Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
The update runs with a newer RenPy- (Python-) version and is not compatible with the old version.
Older versions use bla.rpy and the new version uses bla.py.

I have the same problem with 64-bit RenPy games, it works for me but it freezes after every click.
(Intel HD graphic is not designed for this. ^^)
Oh goodie! I have an older machine that I am sure will get bit before too long at this rate. Why upgrade to newer version of RenPy if you do not use any of the newer 'features' and your old version works? Guess that is a question for the ages, eh? :>)

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
Leonave just scrap all that "free roam" bullshit. Sandbox never was or will be good, any implementation of that has failed and its a mark of emptiness of the game.
why so salty about it?, since we have a Journal with us, I don't see the problem in having sandbox gameplay, is not like you gotta blindly guess what to do anymore or figure out if you reached the end of content, and again, sandbox games have pros and cons as well as pure VN style games. No one is inherently better than the other, they are simply different styles that provide different things, if is not your thing that's fine, but I would refrain from using absolutist statements like "never was or will be good" specially since is a matter of taste.

anon2323j

Feb 8, 2022
why so salty about it?, since we have a Journal with us, I don't see the problem in having sandbox gameplay, is not like you gotta blindly guess what to do anymore or figure out if you reached the end of content, and again, sandbox games have pros and cons as well as pure VN style games. No one is inherently better than the other, they are simply different styles that provide different things, if is not your thing that's fine, but I would refrain from using absolutist statements like "never was or will be good" specially since is a matter of taste.
I'd say in it's current state it suffers from the same issue as milfy city and most sand boxes. Currently there's no benefit to it being a sand box. you don't get additional things to do, you don't get a choice in order of events, you don't get the choice at doing one thing over another. What you do currently get is all the monotonous clicking behind sandboxes where the sandbox portion is basically just a transition for scenes. This can in theory be remedied so cutting it out seems drastic, but I can't currently think of a lewd game that truly benefited from being a sandbox.

Leonave

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
I'd say in it's current state it suffers from the same issue as milfy city and most sand boxes. Currently there's no benefit to it being a sand box. you don't get additional things to do, you don't get a choice in order of events, you don't get the choice at doing one thing over another. What you do currently get is all the monotonous clicking behind sandboxes where the sandbox portion is basically just a transition for scenes. This can in theory be remedied so cutting it out seems drastic, but I can't currently think of a lewd game that truly benefited from being a sandbox.
Hi!

I find that the principle of point and click allows a better immersion and to incorporate well the space-time context.
My game has a main storyline with secondary events attached to it so as not to lose coherence but it is quite possible to do them later for the most part.

As for the emptiness of the sandbox, it is normal that the activities come as you go along and that there are not 36 different quests coming out of nowhere all at once.
What's more, you're discovering the game as you go, but for someone who's about to discover the game, when they get to town, it won't feel empty.

I keep calling for patience because I want this game to be graphically and scenarially polished. Now that the infrastructure is in place, I'm only going to focus on the content.

Thank you for reading this far

Leonave

anon2323j

Feb 8, 2022
I find that the principle of point and click allows a better immersion and to incorporate well the space-time context.
My game has a main storyline with secondary events attached to it so as not to lose coherence but it is quite possible to do them later for the most part.
I like that in interactions like exploring Rachael's apartment the first time, or the quick time of home defense.
where my "sandbox" frustrations currently lie are the current school building where you have to click to enter the hallway, then have to click again to go around the corner (when there's nothing at all in the main hallway), you then have to click to go to the classrooms, which actually leads to another hall, where you once again have to click into the class room. why not just have the class room in the main hallway and respect the player's time?

I hope this comes off as constructive rather than just criticism.

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
How do you unlock "break time" & "boob contest"? I kept going back to the hospital, sauna and nothing happen!

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
Honestly this game has a lot of scenes that feel like a giant waste of time, like the sauna scenes for example, or watching other people having sex, feels like everyone is having some besides the MC.
The story scenes are good but there's way to many teasing scenes or scenes that feel like they are going somewhere and end abruptly.
Please make more scenes with characters are central to the story and not a handjob/blowjob scene from random NPC's that have a single scene in the story.

Last edited:

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Either way, there is literally no reason to do anything but despise your sister and actively help her die. There is no in game reason to do ANYTHING but say "Fuck you" to the family, and ghost them forever, at the VERY least. Everything shown so far has the sister as an irredeemable evil bitch that needs to die. The ONLY way to salvage it that won't feel like a total asspull is timetravel bullshit where you get to her before she turns into a raging homicidal psychopath.
She's hot, though.

Reactions: Leonave

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hi!

As for the emptiness of the sandbox, it is normal that the activities come as you go along and that there are not 36 different quests coming out of nowhere all at once.
What's more, you're discovering the game as you go, but for someone who's about to discover the game, when they get to town, it won't feel empty.

I keep calling for patience because I want this game to be graphically and scenarially polished. Now that the infrastructure is in place, I'm only going to focus on the content.

Thank you for reading this far

Leonave
Well, if you want to have the locations, have them. School, Home, etc. However, don't add too many subsections of areas until their necessary. It's cool for there to be a school, but don't add too many subsections until you're ready to implement them. Example: If there is only interactions/events in the school bathroom and classroom, don't add the cafeteria, the swimming pool, the principal's office, the back of the school, etc clickable until you add events for them. You can also have them be clickable as people continue a quest, that way it's less cluttered and people don't have to guess where the next event is. If your map is literally School, Home and Hospital to start, so be it. Then you could add to it.

I haven't played your game yet, I'm just here to read if it'll interest me. On a side note, does this game have a built in Walkthrough Mod like modern Sandbox games?

Leonave

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Well, if you want to have the locations, have them. School, Home, etc. However, don't add too many subsections of areas until their necessary. It's cool for there to be a school, but don't add too many subsections until you're ready to implement them. Example: If there is only interactions/events in the school bathroom and classroom, don't add the cafeteria, the swimming pool, the principal's office, the back of the school, etc clickable until you add events for them. You can also have them be clickable as people continue a quest, that way it's less cluttered and people don't have to guess where the next event is. If your map is literally School, Home and Hospital to start, so be it. Then you could add to it.

I haven't played your game yet, I'm just here to read if it'll interest me. On a side note, does this game have a built in Walkthrough Mod like modern Sandbox games?
Hi

There is no unnecessary clickable area overload.
This was the case in the previous version with the sister's house, but I took into account the players' opinions and replaced this part by a linear naration.

Many critics during the previous update pointed out the lack of indication about the remaining content which made the players go in circles unnecessarily while all the available content had been played.

So I added a quest log that gives indications about the remaining playable content and clues about what to do.

I hope this will encourage you to give the game a try and that you will like it.

Leonave

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hi

There is no unnecessary clickable area overload.
This was the case in the previous version with the sister's house, but I took into account the players' opinions and replaced this part by a linear naration.

Many critics during the previous update pointed out the lack of indication about the remaining content which made the players go in circles unnecessarily while all the available content had been played.

So I added a quest log that gives indications about the remaining playable content and clues about what to do.

I hope this will encourage you to give the game a try and that you will like it.

Leonave
It did! Just one more question, but I'll DM you rather than clog up this page. :D

3.70 star(s) 50 Votes