HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I realize this is likely a troll given their username, but for anyone who might be thinking similar things, I figured I'd reply anyways to clear up any assumptions or misunderstandings.

ow man! the fact you still making 3 games at same time make me wonder why are you slowing so much to finish future fragments...
As I've noted before, I'm the writer/designer for each game; this means that I can bounce between the games fairly quickly without much of a problem. None of the games are delayed because of me, and we've been releasing content for them pretty fast.

now you started adding "bugs" to it to slow it down even more, like i said before its like you will rob 1,000,000 million dollars to make the game...
You really believe we're introducing bugs? How in the world did you come to that conclusion? Nothing that was working before is suddenly broken now; the only problem we've had is the dynamic lighting system, and we fixed that in two weeks with a basic lighting system while leaving the advanced one for people with quality computers.

That's not a bug, that's just adjusting features so that they work on most computers (besides those with really poor graphics cards). Every game does this. It's called testing/QA.

Also, not going to take 1,000,000 to create the game. That would mean we'd have to continue working on it for another 5-6 years at minimum at the current rate of income, and that won't happen, because that would be ridiculous.

and you did not finished it already (3 years)...
Yes, we did get set back by Cheshire delaying us for 7 months in 2016, but all the global mechanics are in, and we should be finished by December 2018.

A lot of games take far longer than this to be made, and with the amount of content we're delivering in the game, I don't think the time frame we're making it in is really that unbelievable;

- over 80 sex animations, all hand-animated
- over 70 songs, setup to dynamically shift between themselves
- full voice acting for every cutscene, game over scene, databank, etc.
- over 30 enemies, all with multiple attacks, animations, expressions, etc.
- 5 levels with 30+ maps each, props, parallax, the lighting system, so on
- 25 full screen game over CG sequences, with writing and 3 variations of each CG each
- over 200 databanks, with differences in Talia's reaction based on what order you read them in
- over 100 cutscenes, with differences in how they play out based on your choices and previous cutscenes you've seen
- cutscenes/databanks having changes/consequences that reach between levels
- 28 endings, based on your choices in cutscenes/previous levels and what items you've found throughout the game
- 8 easter egg endings
- 50 powerups, all with fairly strong differences between one another on how they function/change gameplay
- 6 multi-phase bosses with fairly varied gameplay (not just run and jump on their head or shooting them)
- a minimum of 3-4 gameplay mechanics per level like gravity swapping, air vents moving you around, projectile reflective walls, etc.

fools people who belive this guy the game is like megaman so there is no need for much thing to do besides level making/creating, the things you are writing (history) too you can steal from some books too its not hard to find it...
There's actually a lot I'm doing besides level creation and writing; I've also got to do the game design documents and instructions for the musician, sound effects artist, voice actors, triangulate and frouge for their jobs, continuity for the storyline, marketing, PR with all the patreon stuff, etc.

Speaking of level design and writing, if you really think level design is that easy, I invite you to try; we do have a level editor, after all :p and I'm not sure what you're talking about with "stealing things from some books" or "(history)"?

lets me add some important things; when i says you are robbing people you always says you need to pay 500 dollars to the artist 1000 for atwork 2000 for anothers thing... DID YOU NOT PAY HIM ALREADY TOO? are you saying you paid 200,000 dollar for 50x50 pixels moving? are you idiot?
Not really sure what any of this means, but okay. Everyone involved is getting paid fairly with things split evenly between our core team and the audio people getting paid above hollywood rates.

second; the demos you are releasing are just LEVELS so there is no real WORK to do beside YOUR part writing so is like you are gaining 3300 dollars to just stay in your house waiting for the artist make the cartoons... vagabond.
Huh? Not really sure what you're talking about here either, unless you think that coding in enemy AI, physics, art/animation, sound, storyline/dialogue, the cutscenes themselves, shaders, and a lot of other stuff isn't work, as well as the creation of all of those things.

I invite you to come watch one of my streams sometime to see how much work goes into even just making cutscenes;

If you were a patron and you feel your money hasn't been put to good use, I'd be happy to show the rates we've paid for music/sound/voice acting or even post them here, too, as well as just outright refund you if you'd like too.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Lots of angry words!
Fuck you buddy, don't you know anything? Like once said, good food takes time. The same rule applies to games. Just look at Chris Roberts and Star Citizen, the game which will likely change the face of gaming forever and is the best game ever made regardless of whatever you say! Hentaiwriter is an artist and a perfectionist when it comes to quality. He and his team are dedicated to making the most cutting edge fapping experience, that is also fun to play. All I see here is some bitchy liberal entitled millenial, bellyaching like people owe you something. Go choke on a piece of avocado toast and a soymilk frappuccino, you limp wrist cuck and at least have the balls to post on your main account instead of hiding behind some throwaway.

Reactions: Eoin

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Any chance for a sneak peek? I cant wait till jan! Faye is super hot(ter to me)
I'll likely do streams of me setting those cutscenes up later this month, but I agreed to not show them off just outright before adding them into the level, per Triangulate's wishes :p

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
When its dec 31st and you horny af and want to see some new anims. :p
So good news and bad news; the bad news first, which I'll quote from the Patreon post here.

So the holidays unfortunately have taken their toll on us and we're a bit behind in what we wanted to get out to you all this month.

Normally we don't like delaying demos anymore than 24 hours past the original day we intended, but we REALLY wanted to get all the Game Over sequences in as well as the elaborate sex sequences for Faye/Talia, plus some other stuff too, especially before the public demo at the end of January.

So we'll be releasing v0.26 on January 6th, and of course anyone who successfully pledged this month will be getting the demo in their Patreon inbox even if they don't pledge for January.

This will allow us time to get in;

All 5 Game Over CG sequences
All remaining databanks
The two major sex cutscenes
A few other odds and ends cutscenes
The Vie Tutorial Room
The Vie Pre-Boss Room
Some odds and ends (lights for the Security Bot if it's on/off, Ice slowly cracking to show the enemy is about to un-freeze, etc.)

Not much voice acting will be in unfortunately, but it IS being recorded right now; all that will definitely be in for the public January demo at the end of January.

We hope you understand the delay and why we want to get feedback on some really important stuff before the public demo; your support really means a lot to us.
---------------------------

The good news is that the demo will be that much better for it, basically, as will the public demo.

This and Crisis Point Extinction are games I would buy for sure if they are ever fully released.
Thanks a lot! That means a lot to us, seriously.

ShibaShiba

Jul 5, 2017
So good news and bad news; the bad news first, which I'll quote from the Patreon post here.

---------------------------

The good news is that the demo will be that much better for it, basically, as will the public demo.

Thanks a lot! That means a lot to us, seriously.

Any update on what time on the 6th the new build will be uploaded?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Being added in this update, if all goes well;
- 15 CGs aka 5 game over sequences, all with effects + text and the entire game over CG engine
- Two long animations/cutscenes
- A ton of voice acting through databanks/databank responses
- Odds and ends fixes (ice showing actual change as to when it's about to wear off on enemies, etc.)
- More sound effects, etc.
- On the backend, a lot of changes to the editor to add extra content visually and mechanically
- Possibly the tutorial map as well

We'll be putting out another demo later in the month to get feedback from people on a few more additions before we do the public demo and the earth demo, both.

Thanks for the review, btw @Ikegamo!

Ikegamo

Mar 20, 2017
Being added in this update, if all goes well;
- 15 CGs aka 5 game over sequences, all with effects + text and the entire game over CG engine
- Two long animations/cutscenes
- A ton of voice acting through databanks/databank responses
- Odds and ends fixes (ice showing actual change as to when it's about to wear off on enemies, etc.)
- More sound effects, etc.
- On the backend, a lot of changes to the editor to add extra content visually and mechanically
- Possibly the tutorial map as well

We'll be putting out another demo later in the month to get feedback from people on a few more additions before we do the public demo and the earth demo, both.

Thanks for the review, btw @Ikegamo!
Keep feeding us demos and I will keep expanding it! :biggrin:

ShibaShiba

Jul 5, 2017
What happened to the demo release? Thought it was supposed to be two days ago? Dont see a post on the Patreon :C

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
What happened to the demo release? Thought it was supposed to be two days ago? Dont see a post on the Patreon :C
Check the most recent post on the Patreon; we took longer than we thought to get the content in, but tonight is absolutely the demo release for Patrons.

ShibaShiba

Jul 5, 2017
Check the most recent post on the Patreon; we took longer than we thought to get the content in, but tonight is absolutely the demo release for Patrons.
Awesome to hear. As always, thanks for keeping up to date with us on this board since you're not obligated by any means

tor446

May 28, 2017
Ok just got it, great work but no fire world? Is that coming in the public demo perhaps?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ok just got it, great work but no fire world? Is that coming in the public demo perhaps?
Right now we're releasing demos as stand alone levels, and not stitching the levels together until the game's last level is completed.

The reason for this is because as we go along with releasing level-based demos, we're also adding in the remaining game mechanics and features (parallax scrolling, powerup set boosts, large scale maps, databank/cutscene viewers, dynamic lighting etc.)

If we had all the levels stitched together as we were adding these things, we'd need to add them to the previous levels as well as we added them, and since we're doing fine tuning of each feature once we add it in per each monthly demo based on our own internal testing plus player feedback, we would be eating up huge chunks of time adjusting the previous levels with these features also.

So, since we're waiting until all 5 levels are in fully as well as all the mechanics/features are in, that'll allow us to sweep back over the previous levels adding in the mechanics/features in one shot instead of editing everything countless times along the way, saving a lot of time and letting us get the game out faster.

So the first time the game is together as a whole will be when the game is fully complete, which we're aiming for December 2018 on (January-April = Earth Level Demos, May-August = The End Level Demos, September-December = Final Boss + adding the mentioned features/mechanics to previous levels and fleshing them out with cutscenes, etc.)

Awesome to hear. As always, thanks for keeping up to date with us on this board since you're not obligated by any means
While we're not obligated, I want to let people know because there's no harm in doing so, and I personally feel everyone deserves to have up to date information on progress so that they know we're keeping ourselves accountable :D

Also, the new build is out over at Patreon, if any of you are pledging over there!

itzbob

Nov 10, 2017
As thirsty as I am for new animations, I know that as soon as I give in to make the pledge (hey dont judge if i backed every project I jerked off to id be broke as fuck) someone will post a link. **waits**

3.80 star(s) 82 Votes