itsallgoodman09

Feb 2, 2018
Hmm, I didn't even think about that; good idea!

So for this specific use, would the auto copying overwrite the existing last copied clipboard lines, or does your tool let you keep multiple things in clipboard?

Additionally, would it still work even though we dont have text automatically playing (as in, the player has to press X to go to a new text window)?
Yes it would replace the existing last line but you can always use win+v to paste things from history. Also to answer your second question it copies the text on render immediately and new text will be replaced when you press x and new text renders and cycle repeats.

This feature is actually what tools like Textractor and my favorite one do, which i use to play Japanese games. If you include this feature it would be really helpful to community as half of the process while playing japanese game for me is getting texts from game using different methods. Sometimes textractor is enough and sometimes i have to use screen capture+ocr to get texts.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Yes it would replace the existing last line but you can always use win+v to paste things from history. Also to answer your second question it copies the text on render immediately and new text will be replaced when you press x and new text renders and cycle repeats.

This feature is actually what tools like Textractor and my favorite one do, which i use to play Japanese games. If you include this feature it would be really helpful to community as half of the process while playing japanese game for me is getting texts from game using different methods. Sometimes textractor is enough and sometimes i have to use screen capture+ocr to get texts.
Well then, I'll definitely ask our programmer to get it in there, I'm sure it's possible :) thanks for the advice!

Reactions: itsallgoodman09

Mistix

Dec 4, 2016
This is so cool. When I see a dev and the community working together towards the development of a game, you just know it's going to be absolumazing!

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
So im back after a long long time, whats the condition of the game? Is it close to releasing yet or no?
Per polls we ran on Twitter, Discord, Patreon, and other places, the people said they'd want us to stop announcing release dates before the game is done, and instead only give a new release date when the game is ready to release entirely, so that's what we're going to do.

Progress reports have now switched to bi-weekly and show a "count-up" of remaining cutscenes left to get in the game; once it hits the full number of cutscenes left to get in, we should be ready to release.

It'll definitely be out in 2023, aiming for sometime early in the year, but beyond that we don't want to give any specifics per the above reason. I'd say we're somewhere between 95-98% complete, depending on your definition of "completeness".

This is so cool. When I see a dev and the community working together towards the development of a game, you just know it's going to be absolumazing!
There's actually been a lot of community requests for features/content that we've put in there on just a surface level, but there's also been a lot of direct things as well like;

- almost all the NPCs in the game are backer characters, with their "storyline base" or "character base" coming from the request of that specific backer, then we tie them into the overall storyline
- multiple sex animations were direct requests from backers back when we had those as tiers, including the Laser Celodst unclothed and clothed sex scenes, the gangbang in The End, and both sex animations for the Earth Grunt too
- some other devs have contributed to the game with suggestions too; Orexius (of Crisis Point: Extinction) suggested early on about an "an underground network of sex videos that would corrupt the Celodst, causing them to become obsessed with the videos", which then got extrapolated into a lot of side plotlines as a result
- finally, QA testers have of course contributed lots in terms of gameplay things; some in particular like Jason Bill have found unorthodox ways for us to use our level/cutscene editor for more variety in cutscenes

And that's just a tiny, tiny amount of examples.

So really, a lot of players helped out lots on the game, and we couldn't be more appreciative of it.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Well, I got my christmas gift; sleeping for more than 4 hours for the first time in what feels like forever.

So now I feel pretty awake, so it's time to stream cutscene injection for hours on end!

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Still streaming over at

EDIT: still streaming, took a nap or two but yeah

Screenshot_238.png

Last edited:
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

RayAnimus

Dec 1, 2018
Per polls we ran on Twitter, Discord, Patreon, and other places, the people said they'd want us to stop announcing release dates before the game is done, and instead only give a new release date when the game is ready to release entirely, so that's what we're going to do.

Progress reports have now switched to bi-weekly and show a "count-up" of remaining cutscenes left to get in the game; once it hits the full number of cutscenes left to get in, we should be ready to release.

It'll definitely be out in 2023, aiming for sometime early in the year, but beyond that we don't want to give any specifics per the above reason. I'd say we're somewhere between 95-98% complete, depending on your definition of "completeness".
Awesome thanks for the update, cant wait for the release, its been a long time coming

Reactions: Nosian

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
#71 December 30th progress report.png

-----------------

Bi-Weekly Progress Report #71 for Future Fragments

DISCORD
-
STEAM -
TWITTER -
FREE DEMO -
MORE PLACES -

All links are for those 18+ of age and older only.

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
This game has worked very well in terms of story, gameplay, and characterization, but I had a question:
How many sex scenes has this game so far? I don't mean pixelated animations, I mean quality renderings

Umberfoot

Dec 5, 2017
This game has worked very well in terms of story, gameplay, and characterization, but I had a question:
How many sex scenes has this game so far? I don't mean pixelated animations, I mean quality renderings
The majority of the game's sex scenes are going to be in the pixel style, but I made a list of all the content here - with the caveat that some of it is guesses/hypothetical, and HW hasn't confirmed or denied whether it's accurate.

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
The majority of the game's sex scenes are going to be in the pixel style, but I made a list of all the content here - with the caveat that some of it is guesses/hypothetical, and HW hasn't confirmed or denied whether it's accurate.
I went to the link you gave me
The number of items with CG written in front of them is 5
Does that mean that apart from the pixel animations, we only have 5 high-quality sexy renderings?

• Sad
Reactions: MortimerScharf

Umberfoot

Dec 5, 2017
I went to the link you gave me
The number of items with CG written in front of them is 5
Does that mean that apart from the pixel animations, we only have 5 high-quality sexy renderings?
It's definitely not quite that bad:

-Each of the generic enemies get their own set of scenes with Talia, including a CG scene with variants. That's four enemies on each of the first four levels, and one on the fifth level.
-All five bosses also get both sprite sex scenes and CGs.
-And at least two additional scenes will also get CGs.

That's just what we know about for certain. A couple of the other already-existing scenes may yet get CGs added, though this is still an unknown, and the four end-of-level POV scenes are supposed to be in a third style somewhere in-between the sprite and CG styles, though we haven't actually seen any full images in this style yet.

Overall, though, while they're definitely in the minority compared to the sprite stuff, we are looking at a minimum of 24 CG scenes.

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
It's definitely not quite that bad:

-Each of the generic enemies get their own set of scenes with Talia, including a CG scene with variants. That's four enemies on each of the first four levels, and one on the fifth level.
-All five bosses also get both sprite sex scenes and CGs.
-And at least two additional scenes will also get CGs.

That's just what we know about for certain. A couple of the other already-existing scenes may yet get CGs added, though this is still an unknown, and the four end-of-level POV scenes are supposed to be in a third style somewhere in-between the sprite and CG styles, though we haven't actually seen any full images in this style yet.

Overall, though, while they're definitely in the minority compared to the sprite stuff, we are looking at a minimum of 24 CG scenes.
24 numbers of CG is not a small number, it is great
I thought we only have 5 CG, because I searched on Google, without letting it be a spoiler, I guess it was under 5 CG.
That survey also showed that people want this game to be sex-oriented
Of course, I say again that the story and character creation and giving depth to the character, text, events, logicality, etc. are as important as sexual tension.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
24 numbers of CG is not a small number, it is great
I thought we only have 5 CG, because I searched on Google, without letting it be a spoiler, I guess it was under 5 CG.
Yeah, for the full game, there'll be 24 sex CGs, each with 2-3 variants.
There'll also be CGs of other kinds, to be clear (endings, opening cinematics, etc.)

That survey also showed that people want this game to be sex-oriented
Of course, I say again that the story and character creation and giving depth to the character, text, events, logicality, etc. are as important as sexual tension.
Yeah, there is a lot of sex content in this game, but overall, it's probably 2-3% of the game's content total, with the rest of the content being totally fine for SFW stuff and a big gameplay/story focus.

Sex-wise, a large focus is on the sprite scenes over CGs, per the game's aesthetic/gameplay style, of course.

badjie

Jun 3, 2017
Been following this game for a long while, looks great and can't wait!
Just curious on how much money in total has this cost to this date right now? Like how much money have people supported you guys with in total.(I know its not finished) And when did you guys start working on it?

Best of luck with the release!

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Been following this game for a long while, looks great and can't wait!
Just curious on how much money in total has this cost to this date right now? Like how much money have people supported you guys with in total.(I know its not finished) And when did you guys start working on it?

Best of luck with the release!
It's been just over 8 years, since January 2015; i'd estimate (since Patreon doesn't give full numbers) it's somewhere around $890,000 or so, with probably $150,000 of that going to audiowork.

So broken down into 3 people, that's about $246k per person over 8 years, or $30k a year average.

Couldn't have made the game without that support, so we're grateful as hell for it, and it's what's allowed us to work full time on the game all these years.

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes