Jan 18, 2021
Oh, give it a rest, would you? There are twats on this forum who think nothing of slapping their own name on someone else's work, hanging up a Patreon sign and sitting back to do nothing in the hopes that idiots will pay them.
Yes, it looks like I will have to rest my case because you are not willing to see the problem, no matter how I try to explain it. "Free Cities: Origin" seems to be a good game and I like what I have played so far, but the current version is not set in the Free Cities universe (which is our universe, 21 years in the future) so the current title of the game is very misleading. Pointing out that some twats are doing something worse by abusing names is not a good excuse to do something bad. I still hope that this game will be updated to fit in the Free Cities universe, or that its name will be changed.

Why are you pesteri9ng a dev who is working hard to make what looks to be a good game respectfully set in the FC universe? If FCAuthor turns up and says "please don't use the name" I could see the objection. Other that I really can't see an issue.
I am not pestering a dev; I think that the game shown here is a great start and I respect that work. But as stated several times by me and others, the problem is that the game is not in the Free Cities universe. Again, read the Free Cities encyclopedia and you will see that the current version of FC:Origins cannot fit in the FC universe. It just does not match how FC describes its own timeline nor how FC refers to the "old world". Don't take my word for it: it should only take you a few minutes to install the latest version of FC (4.0.0-alpha.14 as of this writing) and read the relevant parts of its encyclopedia.

As a side note, if you want to be courteous and check if someone objects to the usage of the name "Free Cities", then you should probably not try FCdev who has disappeared a few years ago and who will probably not answer you. Instead, you could ask the current developers of Free Cities who are keeping that name alive and popular: Pregmodder, DCoded, Svornost, Blank_Alt, ... Anyway, nobody has a trademark on that name. So you could ask out of courtesy, not because you are required to.

Reactions: DietrichGRU

warkies

Jul 20, 2017
Very ambitious and interesting project. I'm hoping you manage to fuse rpg, management and free cities spirit.

Reactions: zuulan

Sillhouette

May 1, 2022
I Dm'ed you, please reply so I can fix this bug immediately. Alternatively, you can join the and post in bug reports. Also V0.0.1.4 was released on the discord as well. I'll push the next one to F95 next week.
Happy to report the bug seems to have vanished as of V.4! (For Mei & Jae, I can't assign Himari but I assume that's expected behaviour as we're equally ranked)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021
Mmf. I love the concept and how it would build on the fandom behind Free Cities. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Good look with the game, Mimus!

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Version 0.0.1.5 was released on the Discord and our website which includes a fully functioning sex engine which can be used to lower/raise affection,willpower,fear, etc.

Should show up on F95zone (as I requested a game update) soon as well. Thanks to everyone who contributed by reporting bugs!

Reactions: Useraro

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
0.0.1.5: When you choose "Explore" in the mines, is the roll for dex damage bugged? It seems to come up every time.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
Last time I played I felt like an ant..I don't like the obedient slave simulator experience that's why I hope that changes soon.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Yes, it looks like I will have to rest my case because you are not willing to see the problem, no matter how I try to explain it. "Free Cities: Origin" seems to be a good game and I like what I have played so far, but the current version is not set in the Free Cities universe (which is our universe, 21 years in the future) so the current title of the game is very misleading. Pointing out that some twats are doing something worse by abusing names is not a good excuse to do something bad. I still hope that this game will be updated to fit in the Free Cities universe, or that its name will be changed.

I am not pestering a dev; I think that the game shown here is a great start and I respect that work. But as stated several times by me and others, the problem is that the game is not in the Free Cities universe. Again, read the Free Cities encyclopedia and you will see that the current version of FC:Origins cannot fit in the FC universe. It just does not match how FC describes its own timeline nor how FC refers to the "old world". Don't take my word for it: it should only take you a few minutes to install the latest version of FC (4.0.0-alpha.14 as of this writing) and read the relevant parts of its encyclopedia.

