ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
So many naive comments. This is just coattail riding bullshit. Dev is trying to make money by using the popularity of FC, when he had no hand in developing FC. It's just disrespectful to the people who developed FC and continue to produce the pregmod, and I'm pretty sure the pregmod guys do it for free.
It is just the pregmod guy now and I have not seen him ever post anywhere about funding.

MonWeek

Sep 10, 2021
Just because other people do shitty things, doesn't make it okay. And I don't have an issue with the dev making money, I have a problem with the dev making money off the backs of others. You have a ridiculously entitled point of view.
You're the one bitching and whining about the sanctity of your favourite fap game, you can't call anyone else entitled.

zenshiny

Dec 31, 2016
Due to medical issues, I have difficulty reading. Is there a way of enabling copying text so my TTS could work? Thx.

Open the FCO.html file in a text editor and paste this in below the other <style> tags (around line 94):
HTML:
<style>.textpassage, .passage, .popuptext, button {-webkit-user-select: text; user-select: text;} </style>
I only took a quick pass at it, so some text might still be un-selectable

MarinaAce

Oct 10, 2020
Will keep an eye on this game and I do wish you the best for all the cocks and pussies out there! But really... I love these kinds of games since they are really outside the norm and in my FC gameplay I saved so many slaves and truly became a beacon of hope for humanity while having fun and mutating/cybernetically enhancing my slav... nay... my companions to greatness to love me so much that leaving my care is the ultimate punishment for them

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
If you go to molest, and the girl is suspicious enough that she notices straight away, you can get locked out of the UI

1651387049822.png

Can I ask: How do I get to the barracks? I'm at High Slave with 100 trust and obedience and I've asked everyone everything I can find to ask

Jan 18, 2021
To follow up on my previous message about why this game that has an oriental theme with a medieval/fantasy user interface does not fit the name "Free Cities: Origins", I opened the latest version of Free Cities and picked a few quotes from its introduction, from the in-game encyclopedia and from some random events:

Free Cities 4.0.0-alpha 14 said:
It is the year 2037, and the past 21 years have not been kind. The world is starting to fall apart. The climate is deteriorating, resources are being exhausted, and there are more people to feed every year. Technology is advancing, but not fast enough to save everyone.
The floor of the hangar is a thin arrangement of pre-fabricated composite plastics, complete with its own metal grates, LED-illuminated footpaths, and 3D holographic display tables to scan and analyze debriefed aircraft and indicate damaged and worn out components.
FCTVReceiver >> While nearly indistinguishable from a standard satellite antenna, the satellite dish used to receive FCTV-Citizen content is special because of the unique FCTV Receiver. Utilizing the latest in matched-pair quantum encryption, it is the only device capable of decrypting and encrypting your arcology-specific FCTV content communication.
The Incubation Facility >> A facility used to rapidly age children kept within its aging tanks using a combination of growth hormones, accelerants, stem cells and other chemicals; slaves that come out of it are rarely healthy.
Bioengineering >> With the technological advancements of 2037, society stands on the precipice of truly transhumanist biological engineering. Those with the will and the resources to get what they want, meaning you, are now uniquely capable of taking the fundamental code of DNA and using it as a building block to create and reshape biology as they desire. That doesn't mean the process of genetic engineering is going to be easy or simple; at minimum, you'll need a fully upgraded genelab and a team of professional, world-class scientists with the resources of a small nation at their disposal to get what you want. But once you've put all the pieces in place, the possibilities that can emerge from your engineering tubes are nearly endless.
The power plant has been converted to provide nuclear power.
Outside, her many aircraft swarm the local airspace to patrol the Arcology outskirts, conduct recon scans of the upper levels, or monitor your sealed penthouse outside the range of your SAM turrets, while shooting down any other fleeing VTOL's.
Quantum encryption, 3D holographic displays, nuclear power, VTOL aircrafts, genetic engineering, advanced medicine using stem cells and various drugs... These fit well in the futuristic, dark sci-fi theme of Free Cities.

But there is no hint of that in "Free Cities: Origin" and no indication that the world could even evolve in that direction. Considering that the action of Free Cities takes place in the near future (2037, which was 21 years in the future when FC was released in 2016), the events described in "Free Cities: Origin" would not fit that timeline.

How could this game be an origin story for Free Cities if there is no way that the world described in this game could evolve towards the world described in Free Cities?

Even if you pick Edo Revivalism in Free Cities to be closer to the Japanese theme shown in this game, it is still a futuristic version that is far from the more traditional Japan depicted in this game:
Free Cities 4.0.0-alpha 14 - Edo Revivalism said:
It looks out on a strangely contradictory sight: a beautiful and terrible combination of modern slavery and technology, placed amongst tatami mats and rice paper partitions.
The nearby drone bay section, dubbed 'Karasu No Su', contains chibi-karuras upgraded with flamethrowers, ready to deploy.
Meanwhile, the local Byoin serves as a place of healing and enhancement, where miracles of cutting-edge modern medicine as well as kanpo igaku are available for your samurai.
With your wealth and influence, you've managed to compile the world's most comfortable, sophisticated, durable, and expensive fabrics into one magnificent garment; The Colonel's Kimono. It is an article of unmatched beauty, modernity, and comfort: Its soft, sweat-wicking cloth interior make it an airy albeit form-fitting dress, while its waterproof exterior ripstop digital cloth-screen fabric allows it to adopt any appearance or combination of appearances The Colonel desires. Between the two, a thin soft padding of lab-grown silk-Kevlar hybrid weave allows the kimono to resist direct hits from knives, shrapnel, and even intermediate small arms fire, and between the weave layers lies internal heating and cooling wiring that serve to ensure she is always at a good temperature. Combine this super-dress with the collapsible titanium razor-sharp oriental fan and chopsticks that the Kimono came with, and The Colonel is now one of the best dressed and best protected women in the entire arcology.
The medieval Japanese themes of Edo Revivalism in Free Cities are still closely mixed with advanced technology, unlike what I have seen so far in "Free Cities: Origin".

Suggestions:
  • either pick a different name for "Free Cities: Origin" and remove the association with Free Cities,
  • or keep the name but redesign the user interface so that it matches the dark sci-fi theme of Free Cities (black, neon green and pink, digital maps instead of fantasy-style artwork, etc.). Also, add more advanced technology in the game (computers, genetic engineering, etc.) and focus the story more on sexual slavery rather than just slavery (e.g., when a slave "works", it should be sexual work).
Choosing one of these two options would allow players to enjoy your game for what it is, instead of being disappointed by a name that does not match the theme of the game.

Last edited:

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
If you go to molest, and the girl is suspicious enough that she notices straight away, you can get locked out of the UI

View attachment 1786574

Can I ask: How do I get to the barracks? I'm at High Slave with 100 trust and obedience and I've asked everyone everything I can find to ask
Have you been tasked with checking on the economy yet? Just click on the barracks on the maps.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
To follow up on my previous message about why this game that has an oriental theme with a medieval/fantasy user interface does not fit the name "Free Cities: Origins", I opened the latest version of Free Cities and picked a few quotes from its introduction, from the in-game encyclopedia and from some random events:

Quantum encryption, 3D holographic displays, nuclear power, VTOL aircrafts, genetic engineering, advanced medicine using stem cells and various drugs... These fit well in the futuristic, dark sci-fi theme of Free Cities.

But there is no hint of that in "Free Cities: Origin" and no indication that the world could even evolve in that direction. Considering that the action of Free Cities takes place in the near future (2037, which was 21 years in the future when FC was released in 2016), the events described in "Free Cities: Origin" would not fit that timeline.

How could this game be an origin story for Free Cities if there is no way that the world described in this game could evolve towards the world described in Free Cities?

Even if you pick Edo Revivalism in Free Cities to be closer to the Japanese theme shown in this game, it is still a futuristic version that is far from the more traditional Japan depicted in this game:

The medieval Japanese themes of Edo Revivalism in Free Cities are still closely mixed with advanced technology, unlike what I have seen so far in "Free Cities: Origin".

Suggestions:
  • either pick a different name for "Free Cities: Origin" and remove the association with Free Cities,
  • or keep the name but redesign the user interface so that it matches the dark sci-fi theme of Free Cities (black, neon green and pink, digital maps instead of fantasy-style artwork, etc.). Also, add more advanced technology in the game (computers, genetic engineering, etc.) and focus the story more on sexual slavery rather than just slavery (e.g., when a slave "works", it should be sexual work).
Choosing one of these two options would allow players to enjoy your game for what it is, instead of being disappointed by a name that does not match the theme of the game.
Thank you so much! This was immensely helpful. I know the themes of FC was dark dystopic future and I tried to adapt to that by noting that the gregorian calendar was reset afted civilization fell. The idea I’m presenting is that this takes place 1800 years before free cities and free cities takes place >2000 years after today. But yes I’ve been meaning to change the UI since I’m using the one from MoR. Great suggestions though!!

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Have you been tasked with checking on the economy yet? Just click on the barracks on the maps.

Well... I can't find the maps screen. There is a "Leave" button which I assume would take me there, but it's greyed out.

Current quests are:

1651412318336.png

I've not been tasked with checking on the eqconomy in any case.

Atlas

Aug 5, 2016

Suggestions:
I look at free cities and I see a setting more so than a story. I don't mean this as an insult, just that a management/sandbox game has to focus more on theme and setting than a linear story. I think taking this setting and using it for an RPG is fine.

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
I've been a huge FC fan for years now so this seems pretty interesting. Will wait for a few more updates before checking it out though

McSweeney

Jun 2, 2017
You're the one bitching and whining about the sanctity of your favourite fap game, you can't call anyone else entitled.
Your reading comprehension needs work. Let me make this simple for you: It is wrong to make money off other people's work. That's it. If you disagree with that, you are an entitled piece of shit.
It's also a pathetic look for the dev when he thinks so little of his own game he has to prop it up with other people's work.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
Open the FCO.html file in a text editor and paste this in below the other <style> tags (around line 94):
HTML:
<style>.textpassage, .passage, .popuptext, button {-webkit-user-select: text; user-select: text;} </style>
I only took a quick pass at it, so some text might still be un-selectable
Thank you.

