HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
#11 August 29th progress report.png

Quick favor to ask for this week; can you all go vote in the Twitter or SurveyNuts poll regarding something we're curious about with the release of Future Fragments?
(no, we're not delaying the game further)

HentaiWriter I want to experience when it comes out :)
Glad to hear it :D

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
streaming prop placement for maps on picarto right now at

TidePodz

Feb 15, 2020
I replied to your email a while back and was told my name couldn't be used (and to be honest I felt pretty stupid when I found out why lol) but I only found your response a few months later and replied again with a different name but never got another reply so I was never sure if you actually saw it. (same name here as Patreon) and thanks for answering all my questions so far, been a great help

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I replied to your email a while back and was told my name couldn't be used (and to be honest I felt pretty stupid when I found out why lol) but I only found your response a few months later and replied again with a different name but never got another reply so I was never sure if you actually saw it. (same name here as Patreon) and thanks for answering all my questions so far, been a great help
Oh no worries, I got it; I just haven't replied yet because I'm going to add in all the backer names in one shot in a month or two :) thanks for double checking though!

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Ye I remember being promised the game for backing once on patreon for 10$ and i know it's been scratched but I've seen one of your previous replies that if someone backed enough, they'd get one, so how much more would that be? HentaiWriter

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ye I remember being promised the game for backing once on patreon for 10$ and i know it's been scratched but I've seen one of your previous replies that if someone backed enough, they'd get one, so how much more would that be? HentaiWriter
Yeah, initially we wanted to do this, until Steam informed us that they could only do Steam Keys if we gave them away at sale price ($20).

Basically, if we were running a kickstarter with a fixed beginning and end, they would let us do it at a discount (early bird and such).

However, because we were running a crowdfunding campaign without a set end, aka, Patreon, they couldn't allow us to do this, so we had to raise the amount to $20 to get the game at launch (so you're basically just pre-ordering it).

We emailed everyone who had under $20 lifetime pledges on Patreon, and offered them refunds if they wanted them of course, and also to alert everyone of the change so if they did want the game at launch, on Steam or anywhere else, then they'd need to pledge the remainder to make it $20.

So yeah, if you've done $10 on Patreon, you'd need another $10 to get the game at launch. Or, I could refund you that $10 and you can just pay $20 on the platform of your choice, like Itch, Steam, Gamejolt, etc.

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah, initially we wanted to do this, until Steam informed us that they could only do Steam Keys if we gave them away at sale price ($20).

Basically, if we were running a kickstarter with a fixed beginning and end, they would let us do it at a discount (early bird and such).

However, because we were running a crowdfunding campaign without a set end, aka, Patreon, they couldn't allow us to do this, so we had to raise the amount to $20 to get the game at launch (so you're basically just pre-ordering it).

We emailed everyone who had under $20 lifetime pledges on Patreon, and offered them refunds if they wanted them of course, and also to alert everyone of the change so if they did want the game at launch, on Steam or anywhere else, then they'd need to pledge the remainder to make it $20.

So yeah, if you've done $10 on Patreon, you'd need another $10 to get the game at launch. Or, I could refund you that $10 and you can just pay $20 on the platform of your choice, like Itch, Steam, Gamejolt, etc.
Sure, I did pledge 10$, so all I gotta do is pledge another 10$, do i have to email you afterwards? or will it be automatic somewhat

Sologor

Nov 13, 2020
I wishlisted this on steam and I'd like to buy it form there but the release date has been moved to 2022, is this accurate or are there any chances to see this before Christmas?

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
I wishlisted this on steam and I'd like to buy it form there but the release date has been moved to 2022, is this accurate or are there any chances to see this before Christmas?
HentaiWriter wants to release this year but they don't want to say a date that is too early. They are playing it safe by listing a far out date so people don't get disappointed. There is a deadline of submitting to Steam by December 31st, but it is likely to be submitted before then. Although, unexpected things can happen.

This is paraphrasing from statements made awhile ago and the progress reports. HentaiWriter will probably pop in and also answer and correct me if I'm dumb. They are pretty good about answering any questions here, which is super nice of them.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I think i myself have pledged over 100$ back in 2018 or smthin....cant remember
Can't thank you enough man, that's definitely helped us out. If you're ever hurting though or something financially, let me know, I can refund you whatever you'd like.

Sure, I did pledge 10$, so all I gotta do is pledge another 10$, do i have to email you afterwards? or will it be automatic somewhat
Nope, no need to email afterwards, it'll be in the Patreon database plus my own database I keep :)

As Zeddy noted, we'll be submitting it to Steam on December 31st; after that, it's in Steam's hands.
It could take a day, a week, a month, or even longer for them to check through the game; Steam hand-checks every game submitted, and you have to give them all your art, audio, and code assets so they can check things thoroughly.

The only thing I'd want to correct from what Zeddy said is that it's highly unlikely we'll be submitting it any earlier than December 31st, simply because we need every minute of that time to make sure we can get the game done as complete as possible.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes