HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Fixing up maps, adding in dialogue (yes, it's not a stream that's just nonstop audio ripping anymore, there's actual things going on visually!)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
0.27v2 for electric boss map
As a note, the electric boss has been around for a while prior to this demo, and this demo has about 1/2 the content of the public demo coming out later this week.

ShibaShiba

Jul 5, 2017
Ayy someones brave enough to post, Cheers Apollyon.

Everyones been too spooked to post since HR started being active in this forum. And while we all appreciate him, we're all still pirates here. Gotta do what we gotta do

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ayy someones brave enough to post, Cheers Apollyon.

Everyones been too spooked to post since HR started being active in this forum. And while we all appreciate him, we're all still pirates here. Gotta do what we gotta do
Yeah I'm not going to DMCA pirate links for the Patreon demos as I've said before, it's a timesink and accomplishes nothing really, but the main reason I'm hoping not *every single version* gets posted here is because it gives somewhat of a skewed/false look at the game, where people misinterpret say, v0.28 as being the actual quality level of the game when it's a super bare bones, very early build of the Earth Level demo.

My hope though is that in pirating it, for some people, the game turns out to be such high quality/high content/work ethic put into it that people will end up pledging if they can financially afford it (as I don't want anyone pledging if they can't afford it) instead, as the money you're supporting us with is what allows us to create games with this level of production value visually, audibly, mechanically, and on many other levels.

I'm not doing this to get ultra-rich, I'm doing it to make good games, but unfortunately we need money to be able to pay the voice actors, musician, sound effects people, and to keep a roof over our heads. I would estimate though that around 95% of whatever money we make that isn't spent on food/bills/essentials is directly put back into the game.

Reactions: 156_163_146_167

badjie

Jun 3, 2017
@HentaiWriter

Ever thought of doing a action-sidescroller without the H-elements? And maybe push it out on steam or something to make that money and reach a wider audience.
I mean you guys clearly have the qualifications for doing this kinda stuff fulltime :)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
@HentaiWriter

Ever thought of doing a action-sidescroller without the H-elements? And maybe push it out on steam or something to make that money and reach a wider audience.
I mean you guys clearly have the qualifications for doing this kinda stuff fulltime :)
We do intend to put Future Fragments on Steam, as for SFW games, maybe in the future, but for now and for a while I want to continue doing games with adult content in them because of what kind of freedom of content that allows for us :D and we are working on this game fulltime!

ShibaShiba

Jul 5, 2017
Yeah I'm not going to DMCA pirate links for the Patreon demos as I've said before, it's a timesink and accomplishes nothing really, but the main reason I'm hoping not *every single version* gets posted here is because it gives somewhat of a skewed/false look at the game, where people misinterpret say, v0.28 as being the actual quality level of the game when it's a super bare bones, very early build of the Earth Level demo.

My hope though is that in pirating it, for some people, the game turns out to be such high quality/high content/work ethic put into it that people will end up pledging if they can financially afford it (as I don't want anyone pledging if they can't afford it) instead, as the money you're supporting us with is what allows us to create games with this level of production value visually, audibly, mechanically, and on many other levels.

I'm not doing this to get ultra-rich, I'm doing it to make good games, but unfortunately we need money to be able to pay the voice actors, musician, sound effects people, and to keep a roof over our heads. I would estimate though that around 95% of whatever money we make that isn't spent on food/bills/essentials is directly put back into the game.

I mean, that's exactly what my case is. I found the fire Demo from newgrounds after someone else linked it elsewhere, and after finding a pirated version of the Ice demo it made me excited enough to start subbing for a few months when i could afford to chip in. It's a good project, probably better than 95% of the Indie HGame scene. I mean shit, look at Monster Girl Island, that dudes H A R D riding his patreon, from the time when I first subbed to him, when the Arachnid Day came out till the end of the 'Sisters Incest Whatever', it was like two months, from then to now there has been a 'recreation of the demo' and that's it. What, a 5-6 month gap?
He's a scam, you're the real deal and you guys make kickass shit. Every Indie HGame production should use you guys are reference.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I remember being a patreon for this game for something like 8 months without any playable demos and constant promises of the next month being the month for sure. Unsubbed and got my money back but still disappointed with my whole experience with HW. The guy even has 2 other patreons for a year+ now and recently canceled one of the games.

