zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Stamina already does scale with strength. The current way we model stamina is as follows

partial stamina / partial time = f(time awake, strength, N(difficulty)) where N is a standard normal variable with variance proportional to difficulty, and f is some polynomial (i dont remember exact coefficients.) The reason why you wake up with different amounts of stamina is because it scales on the amount of time you sleep. If you sleep for 1 hour youre gonna wake up tired. If you sleep for 24 hours youre refreshed. Also working has a 3x multiplier on stamina drain.

Note that time awake is a function of t itself thus your stamina drain total if you integrate is at least quadratic, thus to force the player to sleep eventually. Luckily if you are super tired you dont lose obedience for sleeping. So just work 1 hour then go back to bed.
Oh i tested out seemd like there is also difference in difficulty level, i played highest difficulty so randomness was highest so i started new game as medium.

And by the way game is promising and keeping eye on it .

Tyktamsyl

Oct 30, 2018
Interesting... I actually still play the modded free cities on occasion. I definitely didn't expect this though, this could be pretty good. It'll be interesting to see free cities without its greatest weakness and strength, randomized characters. I have never liked that everyone felt so impersonal in that game, aside from special events. However even with those, you had randomized participants.

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Some randomness is actually good you dont want to have special relationships all your 500 slaves and realy dont wish to sell any one or let any patreons near them.

jenterscape

Mar 25, 2018
What is the extent of character creation in this game? Is it just stats and classes that you can adjust? I feel like there needs to be a higher bar for a game to have the character creation tag. Character creation tag should be reserved for the games that have character creation the way people think of character creation today ie adjusting the image of the main protagonist.

Jan 18, 2021
(e.g., when a slave "works", it should be sexual work)
there are many slaves in that game that are not pure sex toys. menials exist, as does the servant's quarters.
You are right that the menials in Free Cities have non-sexual jobs, but you cannot interact with them. They are just numbers, not characters.

Regarding the Servant's Quarters, there is always a bit of sexual work involved. For example:
(...) so she goes to live in the Servants' Quarters.
She works as a servant. She performs the lowest jobs in your penthouse, cleaning up after your other slaves, bathing them, helping them dress, and giving them sexual relief. This brings her under Stewardess Aya's supervision. The Stewardess uses sex as a reward, (...)
So all slaves that you can interact with in Free Cities (excluding menials, then) have jobs that involve sex. Even for the facilities that are not about "work" and do not include sex as part of the job description (e.g., Schoolroom or Clinic), the description of what the slave did during the week involves a lot of sex. The only facility that is about "work" but does not mention sex as part of the job description is the Farmyard, but the implementation of the Farmyard is not finished yet and the description of the job is extremely short, with an incomplete sentence: "She works in the Farmyard this week. All said and done,.".

I still recommend that if "Free Cities: Origin" keeps its current name that refers to Free Cities, then the type of work done by the slaves should be more oriented towards sex.

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
I still recommend that if "Free Cities: Origin" keeps its current name that refers to Free Cities, then the type of work done by the slaves should be more oriented towards sex.

I would just reccomend oposite of it, sex works should be realy minor branch, mostly for low level slaves who dont fit anywhere else, Craftsman, clerks, bodyguards and many other jobs shoulnt be sex releated, and going sexual actions with them, need realy high love or submission lever otherwise they consider it as assoult and stop being loyal and wish to harm you with they decisions, like lower productivity, trying to escape or selling you out for opponents, or not catching bullet meant for you, and some times you just want to have pretty maid who is not molested and nice to see as she blooms.

Jan 18, 2021
I would just reccomend oposite of it, sex works should be realy minor branch, mostly for low level slaves who dont fit anywhere else, Craftsman, clerks, bodyguards and many other jobs shoulnt be sex releated, and going sexual actions with them, need realy high love or submission lever otherwise they consider it as assoult and stop being loyal and wish to harm you with they decisions, like lower productivity, trying to escape or selling you out for opponents, or not catching bullet meant for you, and some times you just want to have pretty maid who is not molested and nice to see as she blooms.
What you describe could be an interesting game, but probably not the origins of Free Cities. I do not know how much Free Cities you have played, but the whole game focuses on sexual slavery. Of course it is a management game in which you buy, train and sell slaves while upgrading your arcology and taking care of various events, but the daily report and most of the actions in the game are all about the slaves having sex. You describe a different kind of game.

