Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
Well, I said I would support Future fragments again this year, but something bothered me.

I'm also watching ''Reclaim reality'' but it seems that this project doesn't take off.

Only 600 $ monthly while FF is at 10 000 $. Maybe the ''yuri tentacle'' niche isn't that popular.

I'm tempted to support RR instead of FF, just because it needs it (while FF is already a steady project, and I already pledged enough to receive the game at launch :D ), however I'm scared that RR development might be very slow or maybe canceled. Do you have a schedule about Reclaim Reality ?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Well, I said I would support Future fragments again this year, but something bothered me.

I'm also watching ''Reclaim reality'' but it seems that this project doesn't take off.

Only 600 $ monthly while FF is at 10 000 $. Maybe the ''yuri tentacle'' niche isn't that popular.

I'm tempted to support RR instead of FF, just because it needs it (while FF is already a steady project, and I already pledged enough to receive the game at launch :D ), however I'm scared that RR development might be very slow or maybe canceled. Do you have a schedule about Reclaim Reality ?
Reclaim Reality is doing great in terms of content; we currently are looking at a demo containing a solid portion of the game coming out to the public in late March.

It definitely could use some support though, as the team is working very hard on things!

The main reason it doesn't have much support is simply a combination of two things;
1) I haven't promoted it to even 1/20th of the sites that Future Fragments has been on, and
2) There's no demo out for it yet, so people are understandably wary to pledge without something to play from start to finish.

Currently, here's what we have done for the game;
- 52 minutes of music across over 40 songs
- Five spritesheets of over 10 sprites each, all with fairly different poses
- Three sex CG scenes with three variations each (yuri)
- One tentacle machine sex scene with four variations
- Two boss battles with full animation/etc.
- 15 backgrounds, all with variations
- A full, REALLY robust GUI for the game
- A gigantic text parser/engine for gameplay, given that it branches off into a lot of paths

A lot of the delay is just because we had to replace the previous artist, so almost all the artwork had to be redone, but yeah, it's moving along very fast, the new artist is incredibly fast (an average of 1 sprite a day or 1 CG a day), and the game is going along pretty smoothly.

So as to not make this post huge, I'll link some of the assets in the next post.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Alright, prepare for a gigantic wall of images and links!

Here's an example of what the in-game interface looks like; the GUI on the right is your menu you'll use to access the world around you, this was a test image (hence the text) for our programmer, so we actually do have all the icons etc. in and this is functional in-game, they're just not in this test image.

This also features the navigation system, which is how you'll actually navigate around the world. Here's some of the icons for it, showing Melinda's brain damage states too.

And here's the logo for the game;

And some of the backgrounds;

Next up, here's the full cast of characters for the game; note that yes, there are two guys in there, but they're your dad and your grandfather. There's no incest in this game, let alone that it's a yuri game, so you're definitely not hooking up with them!

The horrific looking woman on the bottom row, third from the left, is also not someone you can hook up with (as she isn't even a someone, she's a some-thing), and the woman second from the left, at the top with the striped grey top, is your mother, so nothing's going on there, either.

Finally, the woman on the far right on the middle row is your doctor, and as she's helping you in the outside world to cure the virus ravaging your brain, you can't exactly do anything with her, either.

Everyone else in this image though, you can sleep with and they all have sex scenes, both with you, and with the tentacle machines.

And as for what those characters look like fully fleshed out, here's some of the completed spritesheets;

That last spritesheet there is the first boss in the game, locking down the Frontal Lobe area of your brain; to defeat it, you'll need to fight it. Yes, literally fight it.

If you're wondering how that's possible, well, Melinda has a special power of sorts, called Will Power; if you've ever played Danganronpa and know that luck is a tangible thing in that game, it's a similar idea where your actual will power in this game is manifested/quantified.

Another way to think of it might be the Stands in Jojo's, but more "augmenting your natural abilities" and not "personifications of you/separate entities" like in Jojo's.

Each of the characters has a Will Power ability, extrapolated from their core personality. Melinda's however, is the only one that can actually damage the tentacle machines because <spoilers>.

And here's what the first boss battle looks like (it's a video with sound!). We don't have the sound effects in yet, and there's a few other things to fix and do, but this should give you a good example of it.

(Had to split this up into two posts, so check below for more!)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Your friends aren't entirely helpless in defeating the bosses, though; before each fight, you can pick to bond yourself to one of the girls if you've managed to get them to trust you fully (through conversations and typical VN stuff).