HW is milking patreon pretty hard and anyone who says otherwise is pretty delusional.
Yes, we had an 8 month span without demos. This was with our old programmer almost two years ago, and since then we've been going monthly, sometimes multiple monthly demos without a fault.

For the other two patreons, we had to fire the artist for one which caused a lot of issues, but a full demo of reclaim reality should be out in April.

For the other game, I cancelled it specifically because I didn't want to milk people. I was tired of certain members of the team for the game taking forever to get things done with it, and I couldn't find any guaranteed reliable replacements despite searching for weeks, so I cancelled the game as to not have anyone spend anymore money on a project that wasn't going anywhere.

In return, I offered refunds, to the tune of $2000 that I refunded backers, and if anyone else reading this didn't get the emails or patreon messages I sent out, feel free to contact me and I'll still give you a refund.

Additionally, the refund thing goes for reclaim reality and future fragments, too, if you were a backer of those and felt your money wasn't well spent, contact me and I'll try to make things right.

For the new unnamed game, we have an artist that is reliable and has proven themselves reliable, and the same goes for the programmer. If people are working with me and they are taking forever to get something done, I fire and replace them as best as I'm able to prevent the game from taking forever.

On top of that, I post all Patreon updates to public places besides game demos, because I want to be as transparent and frequently updating as possible on game progress.

It's fine if you still have that opinion of me and my games, as that was a rough part of the game's history, but I'm just clarifying how things are now that we have reliable teams on each game.

burgerman69

May 29, 2017
@Gazael, you're comparing a crowd funded indie game with a triple A title. They're completely different especially when you look at how much effort is required to create a 3d open world game made on an in house engine. Future fragments is just running on modified gamemaker. Nothing is wrong with game maker but that's like saying scratch is as difficult as java when it comes to coding.

@hw, I got my money back ages ago. And I still follow progress on the game and see you're having trouble with delays across 3 different patreons. Looks like you're milking the platform for all it's got lol.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
@hw, I got my money back ages ago. And I still follow progress on the game and see you're having trouble with delays across 3 different patreons. Looks like you're milking the platform for all it's got lol.
Haven't had any trouble with delays with the new game, and Reclaim Reality is still going for an April demo.

The only reason we're having any delays at all with the public demo for FF are the reasons I already listed in the topic; if you actually still followed the games, you'd know 1) why those delays happened (and how I've done everything I can to fix them), and 2) that FF hasn't had anything more than a 24 hour delay for monthly demos in the past year, so I'm not really able to take your claims as fact.

That also said, do you think any game ever made doesn't suffer from delays in production? Especially with smaller teams, having one person have issues can be a massive time-killer, which is why I constantly offer refunds to anyone who wants them, and why I'm transparent about things in general.

I'm not really sure what your solution here is or what you think we should be doing differently; I replace people on teams if they take too long to get things done, offer refunds, update weekly, and none of our tiers you have to stay pledged to to get the reward (it's indefinite) besides monthly demos, as well as releasing public demos.

What would you consider "not milking" Patreon in light of all of that?

burgerman69

May 29, 2017
What would you consider "not milking" Patreon in light of all of that?
I would guess just having one patreon and focusing on completing that project before moving on. You can phrase it however you like but you're constantly hit by delays. Reclaim reality: tons of delays. Internal interrogation: cancelled after several months delays on a public demo. I've seen you miss countless deadlines on other adult game forums when it comes to demos and content updates lol.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I would guess just having one patreon and focusing on completing that project before moving on. You can phrase it however you like but you're constantly hit by delays. Reclaim reality: tons of delays. Internal interrogation: cancelled after several months delays on a public demo. I've seen you miss countless deadlines on other adult game forums when it comes to demos and content updates lol.
I'm still unclear as to why you think we're constantly hit by delays; FF hasn't had any delays besides the public demo in over a year, and all the delays for Reclaim Reality and Internal Interrogation were caused by other people on the project, people I replaced the first chance I got because I didn't want the games to be delayed anymore.

Just to be clear, since you claim you follow my stuff, you should know this, but you do know that each game has a separate team, right?

And that I pay for all the assets out of pocket for RR and the new game, so I'm actually losing money every month on those other projects since the other team members keep all of the money for them and I'm the only one paying for things like voice acting, music, sound effects, animations, etc. right?

Reclaim Reality has had some delays (not tons) because of the old artist, which as I've already mentioned, was fired a while back and the new artist has already completed everything for the first three areas of the game, as well as two boss battles complete, all of which has been posted publicly as well (in fact, in this very topic back on page 13).

The programming for the engine for the game is fairly complex given the gameplay and variables involved, but we've continued to post new art/music/content for the game weekly without fail, and we have posted demos for it, with a full public one coming in April.

Internal Interrogation was cancelled again solely because of programming issues; I went through four programmers who all for some reason couldn't do what was needed, so instead of continuing to "milk people", I cancelled the project and offered full refunds, which I did give out to quite a few people 100% out of my own pocket, none of the other team members had to pay a thing.

In both cases, neither of the delays was due to anything regarding me working on multiple projects at once, especially with multiple teams, and had I only focused on one project myself, that would have been actually milking people because I would have been sitting there doing absolutely nothing for months on end as my content for said demos was done long, long ago.

So again, can you please show me where I've missed a deadline of more than 24 hours for any Future Fragments demos in the past year and a half? And where these "countless delays" for the other games come from when it comes to "posting content" when we've been doing that successfully on all three Patreons without fail around 4 times a month for years now?

And can you explain to me how myself focusing on one project would somehow make the people who weren't doing their jobs on the other two games work harder or faster, or how me replacing people when they took too long to do things is worse than just continuing to let them delay things, or why more games (now that we have reliable team members) is a bad thing if no one works slower because of it?

Can you also explain to me how;
  • giving refunds
  • posting content publicly (including demos)
  • paying multiple people out of pocket so that the people who work on the game can continue to get paid fairly
  • posting content weekly
  • not DMCAing any pirate links and openly encouraging people to pirate the game if they can't afford to support us
  • working on the game 50+ hours a week on live streams
  • making all patreon rewards besides monthly demos permanent, so one pledge = get all updates to it for life
is somehow milking people?

If I were really in it for the money or milking or greed, I would;
  • never post any public demos
  • never show any content from behind the paywall
  • take a large portion of the cut from patreon
  • DMCA links
  • barely work on the game while making up lies about its progress
  • would keep team members on that weren't pulling their weight and causing delays
  • make all patreon rewards only stay if you keep pledging
  • certainly wouldn't refund people money
I mean, I'm not saying we're perfect, we have problems here and there, but nowhere near to the degree you're saying, same goes for delays, too.

G52x

Jun 28, 2017
Yeah I think burgerman is just looking for a fight,well that or he has a real high opinion of himself, personally I find it a waste of time feeding the trolls, But hey i'm just A Broke pirate so what do I know.

Reactions: MagicSlay and xןʞ

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Yeah I think burgerman is just looking for a fight,well that or he has a real high opinion of himself, personally I find it a waste of time feeding the trolls, But hey i'm just A Broke pirate so what do I know.
Your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's regardless of whether you're pirating or not.

That said, I do agree with you, and I think my time would be better spent actually doing work, so I'll be starting up tonight's stream once I've had dinner.

Some people will dislike my games, will have their opinions on me (regardless of facts), and that's just how it is; I just want to make good games and make people happy, so my hope in the end is that what we're making is going to result in that for as many people as possible.

G52x

Jun 28, 2017
Well i'm looking forward to FF, thou I honestly wish I could afford to pledge but I have enough problem just getting food,so I guess it is what it is. Anyways Even if I'm A Pirate I can atleast be a grateful one. So thanks For making A great game.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Well i'm looking forward to FF, thou I honestly wish I could afford to pledge but I have enough problem just getting food,so I guess it is what it is. Anyways Even if I'm A Pirate I can atleast be a grateful one. So thanks For making A great game.
Check your PM box, I don't want you to pledge because I want you to keep your money for you, we're doing fine enough as is :) and I hope what I sent helps even a little.

3.80 star(s) 83 Votes