If "Free Cities: Origins" is supposed to describe the origins of Free Cities, then it should be in a similar theme (sexual slavery, not just plain slavery) and it should not contradict what Free Cities itself (intro + events + encyclopedia) says about how the world evolved towards Free Cities.

Reactions: DietrichGRU

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
What you describe could be an interesting game, but probably not the origins of Free Cities. I do not know how much Free Cities you have played, but the whole game focuses on sexual slavery. Of course it is a management game in which you buy, train and sell slaves while upgrading your arcology and taking care of various events, but the daily report and most of the actions in the game are all about the slaves having sex.
To be fair, if this game wanted to show an extreme level of "rags to riches" character development arc for the mc in a FC world, then it make sense to start as one of the menial slaves... in a world like that, even going from menial slave to sex slave would've felt like a caste upgrade

In FC playhroughs i've played, my sex slaves were usually around 50-60 but my menial slaves would've been at least 500 in numbers, so being sex slave (in the context of FC world) is probably considered elites among slaves

The caste progression i think roughly could be something like:

Menial Sweatshop Slave > Slave Soldier > Sex Slave (House Servant) > Sex Slave (Facility Leader) > Sex Slave (Head Girl) > Betray Owner > Arcology Owner

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
New game, just raised from "Low Slave" thought I'd find something for Mei to do. I've got the initial quest from the Boss, but otherwise not done much.

1651748169478.png

I don't like the look of those NaN values

1651748312504.png

In practical terms, it doesn't seem to be costing me anything. I've worked three shifts down the mines and I've got 440 currency, which is 200 + 3 * 80 so nothing has been lost. But I'm not earning either.

[edit]

Having her serve Shintani does work as expected and subtracts the opportunity cost from my finances.

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
What you describe could be an interesting game, but probably not the origins of Free Cities. I do not know how much Free Cities you have played, but the whole game focuses on sexual slavery. Of course it is a management game in which you buy, train and sell slaves while upgrading your arcology and taking care of various events, but the daily report and most of the actions in the game are all about the slaves having sex. You describe a different kind of game.

If "Free Cities: Origins" is supposed to describe the origins of Free Cities, then it should be in a similar theme (sexual slavery, not just plain slavery) and it should not contradict what Free Cities itself (intro + events + encyclopedia) says about how the world evolved towards Free Cities.

It is origin, story, you have 2000 years to reach point where world is As Free Citys are, to reach that point, is progress and failure and parths not succeeded, but also as origin story, you dont need to reach there its your story. In Free citys timeline, choices are already made world is built and no one says what path were taken to archive that point , what paths were failen, couse unprofitable or socially unsustainable. But in the origin story, you could make it happen or fail miserably by trying to make it happen, its a story, isnt it?

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Aww shit you got me actin' up now! I hear Free Cities, I'm immediately interested. Gonna have to try this out soon! Best of luck!

Jan 18, 2021
It is origin, story, you have 2000 years to reach point where world is As Free Citys are, to reach that point, is progress and failure and parths not succeeded, but also as origin story, you dont need to reach there its your story. In Free citys timeline, choices are already made world is built and no one says what path were taken to archive that point , what paths were failen, couse unprofitable or socially unsustainable. But in the origin story, you could make it happen or fail miserably by trying to make it happen, its a story, isnt it?
Unfortunately, I have to ask again how much you have played Free Cities. Free Cities is set in our universe 21 years in the future, not 2000 years. The 2000 years do not match what is stated in Free Cities. Here is the very first paragraph that you see when you start a new game: "It is the year 2037, and the past 21 years have not been kind. The world is starting to fall apart. The climate is deteriorating, resources are being exhausted, and there are more people to feed every year. Technology is advancing, but not fast enough to save everyone." When the game was released in 2016, 2037 was 21 years in the future. This should probably be updated to 2043 now.

