MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
Ok but if i play 0.27f first i will miss pieces of the story since i didn't play the previous versions/levels right ?
That's kinda true but the story in older versions (say the fire one)... It doesn't have the narration if does now. The story then was "loose" if you will.

Reactions: jowishg

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ok but if i play 0.27f first i will miss pieces of the story since i didn't play the previous versions/levels right ?
You won't miss any of the story because the Fire and Ice levels only have story through databanks, all of which will be getting reworked for the final version; the Electric Level demo covers a good summarization of the plot thus far if you play through the tutorial and watch the opening cinematic :D

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
You won't miss any of the story because the Fire and Ice levels only have story through databanks, all of which will be getting reworked for the final version; the Electric Level demo covers a good summarization of the plot thus far if you play through the tutorial and watch the opening cinematic :D
Ooooh ok i'll play the 0.27f version then, thanks :smileskisses:

Darkestjuni

Jan 18, 2018
In 0.27 ... how the hell am I supposed to get in the under construction area for the second fragment? I tried dashing before the gravity gate closes, but I doubt that's the solution...

I don't find answers online as well, does somebody know...?

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
In 0.27 ... how the hell am I supposed to get in the under construction area for the second fragment? I tried dashing before the gravity gate closes, but I doubt that's the solution...

I don't find answers online as well, does somebody know...?
You do know what "under construction" means right? I'm fairly certain you can't get it yet. Though I never messed with the fragments except for ones I accidentally ran into so I could very well be wrong.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
You do know what "under construction" means right? I'm fairly certain you can't get it yet. Though I never messed with the fragments except for ones I accidentally ran into so I could very well be wrong.
That area is intended to be gotten in, and you can get both the Fragments in the demo :p

To answer your question, @Darkestjuni, you need to use your freeze shot (C key after selecting ice elemental with A/S keys) to freeze the projectiles on the left and use them as platforms to go up.

Darkestjuni

Jan 18, 2018
That area is intended to be gotten in, and you can get both the Fragments in the demo :p

To answer your question, @Darkestjuni, you need to use your freeze shot (C key after selecting ice elemental with A/S keys) to freeze the projectiles on the left and use them as platforms to go up.
Thank you very much for actually replying in a helpful way unlike others :)

Good to know that freezing projectiles is possible, I was completely unaware of that, maybe I missed the hint for it :)

Anyway: Interesting game, maybe some fine tuning on dialogues and characters if you ask me, but keep up the good work!

Have a nice day.

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017

Ah, well then I apologies. I never bothered to look for them since it doesn't really force me to. They are a secondary plot/quest for me.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ah, well then I apologies. I never bothered to look for them since it doesn't really force me to. They are a secondary plot/quest for me.
No worries, that's understandable :p

Thank you very much for actually replying in a helpful way unlike others :)

Good to know that freezing projectiles is possible, I was completely unaware of that, maybe I missed the hint for it :)
Yeah, the opening tutorials go over it some but in the full game it'll be more obvious it exists as there'll be an actual area you'll have to use it before entering the level (like a practice area after each level where you can use your new powers you just got etc.)

Anyway: Interesting game, maybe some fine tuning on dialogues and characters if you ask me, but keep up the good work!
Have a nice day.
Thanks a lot; what dialogues or characters did you feel needed fine tuning though and what about them needed fine tuning? We always appreciate feedback :D

Darkestjuni

Jan 18, 2018
No worries, that's understandable :p

Yeah, the opening tutorials go over it some but in the full game it'll be more obvious it exists as there'll be an actual area you'll have to use it before entering the level (like a practice area after each level where you can use your new powers you just got etc.)

Thanks a lot; what dialogues or characters did you feel needed fine tuning though and what about them needed fine tuning? We always appreciate feedback :D

I think the text is at some points too heavy for the user or could at least use some more visual stuff to focus on, like artwork or some other kind of support.
Some optional background story for talia would be interesting too.

:D

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I think the text is at some points too heavy for the user or could at least use some more visual stuff to focus on, like artwork or some other kind of support.
Some optional background story for talia would be interesting too.

:D
Oh, that stuff's all planned;
- The text being too heavy is going to be controlled by allowing the player to do cutscenes whenever they want by pressing Up on NPCs, no longer will cutscenes (besides a few rare ones) automatically play, so the player can control how much text they interact with
- Databanks and every other event (CGs, etc.) will be re-playable in the ESC menu, so people can "collect" the databanks and re-read/listen to them at their own convenience, as well as seeing them ordered chronologically within the game's timeline etc.
- The tutorial in the Electric Level won't be there in the full game; instead, you'll learn how to use new abilities and gameplay mechanics with small levels in between the main levels which will also serve as a small introduction to the next level and a recap of the level you just beat, but with very little "telling" and much more "showing"
- For Talia's background, the game is more focused on her mission than her, so there won't be a ton of that, but there will be bits and pieces here and there; there's actually a good deal of it in the Electric Level demo woven in between cutscenes :p

Reactions: Darkestjuni

Darkestjuni

Jan 18, 2018
Oh, that stuff's all planned;
- The text being too heavy is going to be controlled by allowing the player to do cutscenes whenever they want by pressing Up on NPCs, no longer will cutscenes (besides a few rare ones) automatically play, so the player can control how much text they interact with
- Databanks and every other event (CGs, etc.) will be re-playable in the ESC menu, so people can "collect" the databanks and re-read/listen to them at their own convenience, as well as seeing them ordered chronologically within the game's timeline etc.
- The tutorial in the Electric Level won't be there in the full game; instead, you'll learn how to use new abilities and gameplay mechanics with small levels in between the main levels which will also serve as a small introduction to the next level and a recap of the level you just beat, but with very little "telling" and much more "showing"
- For Talia's background, the game is more focused on her mission than her, so there won't be a ton of that, but there will be bits and pieces here and there; there's actually a good deal of it in the Electric Level demo woven in between cutscenes :p
Sounds great :D

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Do i have to kill all the monsters to get to next floor?
Not sure what you mean by "next floor"; if you mean the next level, every demo is a standalone level, so the previous/future levels aren't included in said demo.

You do have to kill all the enemies at the end of a path though in the Electric Level to activate the Milk Chambers and such so you can get to the boss of the level (the Mainframe), etc.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
So I depleted the earth boss's HP and now it wont progress.
We don't have it in yet for it to progress after you've depleted it because there's nothing left past it, so it just stays as is; we didn't want to put in a placeholder death thing or anything like that as we'd be removing it a build or so later, etc. :p

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
We don't have it in yet for it to progress after you've depleted it because there's nothing left past it, so it just stays as is; we didn't want to put in a placeholder death thing or anything like that as we'd be removing it a build or so later, etc. :p
I haven't played it in a while but that's one of those thing you might want people to know before they fight it (if you haven't already.)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I haven't played it in a while but that's one of those thing you might want people to know before they fight it (if you haven't already.)
We do tell people that, on the Patreon posts and on the backer discord. :p There's no way for us to get it out to everyone who pirates the builds and to add it in somehow would be a bit jarring when it's listed in those areas already etc. so while we don't hate pirates or anything like that (as we just want people to enjoy the game), yeah, there's no way to really accommodate for all the places someone could download it to inform them of every thing about the build.

That said, yeah, in the next build we'll have something for it just vanishing or whatever else since we won't have a full animation for it being blown up (higher priority goes to the new event happening in this month's demo + all the new maps and animations and such)

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 83 Votes