Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
It's short for "What's going on?"
Makes sense.

My first visit to Australia, we were drinking wine with some heavily wine-oriented folks in Sydney. I say this only to explain that we all had notebooks and pens. I referred to the capital one too many times for one of the attendees. She passed me a note.

Can-berr-a.
Canbra (followed by a checkmark, which I can't seem to replicate here).

When I was teaching wine and cheese classes in Paris, I repeatedly corrected my teaching partner on this point. Also the pronunciation of Melbourne. We didn't have anyone from Brisbane while I was there, but I would've done that too. ;)

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Makes sense.

My first visit to Australia, we were drinking wine with some heavily wine-oriented folks in Sydney. I say this only to explain that we all had notebooks and pens. I referred to the capital one too many times for one of the attendees. She passed me a note.

Can-berr-a.
Canbra (followed by a checkmark, which I can't seem to replicate here).

When I was teaching wine and cheese classes in Paris, I repeatedly corrected my teaching partner on this point. Also the pronunciation of Melbourne. We didn't have anyone from Brisbane while I was there, but I would've done that too. ;)
Used to live in Brisbane, but no-one really calls it that. In order to upsell it compared to Sydney and Melbourne, it gets nicknames like Bris-Vegas, Brisneyland, etc.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I watch tennis from there every year (on TV, to be clear), so I get to hear how everyone refers to it. Sometimes hilarious.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
What I love about Aussie culture is that if it gets serious, then you've missed the point. Like I tend to think of myself as cishet male, but then you come across someone like Sukkhon and it makes me wonder. And as much as I might mock Denis, if I were actually in his position, I might act similarly

I mean for things like Climate Change, we get serious about shit like that. International obligations are a different ball game. But we don't sweat the small stuff.

Reactions: Segnbora

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
with his new grafikcard and his workflow i guess free pass, kathoey and naughty40 are already finished and he is working on his next 3 games. he just delay them to us because he is frightend we would hire another hijacker to stop him from overworking.;)

Oct 9, 2021
with his new grafikcard and his workflow i guess free pass, kathoey and naughty40 are already finished and he is working on his next 3 games. he just delay them to us because he is frightend we would hire another hijacker to stop him from overworking.;)
or maybe the game is finished

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
After Choices has been unusually quiet lately. I just hope nothing is wrong.
I spoke to her the other day, she is doing good.
Hey, dear friends. I had been doing fine. I had been busy with personal problems. And I had been taking care of my daughter who has started going weekend classes and play dates. Now, I am fully back to work and the updates are coming soon.

3.60 star(s) 78 Votes