In addition to the introduction, the Free Cities lore is described in the in-game encyclopedia with several fictional articles dated from 2031, 2032 and 2037 describing how the world evolved and how sexual trends and slave fetishism became more and more important. Note that these articles hint that slavery and the "modern acceptance and frequency of heterosexual anal sex", glory holes, slave brothels, and many fetishes were well developed before some Free Cities decided to turn to feudalism with Neo-Feudal and Neo-Imperial arcologies (shortly before 2031, according to those articles).

What is described in "Free Cities: Origins" does not match the timeline described in the original Free Cities. That's why I suggested adapting this game to be closer to the original Free Cities (with themes of dark sci-fi, sexual slavery, etc.), or to change the name of the game and remove the association with Free Cities.

Another option would be to describe it as an alternate universe, to break the ties that Free Cities has with our current universe. The game could then be called something like "Free Cities and the Multiverse of Sexiness". ;)

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Unfortunately, I have to ask again how much you have played Free Cities.
Oh, give it a rest, would you? There are twats on this forum who think nothing of slapping their own name on someone else's work, hanging up a Patreon sign and sitting back to do nothing in the hopes that idiots will pay them.

Why are you pestering a dev who is working hard to make what looks to be a good game respectfully set in the FC universe? If FCAuthor turns up and says "please don't use the name" I could see the objection. Other that I really can't see an issue.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Thedarkdragon007

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
I have played , Free citys quite bit and im familiar with its story, but this story begins year 200 , almost 2000 years before Free citys many years before first Free citys were established, millennia before they decided that sexual slavery is way of life. And if you havent noticed, In origin story there is 3 start scenarios, you can start playing as Economic slave, And there is palnned also domestic and sexual slave. So if you this you find out, that you choicees have impact, First important choice you make on what direction economy takes, are slaves valued or are they cheap and im sure later are more choises to make. you might make all thouse choices and reach exactly to that word that Original Free citys are or you tailor different story, but this is not just spin off, word pair free Citys are not licenced. If you have played free citys then you know there is different city foundations. But there is no point to argue, we can enjoy a game or not, so far developer has done good job and hopefully within few weeks he lays good foundation. There is too few good HTML based games. And best we can do is support and help him to make it happen.

Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
New game, just raised from "Low Slave" thought I'd find something for Mei to do. I've got the initial quest from the Boss, but otherwise not done much.
Huh, seeing this reminded me - in the new update I seem to have lost ability to assign the girls to anything (new save - not imported from previous version, reached High Slave, & max dominance over their willpower). Very possible that I've just not spotted how one unlocks this though!

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022

View attachment 1794195

I don't like the look of those NaN values

View attachment 1794196

In practical terms, it doesn't seem to be costing me anything. I've worked three shifts down the mines and I've got 440 currency, which is 200 + 3 * 80 so nothing has been lost. But I'm not earning either.

[edit]

Having her serve Shintani does work as expected and subtracts the opportunity cost from my finances.
Hi thanks for reporting this bug. I was able to replicate it somewhat and fix it, but I'm not sure if the version uploaded here is the one with the fix. To be safe I'll dm you.

Furrin Gok

Apr 21, 2022
Huh, seeing this reminded me - in the new update I seem to have lost ability to assign the girls to anything (new save - not imported from previous version, reached High Slave, & max dominance over their willpower). Very possible that I've just not spotted how one unlocks this though!
You have to inspect them to open the window to change their assignments.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Yup, it's just saying they aren't my slave
I Dm'ed you, please reply so I can fix this bug immediately. Alternatively, you can join the and post in bug reports. Also V0.0.1.4 was released on the discord as well. I'll push the next one to F95 next week.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes