Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
Triangulate actually was someone I asked to join up with me for a game at the start of 2014, saw his work originally posted on ULMF, but he wasn't up for doing games then; come very late 2014 though, he was interested in teaming up with me, and so that's how Future Fragments got started, and a month later in Jan. 2015 we started the Patreon up.

Frouge was actually a complete miracle chance; after we had to replace our previous programmer due to various issues, I had searched practically everywhere for a new programmer able to take on a game this complex and I finally just tried 4chan, at which point Frouge sent me an email on an email account that was, to say the least, as trolly sounding as it gets.

I still wanted to let him take a shot at it though, so I told him to go ahead; 2 days later, he'd gotten the engine's performance from 60-ish FPS to 500 FPS plus, fixed practically all the bugs, added in a few extra systems I'd mentioned in passing, you get the idea, so he was definitely on board the moment I saw all that.

For our SFX guy (Lewd K.), I found him on the EroDev Discord that I made/manage, and for our musician, Fuyarinpa, he was originally someone who applied to be the musician for Reclaim Reality, but he quickly became my de facto music guy for all my games. Almost all the voice actors were found on EroDev also, etc.

In all cases, none of the aforementioned people were doing NSFW work prior to working with me except for Triangulate, who had done a few hentai animations (which is how I found out about him), and a few of the voice actors.

--------------------------------------

Also, here's Talia's character sheet; we encourage fanart of the characters!

Well, needless to say, this team that you've got is pretty damn good, and Talia looks fucking amazing :)

Also, THATS what that "triangulate" joke in the game means, now I get it hehe. I couldnt quite understand why Talia laughed at that, now I do.

As for 4chan, dont believe everything you hear. There are actually some pretty brilliant and skilled people there. Its just that people on 4chan typically like to laugh at people, so they're labeled trolls, autistic, etc.
Its not fundamentally different than any other social website, however (the people).

I'd like to see more character sheets like these! Faye? Vie?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Well, needless to say, this team that you've got is pretty damn good, and Talia looks fucking amazing :)

Also, THATS what that "triangulate" joke in the game means, now I get it hehe. I couldnt quite understand why Talia laughed at that, now I do.
Yeah, they're amazing :D And yeah, that's where the joke's from (his full username's TriangulatePixels, like Frouge's is FrougeDev, but shorthand and all)

As for 4chan, dont believe everything you hear. There are actually some pretty brilliant and skilled people there. Its just that people on 4chan typically like to laugh at people, so they're labeled trolls, autistic, etc.
Its not fundamentally different than any other social website, however (the people).
Of course, it was just more surprise that Frouge just came out of nowhere seemingly of all places with this skill level on 4chan and not some like, professional programming website hiring list, haha.

I'd like to see more character sheets like these! Faye? Vie?
I've posted all three to Patreon already, and I'll be posting the remaining two on the next two weekends :D

Reactions: Morpheas

randombbl

Aug 30, 2017
Thanks a ton for answering in such detail!
Quick question, You've said that future demos will be patreon only, Will you be posting on here when those are ready as well? (I mean for complete levels, for example the current one is a WIP of the Earth level.) I would like to support you on patreon but can't afford to keep it constantly active.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Thanks a ton for answering in such detail!
Quick question, You've said that future demos will be patreon only, Will you be posting on here when those are ready as well? (I mean for complete levels, for example the current one is a WIP of the Earth level.) I would like to support you on patreon but can't afford to keep it constantly active.
Yeah, I'll be posting when we move to a new level and such of course :)

Cylon

Mar 26, 2018
Great game! I find a lot of H games are pretty slapdash, but the quality of this is really amazing. Love the pixel animation and voice-work (when Talia screams "OH FUCK!" during the orgasm animations I'm done...). Looking forward to seeing what's next. Keep it up HW!

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Great game! I find a lot of H games are pretty slapdash, but the quality of this is really amazing. Love the pixel animation and voice-work (when Talia screams "OH FUCK!" during the orgasm animations I'm done...). Looking forward to seeing what's next. Keep it up HW!
Will do!

Any way to play fullscreen?
Yep, just go into the options by pressing ESC and set it to full screen there :D

Reactions: zazzaro

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
i call BS on that jump claim. i tried for almost an hour and it NEVER worked. i dont know why you made it like that but good lord man thats a failure on your part. that is literally the only place left for me to go and because of you making it near impossible i cant beat it. for the love of god patch that shit.
While a decent amount of people have gotten stuck here, to be honest, we feel that most of the difficulty is just in not understanding how to do it; here's a picture diagram which will hopefully help.

Since most people don't really have an issue with it though, we'll likely leave it as-is functionally, but just give more of a hint on what to do here in the full game.

Additionally, you can just stand on the platforms to the left and jump to the right while firing, if the above method doesn't work.

Are you able to press multiple buttons at once, also? If your keyboard is blocking out more than two button presses at once, that could make it difficult, so if you're unable to do that we recommend you change the controls using the ESC menu (as being unable to move, shoot, and jump at the same time would make a lot of the sections in the level difficult anyways).

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
i call BS on that jump claim. i tried for almost an hour and it NEVER worked. i dont know why you made it like that but good lord man thats a failure on your part. that is literally the only place left for me to go and because of you making it near impossible i cant beat it. for the love of god patch that shit.
No dude, this is actually a failure on your part.
What you need to do is clear. The execution, is what you're having issues with. And if the execution is damn near impossible to pull off, then how is it that so many people have accomplished it already?

Are we all some kinds of geniuses? Damn, I never knew I'm one of the most skilled players in the world, lol.

Did you ask yourself how is it that so many people have accomplished this before posting?

In any case, HentaiWriter was kind enough to provide pics on how this is done exactly, but if you still cant do it, there's something else that can help:
Use the power-up that slows down your shots. I dont remember the actual name, but its not hard to find. This power-up makes your shots travel slower, but makes them more powerful.
This means that even if you shoot earlier than you're supposed to, you'll still be able to make it, because your shot needs more time to get there.

Really, all that is needed to accomplish this, is to simply do a jump that will have a trajectory that leads somewhere under the platform you're trying to get to, and the rest is just timing on when you shoot.

So by using slow-moving shots with that power-up, your timing doesnt have to be so good.

I hope this helps, and I hope you stop attacking the developers because you cant do something in the game.
This is unfair, especially since the attack is just undeserved.

meta1

Jul 11, 2017
Yep, I just shot as I jumped off the platform to the left and it carried me under the ledge as the grav switch was hit.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Yeah, folks like that are why Portal 2 had 'place portal here' paint on so many puzzles. In QA if someone couldn't get it in under 10 seconds, Value had the answer painted on heh.

Very nice and polished game BTW. Usually I'm not much of a platformer, but as this is (so far) more puzzle than combat I can actually do it lol. I was hoping that there would be more repercussions for your choices though. As I left the girl in the machine but she still saved me from getting stuck in the wall...where's the payback? (heh).

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I hope you stop attacking the developers because you cant do something in the game. This is unfair, especially since the attack is just undeserved.
While we do appreciate you defending us, don't worry or stress or anything about posts like that; I don't personally see it as an attack, they're just venting frustration which is totally normal, and that's our job to try and strike a balance between easing frustration of players and keeping our own vision and scale of difficulty/challenge intact.

So yeah, we'll likely add some sort of extra hint there, something more subtle than
Yeah, folks like that are why Portal 2 had 'place portal here' paint on so many puzzles.
But not as subtle as the current hint, which is uh, nothing, which is our bad.

Very nice and polished game BTW. Usually I'm not much of a platformer, but as this is (so far) more puzzle than combat I can actually do it lol. I was hoping that there would be more repercussions for your choices though. As I left the girl in the machine but she still saved me from getting stuck in the wall...where's the payback? (heh).
This level in particular is probably the most "puzzle" level in the game; the Ice and "The End" levels are semi-puzzle, with the Fire and Earth levels being primarily action by far.

For the repercussions, a lot of the choices will be game-spanning; for example, you might kill an enemy in the first level, only to have his brother berate you in the third level, but because you pissed off his brother in the third level, that pleases a character in the fourth level to know he got screwed over due to your actions in the first level, things like that.

That said, you might have missed it in the text, but if you picked to save Faye in the sex machine, she does get out of it, it's just off-screen as the machine needs a few minutes to cool down. So that's why she saves you after :p

I just love that artstyle, such sexy faces! Is that triangulate's style?
Yep, that's Triangulate's art; he does 100% of the art in the game, from those character sheets, to game over CGs, to the backgrounds and sprites and GUI and all of it! :D

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
While we do appreciate you defending us, don't worry or stress or anything about posts like that; I don't personally see it as an attack, they're just venting frustration which is totally normal, and that's our job to try and strike a balance between easing frustration of players and keeping our own vision and scale of difficulty/challenge intact.
This actually wasnt me defending you, this was me being frustrated at someone who finds something in the game difficult, and decides that its not him who cant accomplish it, it must be the developers' fault.

Btw, there are areas that are far more difficult than that one. That area just has 1 trick jump thats fairly simple.

What about the jump that you have to shoot switches on your way down TWICE over narrow paths leaving almost no room for error?
How's this guy gonna pull that off if he couldnt hit 1 switch while jumping?

Overall, the game was really fun, and every challenge I got in the game, was very enjoyable. A game that offers the player no challenge and its just "shoot enemies, collect some stuff, and win" isnt a game thats worth playing.

If anything, the game could be even more challenging, not less (IMO).

I just dont want to see the game becoming too easy and holding your hand the entire time, thats all.

meta1

Jul 11, 2017
My personal favorite is where you have to freeze the cannon shots, and switch to the flame charge. I think that's the area where the easter egg unlock for all upgrades is? BTW, is that gonna be another happy fun times scene when the game is complete?

Rustle

Jan 19, 2018
Talking about challenges, the most challenge I got was that room where you had to freeze a bunch of spider bots just to get to a spot with just a dialogue with a robot. I almost went batshit crazy cuz I have horrible timing and positioning skills but was happy nontheless when I got up there although there weren't any... "real" rewards. But it was hella fun.

Morpheas

Oct 28, 2017
BTW, is that gonna be another happy fun times scene when the game is complete?
If by that, you mean a kind of sex scene, then yes, there is one: the boss has to follow certain....protocols.

I dont want to spoil anything, but that one is repeatable.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
That said, you might have missed it in the text, but if you picked to save Faye in the sex machine, she does get out of it, it's just off-screen as the machine needs a few minutes to cool down. So that's why she saves you after :p...
Yeah I got that... was thinking more of leaving you in there for a while longer, or doing something to you for payback for leaving her for a little longer. :evilsmile:. Not the fact she was out to be able to save you. That could be a recurring theme if you keep saving each other.

For the difficulty, might pay to find out if it was a working out the puzzle issue, or just finger skills (timing) issue. As hints will only fix one. And I was thinking along the same lines as Morpheus. Difficulty is always a fine line, you also don't want to make it too easy and we've gotten lots of hugely simplifed games from big names who thrust help down your throat if you want it or not.
So posts are to make it known there's a counterpoint to "it's too hard' in the fanbase. Good Luck heh.

Reactions: Morpheas

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Yeah I got that... was thinking more of leaving you in there for a while longer, or doing something to you for payback for leaving her for a little longer. :evilsmile:. Not the fact she was out to be able to save you. That could be a recurring theme if you keep saving each other.
Oh, there'll be cases like that throughout the game, just not in this one :p

For the difficulty, might pay to find out if it was a working out the puzzle issue, or just finger skills (timing) issue. As hints will only fix one. And I was thinking along the same lines as Morpheus. Difficulty is always a fine line, you also don't want to make it too easy and we've gotten lots of hugely simplifed games from big names who thrust help down your throat if you want it or not.
So posts are to make it known there's a counterpoint to "it's too hard' in the fanbase. Good Luck heh.
The game will definitely be challenging; ideally, every level will have 2 or 3 "challenge maps" that will be difficult to go through, but will be entirely optional. The overall level of difficulty though is something we're always going to be balancing through development, and we want the skill involved to be something that takes thinking and such rather than punishing people for not having godlike reaction time or something similar.

LustiestBeast

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2017
If by that, you mean a kind of sex scene, then yes, there is one: the boss has to follow certain....protocols.

I dont want to spoil anything, but that one is repeatable.
After playing through that scene, I'm really not sure if I liked it or not, because...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Know what I mean?

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes