Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I made THIS post a while back explaining it as best I could at the time, hope this helps.
I'll be honest I was too lazy too look back for your explanation
So I just tried the best I could to explain it.
The problem being of course that I'm crap at explaining things lol.

I'm looking forward to praising Mason so much.
I sort of have a thing where I get excited constantly praising someone I love sexually.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: SlapE

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
I'll be honest I was too lazy too look back for your explanation
So I just tried the best I could to explain it.
The problem being of couthat I'm crap at explaining things lol.

I'm looking forward to praising Mason so much.
I sort of have a thing where I get excited constantly praising someone I love sexually.
Now I've heard of having a praise kink but never a praising kink.

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Now I've heard of having a praise kink but never a praising kink.
It probably sounds a bit weird the way I'm saying it.
But just the thought of constantly saying things like 'good boy' & 'you are so beautiful' to Mason turns me on.

Reactions: GokutheG

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
It probably sounds a bit weird the way I'm saying it.
But just the thought of constantly saying things like 'good boy' & 'you are so beautiful' to Mason turns me on.
Oh im not saying it's weird. I think that'd be great thing to tell him that.

Now I'm imaging mc calling him a good boy while absolutely wrecking him from behind while his face is in a pillow.

You're a bad influence sir.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I remember a while ago seeing a render of Mason wearing dark stockings.
I wonder if that's part of the next update?

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the pet play stuff in the future.
It's going to be a cruel update if Mason is made to wear women's attire. But then again, this can be a cruel game indeed. I think he would rather do the furry cosplay if given any choice. Might even enjoy the stritches and scratches, purring, and barking.

microchipdisposable

Dec 21, 2023
So. I used search several times, don't tell me to do it again. Does patch work?

I've downloaded Ch8 v0.57 ver and a separate patch from here. For example, there's no option for pills, except to put them back.
I've tried a version from subscribestar and it was the same.

If it doesn't work, why there's no hint on it in thread header? And which version was the latest it did work, v0.4?

Or maybe I get locked out of some content because of route issues and it's not about patch really

Reactions: Stan5851

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020
It's going to be a cruel update if Mason is made to wear women's attire. But then again, this can be a cruel game indeed. I think he would rather do the furry cosplay if given any choice. Might even enjoy the stritches and scratches, purring, and barking.
Isn't Mason kinda into it? At least, during sexy times. Kinda fucked what the implication is, but w/e.

PHIL101-YYouPPHard

Jan 11, 2022
So. I used search several times, don't tell me to do it again. Does patch work?

I've downloaded Ch8 v0.57 ver and a separate patch from here. For example, there's no option for pills, except to put them back.
I've tried a version from subscribestar and it was the same.

If it doesn't work, why there's no hint on it in thread header? And which version was the latest it did work, v0.4?

Or maybe I get locked out of some content because of route issues and it's not about patch really
I managed to get the pills without any dark points, so that shouldn't be a requirement, though it's possible Neon changed it. Who knows.

But if you indeed have the subscribestar 'Friends in Need' (as opposed to vanilla/'Friends Indeed' patreon-friendly version which won't work), then make sure you installed the patch correctly. And then make sure you start a new game. You can't reliably apply the patch mid-game without introducing some bugs.

If it still doesn't work or if you want to be thorough from the start, then you might need to delete the persistent files. Could back them up just in case, but I don't know if that's necessary. I don't know where they are on other devices, but on Windows:
-> where ever your game is installed \FriendsInNeed-#.#\game\saves
delete the file named 'persistent'
-> C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\FriendsinNeed2-1641753492
delete another 'persistent' file
-> C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\FriendsinNeed2-1641753492\sync
not sure why there's yet another 'persistent' file here, but delete that one for good measure

If you've done everything correctly, this should hopefully do the trick. Good luck!

Isn't Mason kinda into it? At least, during sexy times. Kinda fucked what the implication is, but w/e.
Hard to tell what exactly Mason wants or is ok with tbh. My take would be he isn't actually into it and is just a convincing actor (our poor boy has experience here after all :cry:).

From a scene writing perspective, maybe it's possible Neon wanted to write a sexy encounter for those turned off by 'he/him' pronouns that still comes off as consensual. But only Neon himself can say, obviously.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Please don't group Nekos/Catgirls in with furries, they aren't the same. The audiences who enjoy them sometimes overlap, but a lot of people only like one or the other, and it's widely accepted that they are different.

I for one don't find the appeal in humanoids completely covered in fur, but do really like nekos (girls with cat ears and a tail, and less commonly whiskers, but still look largely human).

I know there's an equivalent term for dog girls too, which are also not the same as furries, but I don't recall what it is.

4.50 star(s) 194 Votes