Reactions: zenshiny

Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
Well... I can't find the maps screen. There is a "Leave" button which I assume would take me there, but it's greyed out.

Current quests are:

[*Snipping screenshot, but the quests are "Knowledge is Power" and "Path to Greatness"*]

I've not been tasked with checking on the eqconomy in any case.
I'm in the exact same situation - High Slave, 100 Trust, with Shintani both "warm" and "trustful". He's mentioned the Barracks but never asked me to go check out the economy so the "Leave" button is still greyed out. Asking what I can do to help gets no response from him (questions 2 & 3 also get no response, but my character doesn't speak the questions for 2 & 3 and the text doesn't strikethrough, so they might just be in-progress options and unrelated).

A separate behaviour which I'm assuming is a bug: assigning a slave to Serve You or be Fuck Toy after Influencing their willpower to Very Submissive will actually increase their willpower again. I had Mei's willpower jump up by 21 points at one stage! I suspect the cause of this is where Serve You / Fuck Toy "decreases slave's willpower by 2 a day, bound by 40". It seems that if it was already below 40 it's being increased until it hits that bound, which I figure isn't the design intent.

I'm also unable to access any of the right-hand-side Inventory/Diet/etc options, for any of the slaves, but guessing this is just WIP stuff too.

[Edit: in case it's helpful info, playing in-browser on itchio via chrome]

Last edited:

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
I'm in the exact same situation - High Slave, 100 Trust, with Shintani both "warm" and "trustful". He's mentioned the Barracks but never asked me to go check out the economy so the "Leave" button is still greyed out. Asking what I can do to help gets no response from him (questions 2 & 3 also get no response, but my character doesn't speak the questions for 2 & 3 and the text doesn't strikethrough, so they might just be in-progress options and unrelated).

A separate behaviour which I'm assuming is a bug: assigning a slave to Serve You or be Fuck Toy after Influencing their willpower to Very Submissive will actually increase their willpower again. I had Mei's willpower jump up by 21 points at one stage! I suspect the cause of this is where Serve You / Fuck Toy "decreases slave's willpower by 2 a day, bound by 40". It seems that if it was already below 40 it's being increased until it hits that bound, which I figure isn't the design intent.

I'm also unable to access any of the right-hand-side Inventory/Diet/etc options, for any of the slaves, but guessing this is just WIP stuff too.
Both of these bugs have been addressed in the upcoming version. Thanks so much for bringing them to my attention!

darkgryffon

Feb 27, 2018
Your reading comprehension needs work. Let me make this simple for you: It is wrong to make money off other people's work. That's it. If you disagree with that, you are an entitled piece of shit.
It's also a pathetic look for the dev when he thinks so little of his own game he has to prop it up with other people's work.
pretty much. theres a reason there was a lot of back lash against the movie "world war z" when it was mostly touted as being similar to the book and then being the equivalent of "oh they just used the title because it would get people in the seats" and sadly this shit happens far to much...

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Arent's stamina little bit random. In the morning you can wake with 100 stamina or 12 stamina. In working you can also spend totally random amount of stamina. I think working on psychical jobs like Mining stamina should drain should be influenced bu str and smaller scale on dex, but working on house jobs most jobs stamina drain should be influenced by dex and smaller amount str. The stamina cap could be raised and relaxing could give small amount of stamina instead of draining it. Also sexual actions and action times like moving should depend on stamina or corresponding skill

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Arent's stamina little bit random. In the morning you can wake with 100 stamina or 12 stamina. In working you can also spend totally random amount of stamina. I think working on psychical jobs like Mining stamina should drain should be influenced bu str and smaller scale on dex, but working on house jobs most jobs stamina drain should be influenced by dex and smaller amount str. The stamina cap could be raised and relaxing could give small amount of stamina instead of draining it. Also sexual actions and action times like moving should depend on stamina or corresponding skill
Stamina already does scale with strength. The current way we model stamina is as follows

partial stamina / partial time = f(time awake, strength, N(difficulty)) where N is a standard normal variable with variance proportional to difficulty, and f is some polynomial (i dont remember exact coefficients.) The reason why you wake up with different amounts of stamina is because it scales on the amount of time you sleep. If you sleep for 1 hour youre gonna wake up tired. If you sleep for 24 hours youre refreshed. Also working has a 3x multiplier on stamina drain.

Note that time awake is a function of t itself thus your stamina drain total if you integrate is at least quadratic, thus to force the player to sleep eventually. Luckily if you are super tired you dont lose obedience for sleeping. So just work 1 hour then go back to bed.

As a final note, almost everything in this game is modeled as a stochastic process with variance proportional to the difficulty, and many times things are nonlinear with respect to time. So don’t expect to completely understand how thjngs work. Life is complicated sometimes, and you’ll only know how things work in Expectation.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes