F1_rst

Apr 19, 2019
I completed the game all the way up until the 2.0 content and stopped because 3.0 wasn't translated. Based on the state of the translation project, the google sheet one, im guessing 3.0 still isn't done, but no harm in asking, is 3.0 content translated yet?

leechurch

Oct 28, 2020
I completed the game all the way up until the 2.0 content and stopped because 3.0 wasn't translated. Based on the state of the translation project, the google sheet one, im guessing 3.0 still isn't done, but no harm in asking, is 3.0 content translated yet?
As far as I can tell, not at all. And 2.0 isn't translated that well either

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
I tried to do a translation for the UI stuff, but I literally couldn't find where some of the things were controlled from. Particularly the skill descriptions. Even poked around in the EXE file with Microsoft Studio but no luck.

If anyone wanted to properly translate this I could help with icon cleaning (I can pretty easily get rid of the Japanese text on buttons for instance) and editing the English text (what already exists as well as the new things they do), but in general the TL for this is just way too scattered. It's unfortunate since it's quite a good game. I more or less stopped playing it because it was too awkward to read and I knew it was only going to get worse. I could technically just do an edited MTL but at that point it feels like a waste of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: leechurch

speedykhajiit

Nov 3, 2020
translation past the first part really are terrible garbage that you'd be lucky to understand what the heck it's even talking about, i'm really hoping it can get a complete translation since this is a really good game

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Like I said, I'm willing to do the English-text editing and image modification if I can get someone who knows what they're doing for TL. Problem is, anyone who wants to TL the second and third parts might want to redo the first as well to keep the quality up/consistent, so there's even more. I don't think it's a very short game, either?

That and someone with a bit of hacking experience since, as I said, I have absolutely no clue where the skill descriptions are kept. Maybe they're just really really hardcoded somewhere stupid.

Slutty_Felix

Jan 21, 2019
Everyone's saying that the translation is pretty good, but all I see is MTL stuff.
Also, when I try to apply translation from that google doc, the game just wont load

Nov 20, 2020
Everyone's saying that the translation is pretty good, but all I see is MTL stuff.
Also, when I try to apply translation from that google doc, the game just wont load
The people saying that have only played the first initial chapter, once you reach leg 2 it goes downhill almost immediately and leg 3 is illegible as far as I'm concerned.

leechurch

Oct 28, 2020
The people saying that have only played the first initial chapter, once you reach leg 2 it goes downhill almost immediately and leg 3 is illegible as far as I'm concerned.
I think chapter 2 is a slog to get through because the english translation is really poor, but not completely unreadable. But chapter 3 is impossible because it is completley MTL and hot garbage (I'm sorry if it is well intentioned, but it is a trash translation).

On top of that some of the items have really weirdly translated descriptions, and there are inconsistencies in the way some descriptions are handled like "item only for Pia" and later you might see one that says "item unique to Pia" they need to be fixed too.

And late in the game (chapter 3) there areeven inconsistencies intranslations of character names, so you know zero care whatsoever has gone into the MTL.

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
There are few things I hate more than translations that haven't been edited properly. I see it in lower quality manga translations all the time, but it's really stupid when they've gone to the effort of cleaning and actually have pretty good typesetting, but they DIDN'T go to the bare fucking bones effort of finding some random dude (anyone, literally anyone) to make sure the writing isn't hot garbage grammatically. If stuff's a little bit stilted, fine, not everyone can write really well, but I'm talking about stuff that's even more basic than that.

I can only assume it's ESL people deciding to translate for some godforsaken reason.

It's not even that bloody hard, I could do it in barely more time than it takes to read.

brlolilover

Apr 22, 2020
Reminder that, if I remember correctly, the translation here for chapters 2/3 are a result from when the script for those chapters hadn't been translated yet on the translation sheet, so someone filled it in with MTL. (This includes items and skills new to the unity version, and also some early scenes that are new to the unity version)
From when I looked at it a year or more ago, it had been translated in the sheet, and other things revised, etc.

The problem is that nobody's updated the translation patch in forever (I think the person who set up the sheet and did the pre-unity patches is not around anymore.)
There's also around ~300 lines left without any translation in the sheet, plus general proofreading of the rest.

brlolilover

Apr 22, 2020
Like here, this is how the items would be when updated with what's on the sheet.
I haven't proofread all of it (ideally I'd go over every one of the blue marked ones, but I don't have the time rn), but it should be better than what's currently on the release.

The same could be done with the skills on st_sk and a few others that are .csv (thus easier to port the translation over from the sheets). I had some trouble because of libre office being kinda shit, but should be quick to do otherwise.

A thing I noticed is that the release here is missing some items compared to the sheets and to the file included in the "original_jap_src_files" folder. Can someone confirm if the original japanese 3.39 or 3.40 has all 21 personality change items (ID 1800 to 1820)?
If so I could fix it here by getting the stats from the japanese source and the descriptions from the sheets.

Ilovefutas

Oct 2, 2020
Honestly just leave chapter one and finish 2 and 3 I don't really care if it doesn't match the first chapters quality if I can't even understand what happened after that.

4.40 star(s) 19 Votes