4.60 star(s) 19 Votes

smutcube

Jun 28, 2018
Are we getting one today or in 2 weeks from now?
I'll be sending the public release to Darkwolf2055 in a few hours. There was one particularly nasty bug in the last build I'm hoping was squashed. I'm holding out for a little while to hear from Patrons who were effected if it was fixed.

It's been submitted to Dark wolf, keep an eye on the OP.

Last edited:

gmant

Jul 31, 2017
If you own both the poster and the photo, only one of them will show up in the inventory.

Ooooookay so I don't even get the items I put on the desk AND the screen disappears, making the game 100% unplayable. What the fuck is this shit?

Last edited:

gmant

Jul 31, 2017
Don't bother, this version is completely broken, most likely wasn't tested at all. Ran into game-breaking bugs 10 seconds in.

Reactions: cooldude33

gmant

Jul 31, 2017
Did you setup your desk?
Yes, multiple times, even deleted my save to see if old data was causing it.

Edit: Managed to solve it by going into regedit and just completely wiping the old data instead of using the in-game function.

Edit2: Aaaand it broke again.

Last edited:

gmant

Jul 31, 2017
So the moment I make ANY change whatsoever from the default desk setup, the entire desk simply breaks and everything becomes invisible.

10/10

Re-downloaded the game, completely cleaned the registry and AppData, ran a registry cleaner, I tried literally fucking EVERYTHING but for some reason when it tries to load the desk it crams every single item on the same spot in the middle of the desk and this breaks the entire fucking game.
Posters are backwards and can't be rotated, and they don't have a texture on their back side so they're invisible. Screen doesn't appear, clock doesn't appear, nothing works. Game's completely busted.

EDIT: So the game saves a completely empty FurniturePos.smut file every time I click Save. This means that NOTHING gets placed. There's no work-around for this. Some extremely weird conflict going on between DefaultFurniturePos.smut and FurniturePos.smut that causes the game to get confused and load nothing instead. I tried deleting both files multiple times. By setting DefaultFurniturePos.smut to Read-Only I stop the issue from occuring but I also can't save any changes to the desk. The entire system is useless this way.

Last edited:

SpitFireJack

Nov 23, 2017
So the moment I make ANY change whatsoever from the default desk setup, the entire desk simply breaks and everything becomes invisible.

10/10

Re-downloaded the game, completely cleaned the registry and AppData, ran a registry cleaner, I tried literally fucking EVERYTHING but for some reason when it tries to load the desk it crams every single item on the same spot in the middle of the desk and this breaks the entire fucking game.
Posters are backwards and can't be rotated, and they don't have a texture on their back side so they're invisible. Screen doesn't appear, clock doesn't appear, nothing works. Game's completely busted.

EDIT: So the game saves a completely empty FurniturePos.smut file every time I click Save. This means that NOTHING gets placed. There's no work-around for this.
After you have placed the objects and modified the desk, save and press esc on the keyboard, not exit the game, otherwise it does not save the changes

gmant

Jul 31, 2017
Yeah, thanks. I managed to get that far. The problem is that if I set DefaultFurniturePos.smut to Read-Only, the game works, but I can't edit the desk.
If I don't set it to Read-Only, I can't edit the desk anyway because it keeps setting everything to some piled-up neutral/zero position and it doesn't save my changes. This also causes the objects to simply not load into the game so the game is utterly unplayable.

Nastumi

Jan 1, 2019
Update was running fine but I couldn't see the clock, so I tryed to move around furnitures a bit, and it broke too. I tryed the save and press esc, reinstalling, tweaking around, nothing works. I can't find where the game save, if anyone have the folder.

if needed for helping with finding where the bug is coming from, I can share my specs, you never know...

Last edited:

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Had an issue when i continued from day two to day three it skipped directly to the cash out page of day four, anyone else?

SpitFireJack

Nov 23, 2017
apparently one of the real problems are:
if you move objects from the original position when they are purchased, the game does not adequately save the changes and does not load them in the game, but the effect is there.

smutcube

Jun 28, 2018
I'll take a look after work. It's very frustrating that it will work flawlessly on one machine and be completely broken on another. I'm probably going to end up rebuilding the whole desk setup from scratch since it seems like there's a new issue on every machine with no apparent cause.

smutcube

Jun 28, 2018
I'll take a look after work. It's very frustrating that it will work flawlessly on one machine and be completely broken on another. I'm probably going to end up rebuilding the whole desk setup from scratch since it seems like there's a new issue on every machine with no apparent cause.
It's not ideal, but in the mean time those facing issues with the desk setup breaking can use this build which disables that portion of the code entirely:

If there's a quick fix I'll have something tonight, if not I'll tear down the desk setup code and rebuild it on Friday.

4.60 star(s) 19 Votes