As a side note, if you want to be courteous and check if someone objects to the usage of the name "Free Cities", then you should probably not try FCdev who has disappeared a few years ago and who will probably not answer you. Instead, you could ask the current developers of Free Cities who are keeping that name alive and popular: Pregmodder, DCoded, Svornost, Blank_Alt, ... Anyway, nobody has a trademark on that name. So you could ask out of courtesy, not because you are required to.
You're not wrong but ultimately it doesn't matter, you can consider it an adaptation or whatever. Like when books are made into a movie by a different company some things get changed and becomes inconsistent. Stuff like that happens, so long as they make a fun game that's more important. Another dev, another vision, a change from strategy management to RPG visual novel, stuff happens.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Last time I played I felt like an ant..I don't like the obedient slave simulator experience that's why I hope that changes soon.
Haha you're not supposed to! I'll let you know once I finish up Path to Freedom, should be within the month by my estimations. I'll probably also add an alternative start to jump past the beginnings later on. Thanks for giving it a shot though!

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
There's a bug where if you try to study in the library but are too tired you'll get an error. Just ignore it for now. It doesn't break the game. I've already fixed it for the upcoming release.

Erack

Sep 11, 2018
Any thoughts towards futa content in the future? Having that extra choice for the protagonist would be neat.

Reactions: Septima

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
When I start the game it says it's badly configure and suggest to use Ctrl+ but even at 500% that does nothing. If I hit X I can sélect "start" but then revert to thé warning
Is there a way to remove this useless check?

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
When I start the game it says it's badly configure and suggest to use Ctrl+ but even at 500% that does nothing. If I hit X I can sélect "start" but then revert to thé warning
Is there a way to remove this useless check?
You need to do CTRL -, did you zoom out so your width was greater than the requirement? On my screen I need 80% for it to work.

Reactions: betatesterFP

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
what is pregmod?
if u check the free cities thread, you'll see the game status as "abandoned", but in reality a team of modders have been updating it continuously. This mod have many additional contents that violates the general rules of this site, that's why it's never uploaded here

TL;DR just google pregmod gitgud if u want to play the "latest" version of free cities

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
this made me giggle :LOL: the guy who is obsessed with his heritage doesn't know that he is obsessed with his own heritage....
no idea how he is gonna build them civvies from myths of old with that split mindedness

unbeknownst to 'you' instead of 'him' would make more sense. a little surprised no one else picked up on this considering how picky this community is on other aspects of this game

never played free cities and have no issue with other devs attaching to others work (how many potter games have a patreon NOT paying j.k.rowling?), i'm not sure naming a game attached to an abandoned project is a smart strategy, as i myself see it a being tarnished with the same brush and would be reluctant to support. just food for thought

either way it does look to be a decent ambitious project and hats off to the dev for undertaking a big task.
the very best of luck :)
Haha this was done purposely. Shintani has a fucked up psyche, and is obsessed with being Japanese because he has a main character complex and it’s one of the things that differentiates him from others. He has a racial supremacy complex, but doesn’t actually care enough about his heritage to actually do any research. This is a major plot point in the story and is a piece of how the player can overthrow him by finding out the truth to his family.

BullRush77

Jul 15, 2018
if u check the free cities thread, you'll see the game status as "abandoned", but in reality a team of modders have been updating it continuously. This mod have many additional contents that violates the general rules of this site, that's why it's never uploaded here

TL;DR just google pregmod gitgud if u want to play the "latest" version of free cities
oh i did not know this
thank you friend

Reactions: aspar4gus

gamingman

May 10, 2018
Found a bug. After you cum the arousal never set back to 0 resulting in every new sex attempt going straight for cum.

mimusstudios

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2022
Found a bug. After you cum the arousal never set back to 0 resulting in every new sex attempt going straight for cum.
Thanks you so much! I’ll address this immediately. Be sure to join our for the latest updates!

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes