RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
Black Market is available at the start, but you can only visit it once you have at least 10k rep. So something is not right when you say you cant find it.

How about you screenshot the locations like in my post, and post it here?

Black Market and Wardrobe are always available at game start, The rest you build them from the penthouse menu.
this is v 0.10.7.1
Screenshot 2023-11-07 233009.png Screenshot 2023-11-07 233232.png Screenshot (37).png here's a few screenshots of my game

GammaXai

Oct 5, 2018
this is v 0.10.7.1
I get the feeling you downloaded the game from the first post of the thread? 0.10.7.1 is the base game's version code but almost no one in the thread will know anything about it as the basegame has been dead/hiatus for five years and effectively everyone who is active in the thread has been playing pregmod and doesn't have meaningful knowledge of the base game.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I played the original a billion years ago, but have been playing pregmod likely for about 6 or so years.

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
I get the feeling you downloaded the game from the first post of the thread? 0.10.7.1 is the base game's version code but almost no one in the thread will know anything about it as the basegame has been dead/hiatus for five years and effectively everyone who is active in the thread has been playing pregmod and doesn't have meaningful knowledge of the base game.
i've heard about pregmod but I assumed that was the version I was playing since there's no mention on the original post about mods. I figured if it was a separate thing then it would have its own page like Lab Rats 2: Reformulate.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Pregmod contains content that conflicts with rule 7 of this board, so it will and must not be linked here. You can find it with Google.

Fokko29

Jan 4, 2020
Guys, it seems that lately this forum thread consists of 80% requests to give a link to pregmod or misunderstandings about the original version and pregmod versions of the game.
Do any of you know a moderator who could pin a message about the current state of the game in the first post?

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
i've heard about pregmod but I assumed that was the version I was playing since there's no mention on the original post about mods. I figured if it was a separate thing then it would have its own page like Lab Rats 2: Reformulate.
The short answer is, no, pregmod is something unrelated to the original link of this game and isn't on site. The long answer is, this has been forgotten about for years, until some crazy people took over the game and basically molded it into what it is today, including an actual breeding program where you actually get to see the resulting slaves of those pregnancies that used to be flavor text. For whatever reason, maybe because of the reality of having slave children, or someone has a hardcore loli fetish, the children can come out as an 18 year old vat baby once it's actually born, or it can be any number under the age of 18, of which the question becomes how low can you go.

And yes, they can get pregnant. And in a form of morbid realism, the game actually calculates the resulting birth that one of the things that can go wrong is: "her young body impeded birth."

I suppose Free Cities was always a dark game, but pregmod makes sure you know it.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
I suppose Free Cities was always a dark game, but pregmod makes sure you know it.
This is a great way to put it. I'm always surprised at people who like Free Cities but get terribly offended that by the optional extreme content that Pregmod adds. Free Cities is a game about literal sex slavery, where consent is completely ignored and the resulting rape is often brutal and violent. The base game includes content that celebrates degrading women, forced gender transitions, forced prostitution, kidnapping, racism, incest, and murder. It's fucking dark.

So yeah, Pregmod adds breeding, kids, bestiality, cannibalism, mutilation, and watersports to the mix, along with a huge amount of less controversial content. And for each of those things the player can decide when he starts the game whether he wants to see it or not, and just turn off any of those categories of new optional content if he finds them squicky.

For some reason, out of that whole mess, some people get fixated on "but the kids!", and it's the most likely thing to run afoul of content guidelines (including here at F95). If you have trouble separating reality and fiction, please don't play FC at all, Pregmod or not. It's full of all kinds of horrible shit that nobody should ever do in real life. If reading about child sex slavery bothers you (but ordinary sex slavery doesn't), then there's a convenient setting at the start of the game to set the minimum slave age so you never see the kiddy stuff.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: scrumbles

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I always found it funny this seems to be hard baked into the game. Even if you never touch the race content, what pops up in brothels always stuck out. "Your citizens prefer white girls like x," which by default means your white slaves will always preform better than any other race. If you wanted to min max, you'd just have every slave be white. I wonder if the original dev did that.

Free Cities is a game about literal sex slavery, where consent is completely ignored and the resulting rape is often brutal and violent.
The answer to most of this besides the events that play where it's sometimes unavoidable, the player can always just opt into Paternalism, which seems to be pretty easy to get if all of your slaves are educated and happy. I didn't adopt it yet, but mine always says it's primed because only the fresh slaves are actually anything lower than devoted. You get a few events (and some alternate ones) where your Society option basically babies them. The descriptors just for the arcology even describes slaves as being precious and they deserve all the headpats, and it usually carries an air of some misguided utopia. Being a slave is actually better than fending for yourself out in the slowly dying world.

So yeah, anything offensive is mostly the players fault for not reading the fine print I guess.

Zorlond

Jun 15, 2021
The answer to most of this besides the events that play where it's sometimes unavoidable, the player can always just opt into Paternalism, which seems to be pretty easy to get if all of your slaves are educated and happy. I didn't adopt it yet, but mine always says it's primed because only the fresh slaves are actually anything lower than devoted. You get a few events (and some alternate ones) where your Society option basically babies them. The descriptors just for the arcology even describes slaves as being precious and they deserve all the headpats, and it usually carries an air of some misguided utopia. Being a slave is actually better than fending for yourself out in the slowly dying world.

So yeah, anything offensive is mostly the players fault for not reading the fine print I guess.
There's also Chattel Religionism, which some time after adopting, has a Council to determine exactly what virtues and focuses the religion will take. And while you could easily make a religion that beatifies slave-owners that have massive stables of groveling slaves, it is equally possible to form a religion that sees comfortable, educated, and trusting slaves as the pinnacle of virtue.

Mix that with Paternalism, and you basically have slavery as little more than a formality, with the slave-owner being basically just an anchor point for the slaves to safely return to in their daily lives.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I never tried the religion aspect, so I didn't know it actually went that deep. I always found the society mostly impacts how your rival decides to be a contrarian. This is turning into a game of Stellaris with playing around with traits and edicts.

svornost

Jun 1, 2020
I always found it funny this seems to be hard baked into the game. Even if you never touch the race content, what pops up in brothels always stuck out. "Your citizens prefer white girls like x," which by default means your white slaves will always preform better than any other race. If you wanted to min max, you'd just have every slave be white. I wonder if the original dev did that.
Yup, the innate 2-point bonus for white girls is FCDev's original work. So is the innate bonus for redheads with freckles, so I guess we know what his type was...

The answer to most of this besides the events that play where it's sometimes unavoidable, the player can always just opt into Paternalism, which seems to be pretty easy to get if all of your slaves are educated and happy. [...] Being a slave is actually better than fending for yourself out in the slowly dying world.
It's possible to play a paternalist slave owner as "not quite evil" if you are very careful (accepting only voluntary enslavement, setting rules to prohibit slave on slave rape, skipping the few events that have no true consensual option, and so on)...but the world around you remains pretty screwy regardless of your actions. If you take paternalism, your rival will take degrationism, so you'll always have your neighbors' behavior to remind you just how bad things are. It's a dark game...there's no avoiding that.

I feel like I should also point out that you could play with a low minimum slave age and children who you don't abuse too. Keep them around, dress them modestly, educate them, but wait until they're whatever age of consent your society prefers before you have sexual contact with them, like any respectable person would. But that's not going to keep folks from freaking out from the fact that the game will totally let you fuck them if you want to play as a kiddie diddler. The Free Cities are all about freedom of choice (for the slaveowner).

Mix that with Paternalism, and you basically have slavery as little more than a formality, with the slave-owner being basically just an anchor point for the slaves to safely return to in their daily lives.
I mean, this basically reads as "I am the leader of a literal sex cult, but I'm nice to my sex slaves once I brainwash them, so it's ok." Not trying to diss your idea of fun (Chattel Religionism is a terrific FS with a ton of great flavor content...one of the best in the game), but that's also pretty fucking creepy and dark, even if it is an awesome power fantasy.

This is turning into a game of Stellaris with playing around with traits and edicts.
I'm going to go ahead and take that as a huge complement for the game. The FS and policy system is great, and it really lets you play with how you want your arcology to look, feel, and act.

Zorlond

Jun 15, 2021
I mean, this basically reads as "I am the leader of a literal sex cult, but I'm nice to my sex slaves once I brainwash them, so it's ok." Not trying to diss your idea of fun (Chattel Religionism is a terrific FS with a ton of great flavor content...one of the best in the game), but that's also pretty fucking creepy and dark, even if it is an awesome power fantasy.
Eh, I've seen way worse power fantasies. Besides, the 'brainwashing' can be as little as making them wear a mask for a few months while they work as a maid in a nice dress. But that's a matter of coding the game. If I'd been the dev, I would have kept a hidden 'Resentment' stat that could fluctuate many ways based on treatment, so outwardly the slave could look all Devoted and Trusting, but secretly planning an assassination attempt.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
The diddles
I do find one child event cute if you ever catch one that's clearly incapable of talking to you because she's foreign, and she just wants to live there, so one of the enslavement options is a straight up fake adoption. It pisses off your people, but it makes her like you enough that she usually ends up in the positives when she joins you.

The cuteness of course ends when all slaves need to be naked to finish the process, so you can never avoid at least looking at them before you decide to dress them. Such is the formalities of registration.

I assume more somewhat realistic settings were put into later updates, because for all slaves, there's more harshness with pregnancy if they don't have the right size or body type. I remember older versions of pregmod had a healthy slave with 22 babies in the womb, and health didn't really drop until she gave birth. What a trooper.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
It does have its own page on github. Google pregmod github and you should find it.

DarthSion98

May 31, 2020
There's an entry in the built in guide that explains why.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
It was the first time I managed it because I didn't know one of the collars was key to it because my people are IMPATIENT FUCKS, but I basically made it where you are not a woman unless you can give birth. Repopulation is basically sharing some of the gender traditionalism, except hardcore into breeding, to the point they dislike male slaves for not having a womb. If the latter degraded women into being objects, then this one literally sees them as a baby factory who's worthless if she's infertile. If you mix in the policy of incest, you basically get bonus approval for incestuous pregnancy too.

Also I learned going hardcore preggo actually makes it where the policy of getting slavers pregnant doesn't actually matter to them.

Roderik96

Jan 31, 2021
Is it possible that in the future the image packages can be fixed and improved? especially the nox/Deepmurk's one?

4.40 star(s) 23 Votes