HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Just passing by for my check up of this thread since last time.
I bet on late june.
So see you on June to see if I was right.
Good bye.
Welp can't wait to come back in July and see "Sadly, we've got to delay Future Fragments to sometime in Fall 2022"
Could be the case for either guess, yep; not gonna promise any definitive dates!

All we can do is just continue to make progress as we always have, and when all the core content's done, it'll be out, regardless of whatever costs we gotta incur to make it so.

#40 April 17th progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #40 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

All links are for those 18+ of age and older only.

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
For the record I've seen so many game projects get abandoned mid-development and this is a far cry from that type of scenario. I'll take delays at the home stretch any day over a game that's perpetually in a state of mid-development with no signs of actual completion for years. It does suck to get excited for release week and have it be delayed, but my expectations are so fucked by all the other abandoned projects on this site that I'm still pretty hype.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
For the record I've seen so many game projects get abandoned mid-development and this is a far cry from that type of scenario. I'll take delays at the home stretch any day over a game that's perpetually in a state of mid-development with no signs of actual completion for years. It does suck to get excited for release week and have it be delayed, but my expectations are so fucked by all the other abandoned projects on this site that I'm still pretty hype.
yea it seems like anything good around here gets fucked somehow.
Alien Quest? the dev is alone and can't develop very fast by themselves
Fallen Doll? Original cancelled/abandoned, sequel turned into gatcha
Our Appartment? Slow as hell to develop, again, only one dev I think
Tentacles Thrive? Pretty damn good but the actual gameplay is god awful
Subverse? Again, shite gameplay you need to get thru to get to the stuff you play the game for
Any illusion game? fucking amazing but instead of working on their engine to provide better physics and other stuff that actually matters, they just keep copy-pasting. Honey select, Koikatsu and the other one, whatever its name was, are basicaly identical and could be merged into one game but naaaahhh because moneh

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
This game will get a release, I'm pretty confident about that.

However everything else coming after Future Fragments is still unclear.

I can't take seriously HF about him claiming that his team will work simultaneously on two different games after Future Fragments.

Considering all the problems they faced and face with FF, and the fact that past experiences with other developpers tend to show that working simultaneously on two different games rarely ends well, then I'm still dubious.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I can't take seriously HF about him claiming that his team will work simultaneously on two different games after Future Fragments.
You mean HW? :p

As far as the two games thing goes, let me clarify there.

One of the games is already mostly done; the only thing left it needs is sex CGs, a few more songs, programming, writing, and some VN style busts.

This might sound like a lot, but the gameplay and programming for this game is much, much more simpler compared to FF (and much smaller in scope too), and we already have a good deal of the engine structure for it available just based off of the existing FF engine.

Triangulate wouldn't be illustrating this one, either; it would be a different team besides Frouge, our programmer, and this game would be his secondary focus, not his main focus.

For our main game we've got planned after this, the FF sequel, it'd be a similar thing; most of the existing art, audio, and programming would be re used, with new things being sex animations, bosses, and map designs, although there's a full list over at

But it is understandable to be worried, of course; all I can say is that we'll have to see how it goes when we get FF done.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yea I don't think that's something the devs can't handle. It's one thing to be developing a game and another is to maintain said game

DragonLordOrion

Jan 7, 2020

Sadly, we've got to delay Future Fragments to sometime in Summer 2022; we talked over the weekend and it's just not going to be possible to release it by Spring 2022 if we want it to not have a lot of bugs, as well as have all of its content complete.

Mainly, the push is due to a combo of burnout and sickness; you can read more about it in the link above, and I encourage you to do so (it's only about a page of text) so you've got a better grasp on the situation at hand.

We'll continue posting updates here and on Twitter and such, and once we've got things completely finished and we're only doing bugtesting left, we'll give a more concrete release date. Again, sorry about all this.

We just don't want to release something incomplete to you all; you deserve better than that.
-----------
Finally, while it may not mean much at this point, even with all the delays and issues, the actual quality and density of content made for this game by the team is something I'm really proud of. When it comes out, I'm still confident it will have been worth the wait.

The Playstation 5 controller should be compatible with the v0.27EX Steam demo, and the full game as well.
I'm sad about the delay, I've had this on my wishlist for quite some time now. But, I do understand. I've really enjoyed this demo. And it's wonderful that you're going the extra mile to make sure this game is polished and ready. Thank you.
I've already got some money set aside for when this goes live on Steam. I can't wait to buy it!

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I'm sad about the delay, I've had this on my wishlist for quite some time now. But, I do understand. I've really enjoyed this demo. And it's wonderful that you're going the extra mile to make sure this game is polished and ready. Thank you.
I've already got some money set aside for when this goes live on Steam. I can't wait to buy it!
Thanks for sticking with us; we're gonna try our best to get it out ASAP, we don't wanna disappoint you anymore than we already have.

#41 April 24th progress report.png ``

Weekly Progress Report #41 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

Last edited:
Reactions: ThirdAnomaly

RasenRengar

Apr 3, 2018
Dang delayed again? I hope u can finish the game one day. Struggle with bugs should be so annoying for u guys, I hope u can relax a little after release the game :) Good Luck

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
wel wait dont worry
Thanks for understanding; it means a lot.

Dang delayed again? I hope u can finish the game one day. Struggle with bugs should be so annoying for u guys, I hope u can relax a little after release the game :) Good Luck
We'll definitely be finishing it this year, and yeah, it's a struggle but it's worth it to make sure you all get a good game.
Definitely no relaxing after release thouhg, we need to get onto the next game!

#42 May 2nd progress report.png

Weekly Progress Report #42 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

JasonK3

Sep 7, 2017
This Looks like a fun game to speedrun
Might give it a go when the full game is out
Just hope the controls is not to hard to get use to

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
This Looks like a fun game to speedrun
Might give it a go when the full game is out
Just hope the controls is not to hard to get use to
You can reconfigure the controls extensively in the options menu, and it takes most popular controllers as well with plug and play compatibility :)

RayAnimus

Dec 1, 2018
Ah actually I have a question, I might have forgoten, but will we receive a soft copy of the game or a key for steam?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ah actually I have a question, I might have forgoten, but will we receive a soft copy of the game or a key for steam?
When the game comes out, all the people who backed $20 or more on Patreon will get an email from e asking what site they want their key on :)

Madou

Sep 25, 2017
HentaiWriter
I hope you can take comments from people annoyed by the delay as proof of how exited they are for the release rather than discouragement. We have massive issues with time estimations at my place of work as well, do you use scrum too?

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
HentaiWriter

um...some clarification on this?
View attachment 1797544
Has the game been delayed ever since Summer 2021?
This is how patreon games work. Full release is always 'just around the corner'
I won't say it's intentional dishonesty, but people who make games on patreon tend not to have the firmest grasp of how long it will take to actually put a game out.

Sometimes it's feature-creep, sometimes it's a string of personal disasters slowing production, sometimes it's just the fact that they're making their first game and they have no idea how long this shit actually takes.

Then again, well-established 'real' game companies with multiple Big Games under their belt also make the same mistake constantly, so...

When I heard that FF was delayed again i wasn't disappointed, because I wasn't even surprised.
Of course it was going to be delayed one last time.

It will probably be out by the start of 2023. Probably.
Like... 70% odds.

I'm also including like a 3% chance of the game never coming out because the computer containing all the game-files, and all offsite backups, somehow get obliterated by freak simultaneous meteorite strikes.

Last edited:

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
Has the game been delayed ever since Summer 2021?
TLDR from this thread is yes (actually since spring 2021). They are trying not to make that same mistake anymore. As you probably know, the current eta is a vague but responsible estimate of sometime this year... probably.

The release date has been the only real "drama" for this game so I'm still very comfortable saying I'll buy it once it's available.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes