m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Yes, I think it is. Now the whole game is around 1250 renders and the new version will include around 450-500.
And this is only the third update and about 2 months of work.
This is tremendous speed. I suspect by the last update (by the end of your story) the game will be huge.

By the way, have you thought in what format you will release the game?
Will it be a coherent short story?
Or is it a long story and the game will be released in seasons (parts)?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I always find annoying to make relations before starting the game, for example, like in the game called office, for people like me who always has the confusing brain to memorize those kinda things, I had to do it like 10 times to get it right (No way back/Buggy Scripts are also responsible for that, too).

Many players will find it annoying to define relations for sure but look like we have also got nothing to do either. So your help is 100% need if you can do, of course.
Okay, so I finally managed to track down the game I played which had a solution I liked. Turns out it might be simpler than I thought.

Declare a variable something like:
if MichelleRelationship == "":
define MichelleRelationship = Character ("family friend")

Then in the code, for example:
"Surprisingly it's Michelle, her step-daughter. As soon as she sees her step mother at the door, she gets a sour look on her face." becomes:
"Surprisingly it's Michelle, her [MichelleRelationship]. As soon as she sees Yoon at the door, she gets a sour look on her face."

Then we release a patch that overrides the "family friend" and changed it to "step-daughter". The code for that is simply something like:
default MichelleRelationship = "step-daughter"

Still need to test it more to see how well it works. The hard part of the example above would be what to use instead of "step-mother", because that would need to be defined too. And tenant/Landlady is just too cliché for my liking.

Last edited:

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Thank you so much for helping!

How about this?

Python:
$Michellerelationship = renpy.input ("Define the relationship with Michelle.")

if Michellerelationship == "":
    "Please define the relationship."

"Surprisingly it's Michelle, her [MichelleRelationship]. As soon as she sees Yoon at the door, she gets a sour look on her face."
In the Oopsy Daisy game, MC's mother is defined as Landlady. I think it's not too bad for Patreon.

But as you have said, all the dialogues about Michelle (From Yoon Side) have to be checked carefully and replace. I will make a note for you, if possible, for some words that are hard to find with the find & replace function.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Thank you so much for helping!

How about this?

Python:
$Michellerelationship = renpy.input ("Define the relationship with Michelle.")

if Michellerelationship == "":
    "Please define the relationship."

In the Oopsy Daisy game, MC's mother is defined as Landlady. I think it's not too bad for Patreon.

But as you have said, all the dialogues about Michelle (From Yoon Side) have to be checked carefully and replace. I will make a note for you, if possible, for some words that are hard to find with the find & replace function.
I guess the balance is between giving people the flexibility to define the relationship themselves, and having it make sense by defining it in the code.

Personally I'd code it to be Patreon friendly, and let people here change the patch if they want something different. I can easily change the patch if necessary. Also has the benefit of being far easier on people that aren't native English speakers.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I guess the balance is between giving people the flexibility to define the relationship themselves, and having it make sense by defining it in the code.

Personally I'd code it to be Patreon friendly, and let people here change the patch if they want something different. I can easily change the patch if necessary. Also has the benefit of being far easier on people that aren't native English speakers.
My thoughts are to let the players know that Michelle should be Yoon's step-daughter. You know, :D making a false-looking dialogue to let them know what to input if they want a more realistic outcome than defining freely. But yeah, flexibility would not be so bad. But I guess if the one defines Michelle as Yoon's wife, then his experience of playing that game would be nothing in my opinion.

Last edited:

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
And this is only the third update and about 2 months of work.
This is tremendous speed. I suspect by the last update (by the end of your story) the game will be huge.

By the way, have you thought in what format you will release the game?
Will it be a coherent short story?
Or is it a long story and the game will be released in seasons (parts)?
The story will be long enough to divide into seasons.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I and Stella have written a story that will lead to some huge changes for Yoon. But we are afraid it will be so much like plagiarism of AWAM. So, we decided to remove it and have to replace it with the new writings. It is removed so I will tell you what it is. There was the wedding invitation to Vietnam or Italy, by Jas and Yoon's college friend. That event was called "the girls' night out, Bachelorette party".

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

I and Stella have written a story that will lead to some huge changes for Yoon. But we are afraid it will be so much like plagiarism of AWAM. So, we decided to remove it and have to replace it with the new writings. It is removed so I will tell you what it is. There was the wedding invitation to Vietnam or Italy, by Jas and Yoon's college friend. That event was called "the girls' night out, Bachelorette party".
I'm fairly sure there's enough difference between this and AWAM for it not to be a concern. For one, there's no son character, and that's L&P's focus at the moment. And Yoon is a housewife, not a teacher. And Asian.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I'm fairly sure there's enough difference between this and AWAM for it not to be a concern. For one, there's no son character, and that's L&P's focus at the moment. And Yoon is a housewife, not a teacher. And Asian.
Ar yoh! You make me say it. I really really hate Dylan, both for his appearance and attitude. :LOL: Now I have become a badmouthing person. Look what you have made me do (Read in Taylor Swift's Tone)

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Ar yo...you make me saying it. I really really hate Dylan both in appearance and attitudes. :LOL: Now I have become a badmouthing person. Look what you have made me do (Read in Taylor Swift's Tone)
But that's really my point. Dylan is the most popular character for L&P, and so without a character like that here, it makes this a significantly different game.

The relationship between Yoon and Daniel is also the complete opposite between Sophia and Liam. Yoon has a reason to cheat, with her and Daniel's relationship already being shaky for years.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
But that's really my point. Dylan is the most popular character for L&P, and so without a character like that here, it makes this a significantly different game.

The relationship between Yoon and Daniel is also the complete opposite between Sophia and Liam. Yoon has a reason to cheat, with her and Daniel's relationship already being shaky for years.
Dylan should be the one who brings player the anxiety and curiosity, making them come back one version after another. Good Job L&P, Good Job for real! I gotta say

Last edited:

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019

There are a lot of stories about "housewives who slip into lust and corruption", and most of these stories are a set of stereotypes and repetitions.
It is obvious that AWAM is not a pioneer of the genre, and L&P itself is inspired by games, films, books that came before it.

I would not avoid comparing your games.
On the contrary, I would play on the similarities and show the public the difference in the approach to production.

It's no secret that your audience with L&P is the same, but you have a huge advantage in fast updates, fast plot development and in the absence of Dylan and his underage company)

With this speed, you will finish your game faster, and who knows, maybe your example will make AWAM better.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 78 Votes