HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
On the extreme off chance of people not buying the voice pack, how would she have been paid? I assume a percentage, correct? It's neat you have a TR for just her and it's 100%. So I'd assume (yet again) it was agreed upon.
When she agreed to the idea, people were already buying the voice pack (right now she gets around $1,300 a month from it since she gets 100% of it), but yeah I go to extremes making sure people working with me are completely in the know about what their jobs would be, how much they'd get paid, the content of the game, etc.

If they turned down the voice pack thing, we'd just go back to how I was paying them before, $2-4 per line, which is what I pay all the voice actors as a flat rate etc.

The advantage of this though is that we're effectively paying in advance, since rach level costs us roughly $3,000-5,000 in voice acting from her alone at those rates (since she does probably 40% of the voicework for the game given she's voicing Vie and Talia and some databank characters), which would be a huge hit to pay all at once, but if we pay her monthly like that, then when it comes time to do a load of lines she's already paid up.

In the event the game gets completed and we still owe her money, we'll just pay her out of game sales for the remaining lines, etc.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
If they turned down the voice pack thing, we'd just go back to how I was paying them before, $2-4 per line, which is what I pay all the voice actors as a flat rate etc.
I never realized a voice actor/actress would get paid that much per line. But I suppose it does make sense.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I never realized a voice actor/actress would get paid that much per line. But I suppose it does make sense.
They don't, usually; a voice actor in Hollywood, according to the sheets I've seen, get paid around $1 a line, but the reason I'm paying so much more is because;

1) studios can only afford that $1 because they're usually paying union actors, which means the actor only gets $1, but the agent, legal people, payroll people etc. all get money too, which increases the money companies actually pay per line to be $2 or so; since there's no middleman, I'd rather pass those "extra savings" onto the actor.

2) that above rate is also for SFW stuff; given that in most cases NSFW work isn't something they can put on their resume (out of the 16 VAs in the demo, only a few are going by their "main professional names" and not aliases just for NSFW work), we want to pay more to compensate for that, hence some longer lines going up to $3 or $4 and such too.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I hope she can... Meet the enemies also.
We'll have at least 2-3 animations for her from the Earth Level onwards :)

Love it! Also, yeah, a version (maybe a prequel/sequel) playing as Vie would be really fun.
We'll have a sequel/B-side of the story with Faye, but there's none planned for Vie, unfortunately; she's just too strong, and so she'd be able to evade capture by all enemies.

It'd be like playing a game with the ability to walk through any wall and be permanently invulnerable; it wouldn't really make for much of a challenge :p

randombbl

Aug 30, 2017
Right, I was thinking prequel as in before she became that power level, but lets take it one game at a time :p

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
OOOOO MAN LETS HOPE THATS THE FIRST LEVEL >:U
The earth level is the second to last level :p

There's five levels, and Vie doesn't even fully show up in the game until level 3, in the previous two levels she has a lot less of an impact.

Right, I was thinking prequel as in before she became that power level, but lets take it one game at a time :p
Ah, okay, I mean that's not impossible, but given what happens in this game, we probably still wouldn't just to avoid more complications with the connected universe of all the games I'm making/have made haha.

Monochrome

Aug 13, 2017
Hello again!

I was trying out another game called Forest of The Blue Skin - reminded me of this game so I thought I'd pass by and say some words. Old-school platforming aesthetic going on with some interesting challenges. Idk if you've heard of it but I figure it might interest you!

Anyways,

I just wanted to say I hope you're having good progress right now, and if it's possible (pretty please?) to give us an estimate on how things are going right now? + How do you think you're going to approach the side B Faye route?

Thank you for all your hard work, I hope you know it doesn't go unappreciated dude.

elixxon

Sep 4, 2017
So... are we not going to see the milking facility? All the talk about it and the databank about female grunts made me really curious. ;P

I also wonder what are those animations with Vie gonna be like. Is Talia gonna get some much deserved love and even milk from her? XD

randombbl

Aug 30, 2017
Ah, okay, I mean that's not impossible, but given what happens in this game, we probably still wouldn't just to avoid more complications with the connected universe of all the games I'm making/have made haha.
Connected universe? I must've missed this. More information pretty please.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Idk if you've heard of it but I figure it might interest you!
I have, one of the people on my server is actually working on a translation for it :p I haven't gotten to play it yet though, I don't get to play many games nowadays, haha.

I just wanted to say I hope you're having good progress right now, and if it's possible (pretty please?) to give us an estimate on how things are going right now? + How do you think you're going to approach the side B Faye route?

Thank you for all your hard work, I hope you know it doesn't go unappreciated dude.
Things are going pretty fine as usual, nothing really bad to report, so yeah, everything's good!

If Talia's game is a cross between Contra Hard Corps, Megaman X, and Blackthorne (among others), then Faye's game will be a cross between Metal Gear Rising and Super Metroid; much more action-based and faster gameplay, less story-based.

And thanks, that means a lot :D

So... are we not going to see the milking facility? All the talk about it and the databank about female grunts made me really curious. :heartcoveredeyes:

I also wonder what are those animations with Vie gonna be like. Is Talia gonna get some much deserved love and even milk from her? XD
Unfortunately not, as it's at a facility entirely separate from the one you're in; sorry!
For Vie's stuff, she's not going to hook up with any of the cast you've seen so far, as she's still very devoted to Seeber (her husband), so no Talia action with her (sorry again!)

Connected universe? I must've missed this. More information pretty please.
All the games I'm working on/have made are in the same universe, just in different time periods, on a true single-timeline theory setup; meaning, there's no alternate universes or alternate realities (canonically), there's just the one the games take place in.

So the effects of one game can (and does) affect another, and while you don't need to have played all the games I'm making/have made to get a grasp on things, there are some plot elements of one game that will pop up in others (and they will be explained in those other games, so again, you don't have to have played any of my games to understand the plot of any given game).

Timeline-wise, right now we're looking at something like this, from the "oldest" game chronologically in the timeline to the "newest" chronologically;

Future Fragments (1000 AD) > Magic Matchup (1900's) > Eroding Ego (2050 AD) > Magic Matchup (2150 AD) > Reclaim Reality (2200 AD) > Artificial Apocalypse (2500 AD) > Future Fragments (3000 AD)

There's about another 10-15 games I have planned, but they're just game concepts at this point, they fit into the timeline, though.
Magic Matchup is completed, and as to why it's on the timeline twice, you'll get it if you play it. For Future Fragments, the story takes place in both those time periods, so that's why it's on there twice.

Artificial Apocalypse is pretty planned out, but it's currently on hiatus until we complete Reclaim Reality.

All of these games though affect the games ahead of it in different ways, some subtle, others not so subtle.

elixxon

Sep 4, 2017
I was hoping Talia's "appeal" would have been some leeway during the inevitable arguing about what to do with the SUPER WEAPON. Oh well. ;)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
The biggest miss of this game. The artist apparently refuses to do any yuri/futa.
So to clarify, he's fine doing both, he just doesn't want to force them in the game where it wouldn't make sense.

That's why we're only going to have one yuri scene, and how it'll work in the plot makes sense, versus characters that would normally never be into each other at all suddenly going for each other.

As for futa, it's not in here for the same reason as above; why would a society in the future that only clones people and hates sex have any futas?

There are games where I'll have that stuff in there because it makes sense to the plot (reclaim reality with yuri, and another game in the future with futa) but yeah, that's why we have that stance on it; if it doesn't work with the personality of the characters or the world of the game, we don't want to shoehorn it in just to have it in.

3.80 star(s) 83 Votes