rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Normal Version
Vanilla Version

Can someone please explain to me the difference between them?
which version should i play?

WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
Friends in Need [v0.4 Subscribestar] [NeonGhosts]

NOTE: This works with the taboo patch, vanilla version does not

NOTE 2: Patch included, but not applied

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

WORKUPLOAD - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac:

WORKUPLOAD - -
PIXELDRAIN
What does patch included but not applied mean? Is the patch file in the compressed folder but not in the game folder?

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
You need bigger (full) version, not the vanilla one and also have "$ patch = True" in the patch.rpy file either by separately downloading this file or just manually editing the one you already have.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Normal Version
Vanilla Version

What is the difference between the two versions?
It's been explained multiple times on the previous page...

Vanilla = Patreon
vanilla - censored (no dark path), normal - full (needs taboo patch to unlock dark path options)
nothing got removed, there is separated "light" version without dark path called "Friends Indeed" made for patreon and steam
but main "Friends In Need" still have everything

Sep 19, 2021
If you using the vailla version it will not work...you have to use the SS version, the main one in the OP or my compressed version.

Patch also must say this:
All right thank you very much! The issue was indeed that I downloaded the vanilla one by accident and tried to patch that.

someniceguy

Dec 5, 2017
no brother I downloaded it three times I believe it's correct

Code:
    ash"Give me that big, hard fucking cock in my tight little teen cunt.."
    menu:
        "Fuck her." if patch == True :
I found this scene in the code and this is the only check for this option. Can you enable console and check if the patch has "True" value?
If it is then you downloaded a game version with cut content

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I think both versions in the OP are vanilla versions, I have tried the patch etc but both are the same.

O'hoy mateys, this here be that link for me fellow nicki-abusing enthusiasts, yarr!

Mega "taboo path"
They used that one to update the OP.

That version as well already comes with the patch but it is sat to "false" and it needs to be sat to "true".

I compressed using that as source.

Notice normal says "Friends in Need" (2.43GB) vanilla says "Friends Indeed" (2.19GB).

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022
Man the romance paths on this one are so cute that I always fee bad playing the dark ones after.

If I'm the first one to leave this site a more tender person, the dark site of internet will have my head for breaking the rules.

But luckily treating Nicki like a dickhead is hard to resist for long.

Great update as always.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Khao and NeonGhosts

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
... stuff ...

No, now is a (hopefully quick.. ) update about Alex, Risa, Mason, and Gabby
Ah well, I was hoping. As I am a patient man, I will just have to suck it up and wait through another development cycle to get the real story on Nicki. But, take your time Neon, do the work that we all know you are capable of. I will just sit here in the dark and play lesser games until the chapter one modifications are ready in your opinion (the only one that matters).

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeonGhosts

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
what is different between vanilla and download version?
Normal Version
Vanilla Version

What is the difference between the two versions?
It's been explained multiple times on the previous page...

Vanilla = Patreon
vanilla - censored (no dark path), normal - full (needs taboo patch to unlock dark path options)
nothing got removed, there is separated "light" version without dark path called "Friends Indeed" made for patreon and steam
but main "Friends In Need" still have everything

Izakiya

Apr 29, 2023
Ashe wasn't a favorite of mine before this update but she's certainly moved up a few spots. Shame about her dark path cutting off but real life comes first. It's nice that we finally got some progress with Viola's path. Good update overall.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes