpy idk folder and opened as project, ..it worked.
I liked it ...but; please no more photo angles talking to feet , ground or back, that infuriated me. thanks
i enjoyed the game apart from above .

lassoluh

‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Wholesome Addict ❦
Donor
May 23, 2020
I actually really like this! The overall UI it's default and gives some generic vibes, but apart from that everything is pretty good, the renders are nice and Emily's model is top-notch I just fell in love with that big curly hair of hers. The way the renders constantly change around to girl's tight, face, feet, and scenario reminds me of Monogatari Series, a good surprise.

Good luck with your game dev, I really hope it doesn't get abandoned, if you change all the UI and that default renpy's font, it will be a BIG upgrade. Godspeed!

Reactions: Mukashi

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Renders aren't bad, story could use some work, but for a first episode it's decent.

Some things I wondered about: the MC spent $25k on a trailer that he can serve food out of (not really a food truck if it isn't a truck) but didn't have any plans for where he was going to park it until his cool uncle told him to have it in front of his bar. Then the MC doesn't have a place to live besides the trailer, guess his uncle isn't that cool after all, and the MC closes his trailer at night before the bar crowd would be interested in food... And the MC closes his food truck to go get coffee with the first two cute girls he meets?

I'm fairly certain the MC's food trailer is doomed to failure, LOL...

Otherwise the girls are interesting, not much to the story right now, curious to see where this goes.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Renders aren't bad, story could use some work, but for a first episode it's decent.

Some things I wondered about: the MC spent $25k on a trailer that he can serve food out of (not really a food truck if it isn't a truck) but didn't have any plans for where he was going to park it until his cool uncle told him to have it in front of his bar. Then the MC doesn't have a place to live besides the trailer, guess his uncle isn't that cool after all, and the MC closes his trailer at night before the bar crowd would be interested in food... And the MC closes his food truck to go get coffee with the first two cute girls he meets?

I'm fairly certain the MC's food trailer is doomed to failure, LOL...

Otherwise the girls are interesting, not much to the story right now, curious to see where this goes.

The game is Food TruckStory,not Sound business practices. Lol

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Food Truck Story [Ch. 5 v0.51]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

+ the patch already includes Walkthrough Mod

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Food Truck Story [Ch. 5 v0.51]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

+ la patch include già Walkthrough Mod

of Food Truck Story [Ch. 5 v0.50]

+ the patch already includes Walkthrough Mod

di un fan Food Truck Story [Ch. 5 v0.50]

+ la patch include già Walkthrough Mod

of Food Truck Story [Ch. 4 v0.40]

di un fan Food Truck Story [Ch. 4 v0.40]

of Food Truck Story [Ch. 3 v0.35]

di un fan Food Truck Story [Ch. 3 v0.35]

Last edited:
  • Love

Mukashi

Food Truck Story
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Jade - the one on the left in the banner - looks very cute. :love: Will there be a character based walkthrough? Will going for the others hurt my chances with her?
I'll start a walkthrough as paths get more complicated, and some (later) choices may hurt your chances! In general though I want to keep the early part of the game pretty open, where you can get a feel for everyone without being locked out of options

It's amazing what there aren't really any choices for in DAZ assets sometimes.

Like I went looking for a Taxi cab once, and they just don't exist. And after seeing the asset for the Food Truck, I went looking all over for one and this is LITERALLY the best option out there.

Or rather, the only option out there if you didn't want a Ramen or Taco truck.
Tell me about it, especially when you have a really good idea for a scene and you can't find the exact 3d model you want. It made me learn to improvise lol

Have you seen Chef?
By Jon Favreau:alien:?

I actually really like this! The overall UI it's default and gives some generic vibes, but apart from that everything is pretty good, the renders are nice and Emily's model is top-notch I just fell in love with that big curly hair of hers. The way the renders constantly change around to girl's tight, face, feet, and scenario reminds me of Monogatari Series, a good surprise.

Good luck with your game dev, I really hope it doesn't get abandoned, if you change all the UI and that default renpy's font, it will be a BIG upgrade. Godspeed!
I LOVE Monogatari, definitely a big inspiration! A shiny GUI update is in the works after I get a bit more content out:)

It's just inconsistencies like that in the very premise of the story makes me wonder how consistent the rest of it will be... Attention to detail is a good thing.
Great catches, 1-2 will be explained later, closing before the bar crowd though I didn't even think of that lol. I may need to write in a small bit explaining how there isn't as much traffic during weekdays. I love fixing inconsistencies so don't be afraid to let 'em rip!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Great catches, 1-2 will be explained later, closing before the bar crowd though I didn't even think of that lol. I may need to write in a small bit explaining how there isn't as much traffic during weekdays. I love fixing inconsistencies so don't be afraid to let 'em rip!
Yeah, I was a little surprised the MC was sleeping in the trailer at night and the Uncle was talking about how this was going to be mutually beneficial, giving the MC a place to stay so a smelly/sweaty/greasy food truck owner isn't fined for violating some laws (fairly sure you're not supposed to sleep in a food truck...Sanitation-wise). As well as just not being very attractive to be around. Those girls must love the smell of burger grease because I guarantee that the MC smelled like grease and sweat. ;)

If the MC is closing when the bar is open and vice versa they can't really direct traffic to each other. The food trucks in my town that have set up outside of bars have done a lot of business between 2-6 am, though people aren't the most well behaved at that time of day. But obviously I am nitpicking.

Sir Sam

Jan 18, 2021
So I was bored out of my mind and decided to give this game a go, and honestly from the name and description I wasn't expecting much but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The girls look good, there are no tedious cooking minigames, solid amount of content for thefirst release. I like it, could be a real underdog on this site. I just hope that the dev has enough support and motivation to see this project through.

4.00 star(s) 27 Votes