ChaoticShock

Mar 13, 2018
Well i'm looking forward to FF, thou I honestly wish I could afford to pledge but I have enough problem just getting food,so I guess it is what it is. Anyways Even if I'm A Pirate I can atleast be a grateful one. So thanks For making A great game.
i know how you feel man, life is tough if you're not born into some rich lineage with a fortune in cash left behind from deceased members.
if anything i can hopefully say you shouldn't have to endure too much because being broke is the least of alot of problems, i don't intend to go into alot of details but a little sister of mine was a month back declared having cancer, and she's still just a teen, if working for the smallest money can atleast make you survive that's what you should be grateful for, but the emotional things hit you like a truck on ice.

Best of luck to you man, and i know you'll get it better, everyone deserves a chance at life sometime!

G52x

Jun 28, 2017
yeah I know what you mean, Some of my family has been having health problems especially my grand father, Hospitals arn't being to helpful either, But yeah i agree about the money thing, as long as I have a roof over my head,am not starving, or freezing in winter, i'll manage. Thanks Thou and srry about yur sister, I hope she does well.

Andycptr

Feb 17, 2018
Played the Newgrounds demo (One of the most enjoyable games on there) and the three (kindly) posted on here, greatly enjoyed them and can't wait to buy the completed thing. Will try to throw some money at the Patreon... when I figure out how to Patreon :)

ChaoticShock

Mar 13, 2018
just calm it geez, nothings burning.

EDIT: so it's soon the 16th here, so i guess the public demo was delayed yet again since i don't see it on his tumblr or any announcements yet.

*or might live in the worst possible timezone*

Mr.carrot

Jul 7, 2017
it comes out when it comes out. If you have watched The streams Even if it didn't come out today you know its coming soon.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
just calm it geez, nothings burning.

EDIT: so it's soon the 16th here, so i guess the public demo was delayed yet again since i don't see it on his tumblr or any announcements yet.

*or might live in the worst possible timezone*
We did a Patreon post about it, I'll copy/paste it here.

"So if you're in the Discord, you've probably seen us mention this, but due to all the time it took to iron out the bugs from the previous build, we were unable to get everything done by the 15th.

So instead of saying a day or two later we'll have the public build done, we're going to AIM FOR the 19th at soonest for the public demo, but we're not setting that as a hard date either because we don't want to get people's hopes up yet again.

We're working on it 12+ hours a day, I'm livestreaming myself almost every day and will be again today, but it we're going to try our best to get it done by the 19th.

Sorry again for pushing it back, but we want this to be absolutely flawless in terms of bugs and presentation given that it's the only public demo for the next year."

Since people seemed to not want us to give hard deadlines as of recent due to us wanting to make sure this demo's perfect (which by the way isn't the monthly demo, that's still coming at the end of the month, so this month there's effectively two demos for the month, both of different levels), we're putting down the 19th for what we're aiming for, but if we miss it, we'll continue on trying to get it done as soon as possible.

If you'd like to watch me work on things I'll be starting the daily livestream up at in about 1 hour after I've gotten something to eat.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hey, so we should be all good to release the demo on the 19th... to the Patrons.

We’re going to release it then and give it 24 hours before releasing it to the public, because while it’s functionally done, we’d like to give it a 24 hour “breather” period to make sure there’s nothing critical we missed while we’ve been working nonstop on it, things like that.

So for the backers, the public demo should be out mid day/night time on the 19th, and for the public, on the 20th.

neosouleater

Sep 13, 2017
I hope the demo is actually gonna be out tomorrow, cause these deadlines have been stupid lol.

Maybe in future just add a month onto whatever you think it'll be so you dont mislead people that are actually giving you money and support.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I hope the demo is actually gonna be out tomorrow, cause these deadlines have been stupid lol.

Maybe in future just add a month onto whatever you think it'll be so you dont mislead people that are actually giving you money and support.
Just to be clear, no one who's given us money or support has had any delays happen to the patreon-only content they were promised.

I think people think this public electric demo is what the monthly demo is for this month, or that we've missed a deadline for the patreon demos, and we haven't;

- We got out last month's patreon demo with only a few hours delay, and
- This month's patreon demo is still coming (it isn't the public electric demo; we're releasing two demos this month.)

On top of that, this is a public, free demo, so you'd be getting it whether you supported us or not, so I'm not really sure why you're saying things about "misleading others".

When we haven't missed any deadlines by more than 24 hours in the past year for the monthly demos, why would we add a month onto a deadline for the regular patreon demos if we've been basically on time for them for so long?

As also covered above, this demo has only been delayed so many times because we want to make absolutely sure it's perfect as we can get it for the public, as this is the last time we'll be releasing anything to them for the next year.

If you feel your money hasn't been put to good use though or you still feel misled, then feel free to contact me on Patreon and I'll give you a full refund.

ShibaShiba

Jul 5, 2017

To be fair there's never any winning with it. If you release a month, people will ask every single day for that month what day it'll be available. If anything they should just be less afraid of declaring it'll take more days to work out what they need, if they suspect 8-9, tell the public 11-12. Worst case you get to announce "Hey we finished it early!"

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
To be fair there's never any winning with it. If you release a month, people will ask every single day for that month what day it'll be available. If anything they should just be less afraid of declaring it'll take more days to work out what they need, if they suspect 8-9, tell the public 11-12. Worst case you get to announce "Hey we finished it early!"
I get that, but the problem with saying "hey, we think we'll get it out by the 11th but internally we're confident about the 8th" is that if we do pull that off, that in itself is a form of being dishonest to the public and backers, and that's why I don't like it.

I want to be as honest as possible to both the public and the people backing us; additionally, only with this public electric demo have we ever changed our dates from "at the end of the month/start of the month" for the monthly demos (last day of the month/first day of the next month), so we're not usually in the business of making predictions in the middle of the month like that.

We usually just go "hey, so at the end of the month you'll get the latest version of what we're doing" and boom, that's it, and then they get it within 24 hours of the end of the month. The only reason the public electric demo is different is because we're releasing it alongside the monthly demo, which is being worked on at the same time, and because we're releasing it mid-month instead of at the end of the month.

ShibaShiba

Jul 5, 2017
I get that, but the problem with saying "hey, we think we'll get it out by the 11th but internally we're confident about the 8th" is that if we do pull that off, that in itself is a form of being dishonest to the public and backers, and that's why I don't like it.

I want to be as honest as possible to both the public and the people backing us; additionally, only with this public electric demo have we ever changed our dates from "at the end of the month/start of the month" for the monthly demos (last day of the month/first day of the next month), so we're not usually in the business of making predictions in the middle of the month like that.

We usually just go "hey, so at the end of the month you'll get the latest version of what we're doing" and boom, that's it, and then they get it within 24 hours of the end of the month. The only reason the public electric demo is different is because we're releasing it alongside the monthly demo, which is being worked on at the same time, and because we're releasing it mid-month instead of at the end of the month.

To clarify out of curosity, was the patreon demo (the earth level) the monthly demo, or is there a later one coming at the end of march?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
To clarify out of curosity, was the patreon demo (the earth level) the monthly demo, or is there a later one coming at the end of march?
The Earth level demo was January's demo, February's demo was the updated Electric Level demo with lots of new cutscenes, voice acting etc.

This month's Patreon demo will be the second Earth level demo, making it v029. Numbering got kinda wonky in the last month or so but it'll be fine from here on out.

Doing a public demo isn't something we do often because it messes up our production flow pretty badly as we've been putting out levels partially finished so that we can move onto the next one, keeping content fresh, and then come game's end we'll make all the missing content and update all the previous levels to work with the new mechanics.

Doing public demos though requires us to have everything 100% done with no issues, which slows things down heavily which is what leads to the inconsistent deadlines.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
What are the version numbers of each of the latest x level demos? Like what's the version number of the latest fire level demo and so forth?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
What are the version numbers of each of the latest x level demos? Like what's the version number of the latest fire level demo and so forth?
The last fire demo is v012a, the last ice demo is v017a, the last electric demo is v027F which is coming out today, and the current earth demo is v028, continuing onward from that.

Reactions: 156_163_146_167

Zumb

Jul 3, 2017
Hi I wanted to know if this game might have a Android version already or in the future, thanks

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Hi I wanted to know if this game might have a Android version already or in the future, thanks
We'll try to do an Android version upon release, yeah!

As for the Patreon release, should be out in the next 2-3 hours (so right before the 19th ends, but still on the 19th!)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Obito-chwuanchan

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
v027b is up on Patreon; we'd like to ask that you don't post this build simply because in less than 24 hours the public build will be up, and v027b is about 99.9% of what the public build is (it's missing a few things, nothing major though), so we'd like to not "pollute" the collective builds going around getting pirated and stuff with a build that's only going to be about 0.01% different than the public build coming out, again in less than 24 hours.

3.80 star(s) 83 Votes