Doing this will allow you to tap into their innate powers, so for instance, in this first boss battle, bonding with Alice (the pink haired woman) would give you an extra life. Bonding with Sylvie (the girl with the glasses) would give you twice the movement speed, and so on.

The bond Melinda (your character) shares with someone is also represented in the pictures shown when you bond with one of the women for that battle.

- Ruth is Melinda's boss, so they have a pretty formal, sort of "mentor/student" relationship.
- Sylvie is Melinda's best friend since childhood, so basically they're basically bros/trust each other to get the job done.
- Alice is Melinda's girlfriend, but before you ask, there's no NTR in the game; Alice is in an open relationship with her, and actively pushes Melinda to experiment with other women as she feels it'll broaden her horizons, not to mention she knows Melinda will still love her emotionally regardless of who she sleeps with.

Buffs of course would be relevant to each boss battle, as each boss battle is vastly different than the last.

For an example of just how different, here's some animations of the second boss battle (these are all WIPs, especially the background which is a complete placeholder), in the Parietal Lobe;

This battle is a combination of Osu and Punchout, so expect each boss battle for each area in the game (all 8 of them) to be fairly different in style and functionality.

If you're wondering what the hell they're fighting, it's another tentacle machine, but this one's been bashed into the wall by one of Ellie's punches (the girl in the last gif), a woman with augmented strength/bionic parts, so it's stuck there while it fights you.

It uses two legs for locomotion, spinning the shafts in opposite directions, while the third leg is used as a counterbalance. Its body is made out of Oobleck, so when it's hit hard, it hardens up, but normally, it's gelatinous and soft, with its core in the middle being its actual weak point.

I also wanted to just show off this epic CG that our artist, Reddart made for the Patreon banner;

Finally, yes, there's sex scenes; I'm not going to show much of them off given the nature of the game, but here's two versions of two of the scenes;

We're not done yet, though; there's also the music. On the topic of the sex scenes, there's even different event music based on whether the sex you're having with the person (because of your current relationship) is romantic, intense, awkward, or comedic.

For example, Alice would have romantic music, Ruth would have intense, and Sylvie, being your best friend since forever, would be awkward.

As the game progresses though and your connection with characters changes, the sex scenes you'll have with them will change, too.

You also have options to disable all tentacle machine sex scenes in the game, or disable all yuri scenes in the game, or vice versa. They still happen, but they'll just be glossed over quickly and you won't see anything.

has all the music we've posted publicly for the game so far, just keep going down the list and look for anything that says (Reclaim Reality) on it. (The same musician does music for Future Fragments, also!)

Here's some of my personal favorites from the game;

(that's right, EVERY character in the game gets their own theme song!)

(played when the characters are discussing what to do next/figuring out a problem; there's multiple "event songs" throughout the game for things like despair, comedy, crisis, etc.)

Songs have motifs too that give away cues/references to the relationships between characters; for example, Briley, Melinda's ex-girlfriend, was forced to re-think her worldview after getting influenced by Melinda's own view of the world/people, but she's still coming to terms with this, so a small part of her song (from 1:16 to 1:35) has a portion of Melinda's motif in it.

Polly and Karen both ended up meeting each other in college; Polly as a single mother, and Karen as a horribly unlucky, but still very happy office worker. The two became fast friends with Karen often babysitting for Polly and Polly sort of "grounding" Karen's rampant energy, as well as them working together under Ruth and with Melinda. So, their theme songs feature a single motif which they both share as a result.

There's other interactions like that throughout the game, of course.

That's about all I can think of though for a brief surface level of the assets/game, there's lots more I haven't shown, but I hope that gives you some faith that we are working hard on this and do plan to deliver something just as solid as Future Fragments with it :)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
streaming now and for the next 12 or so hours after the time of this post if all goes well

hentaclegames

Feb 9, 2018
How about some 0.26v1 discussion. The content jump in this demo compared to what's in 0.17a is impressive. I really like the branching narrative choices, even if they are just local to this level. I only know of one of these that is action based (instead of a menu choice), and that's the small key robot that Vie tells you that you need to destroy when she explains how that door works. You can destroy it before she tells you about it to get a different message from her. There are some things I haven't figure out / stumbled across yet:

There's a trapped tripod robot in the area just above the hub on the right. You can agree to damage it and then leave so it can be disassembled and moved somewhere else. Anybody find where that thing shows up again later?

There's also some animations I haven't found in game. One involves both Talia and Faye, and another seems to be an alternate clothed one featuring the electro-Grunt (so there's 3 total with that guy). I found these using some minor hackery since there's no gallery. Any one know how to unlock those?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
How about some 0.26v1 discussion. The content jump in this demo compared to what's in 0.17a is impressive. I really like the branching narrative choices, even if they are just local to this level. I only know of one of these that is action based (instead of a menu choice), and that's the small key robot that Vie tells you that you need to destroy when she explains how that door works. You can destroy it before she tells you about it to get a different message from her.
In the current build (soon to be v026v2) there are a LOT of these "kill something/don't kill something" results, and there's a lot of narrative branching choices also. In the full game, the choices will expand to multiple levels (do something in the Fire level, it'll affect the Electric Level, which might affect the Earth Level, etc.)

There are some things I haven't figure out / stumbled across yet:

There's a trapped tripod robot in the area just above the hub on the right. You can agree to damage it and then leave so it can be disassembled and moved somewhere else. Anybody find where that thing shows up again later?
Yep, go to P1M2, if you picked to help him, he'll be there.

There's also some animations I haven't found in game. One involves both Talia and Faye, and another seems to be an alternate clothed one featuring the electro-Grunt (so there's 3 total with that guy). I found these using some minor hackery since there's no gallery. Any one know how to unlock those?
Those aren't in the current playable build (as in, the cutscenes aren't done yet so you can't find them during gameplay), but they'll be in the v026v2 update.

Reactions: MeepMoop123

badjie

Jun 3, 2017
Yet the public electric demo was going to be out today, right?
Ye it was, according to the guy named HentaiWriter. But if I remember correctly this thing started out 2017? I think they were supposed to release it end of October 2017, but it was an update of the firelevel public demo.
Then they switched date after date, suddenly it was the Electric public demo in end of January the 31st. But he told they might need one more week for quality reason around 7th of Feb.
Last it was Feb 17 and now Feb 28 hahaha

Man, im not hating just think it's funny and no I am not a patreon but you should consider stop giving out releasedate's and go with "its done when its done" :)

Anyway great game, love sidescrollers but I think it could be alittle bit harder other than that 10/10 !

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Yet the public electric demo was going to be out today, right?
Yep; it's taking longer than we thought to get the demo complete, just due to the density of cutscenes (over 30 of them), branches within the cutscenes (over 100), and all the voice actors (15 of them) across 4,000+ lines of dialogue :p

Plus converting the game to HTML5, bug testing, map polishing, sound effects getting finished off, and a few new features getting all added, we want to make sure it's really well done instead of rushing it out unfinished as this will be the last public demo until the game's complete a year or so from now.

We're definitely aiming to get it done on the 28th though, and if not then, 1 week later.

Ye it was, according to the guy named HentaiWriter. But if I remember correctly this thing started out 2017? I think they were supposed to release it end of October 2017, but it was an update of the firelevel public demo.
We were going to do an update for the Fire Level demo then, as we had basically all the assets to do the Fire Level demo update and could have instantly done it then; we decided against it though because we'd rather show off the Electric Level, which at this point in time is a lot more polished and has a lot more features/assets, so we just focused on getting that out.

Man, im not hating just think it's funny and no I am not a patreon but you should consider stop giving out releasedate's and go with "its done when its done" :)
We did stop giving out release dates, and then people said we were "just milking the game and never going to release anything" (despite monthly demos consistently). When we do give out release dates, we ARE completely confident we can get stuff out, but when you're working with over 20 people on a game and complications can arise sometimes for critical material for the game, it does delay stuff.

(It also doesn't help that I'm making these cutscenes way more robust and interlaced with one another than I originally planned, because I really want this to show off what the final quality of the game is going to be like due to it being the last public demo until game release.)

Anyway great game, love sidescrollers but I think it could be alittle bit harder other than that 10/10 !
Thanks for the praise :D It'll definitely be harder in the last two levels, don't worry about that, haha.

Gazael

Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for the praise :D It'll definitely be harder in the last two levels, don't worry about that, haha.
Aslong it doesn't get as difficult as some other sidescrolling hentai games (I still haven't beaten the first boss from Eroico on normal or reached the final boss of Dark Star) it should be fine to have a challenge.

Reactions: Happenstance
3.80 star(s) 83 Votes