MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
We do tell people that, on the Patreon posts and on the backer discord. :p There's no way for us to get it out to everyone who pirates the builds and to add it in somehow would be a bit jarring when it's listed in those areas already etc. so while we don't hate pirates or anything like that (as we just want people to enjoy the game), yeah, there's no way to really accommodate for all the places someone could download it to inform them of every thing about the build.

That said, yeah, in the next build we'll have something for it just vanishing or whatever else since we won't have a full animation for it being blown up (higher priority goes to the new event happening in this month's demo + all the new maps and animations and such)
Well, why not on the updates for the builds in-game? Like saying the boss is killable but the body does [x]? I know a lot of people don't check Pateron or Discord so I guess in hindsight it'd help asking those rhetorical-esk questions. Idk, people will always ask those kinds of questions I guess.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Well, why not on the updates for the builds in-game? Like saying the boss is killable but the body does [x]?
We usually do do that, but honestly I'm surprised at how many people messaged us about not being able to kill the boss; we didn't put it in as a thing on the updates for the build and only told people afterwards about not being able to kill it because so many people asked.

We figured people would just go "oh, they probably don't have the functionality in yet" but yeah, a lot of people were really bothered about the boss not actually dying which again was a total surprise to us, so that's why we're going to put it on the update notes and such for the next build that you can in fact kill him this time :D

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
We usually do do that, but honestly I'm surprised at how many people messaged us about not being able to kill the boss; we didn't put it in as a thing on the updates for the build and only told people afterwards about not being able to kill it because so many people asked.

We figured people would just go "oh, they probably don't have the functionality in yet" but yeah, a lot of people were really bothered about the boss not actually dying which again was a total surprise to us, so that's why we're going to put it on the update notes and such for the next build that you can in fact kill him this time :D
Yeah it doesn't make sense to think the game is broken when it's heavily unfinished, especially the last part. Makes less sense when you know the bosses are pretty much the last thing to be finished as this is the third time.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
streaming Reclaim Reality game development right now :) will be streaming for the next 12 or so hours!

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
If we wanted to know about Reclaim Reality, we'd be able to see it on that thread.
I post that stuff here because some people playing FF may have zero idea that Reclaim Reality exists; even a good amount of people who've joined the backer Discord for FF have often said they had no idea there were other games I was working on.

Also, given that all the games are tied together/in the same universe, and I'm writing them (hence they have similar story styles), along with having the same musician, same SFX guy, and generally going for the same level of quality, it's possible that people who enjoyed one game might enjoy the other for some of the same reasons they enjoyed the first game. That's why I talk about the other games on this thread and vice versa.

napala

Jun 12, 2017
I post that stuff here because some people playing FF may have zero idea that Reclaim Reality exists; even a good amount of people who've joined the backer Discord for FF have often said they had no idea there were other games I was working on.

Also, given that all the games are tied together/in the same universe, and I'm writing them (hence they have similar story styles), along with having the same musician, same SFX guy, and generally going for the same level of quality, it's possible that people who enjoyed one game might enjoy the other for some of the same reasons they enjoyed the first game. That's why I talk about the other games on this thread and vice versa.
tl;dr: shill shill shill baby

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
tl;dr: shill shill shill baby
Yep! We're here to make good games but if we don't make money, we can't pay for the artists, programmers, sound people, and so on for those games, so we're of course going to try and get attention as much as we can on said games, the same way any team or business would need to do to pay everyone they work with fairly.

If you want to survive in game development, you need to market your games and get them as much attention as you can; that's business 101.

We sink back about 90% of what we make on Patreon back into the games monthly; I've put up $15,000 of my own money in advance to pay for assets for Reclaim Reality, so I've actually been operating at a loss since the Patreon came out for it.

That said, we're not trying to scrape every single penny we can from people though, which is why we don't mind and even encourage piracy if people can't afford to pledge or are from parts of the world that won't allow it, and it's why we give refunds for any reason/any time. We don't want anyone going financially broke pledging to us either, which is why all of our rewards are one-time-pledge only and you get the reward permanently.

So I don't think one post (or even a few posts) in the Future Fragments topic, given that it's a game storyline-wise linked to Reclaim Reality, made by the same developers, is going to hurt things. If you're not interested in RR, you're free to ignore those posts and continue checking out the rest of the topic :)

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Yep! We're here to make good games but if we don't make money, we can't pay for the artists, programmers, sound people, and so on for those games, so we're of course going to try and get attention as much as we can on said games, the same way any team or business would need to do to pay everyone they work with fairly.

If you want to survive in game development, you need to market your games and get them as much attention as you can; that's business 101.

We sink back about 90% of what we make on Patreon back into the games monthly; I've put up $15,000 of my own money in advance to pay for assets for Reclaim Reality, so I've actually been operating at a loss since the Patreon came out for it.

That said, we're not trying to scrape every single penny we can from people though, which is why we don't mind and even encourage piracy if people can't afford to pledge or are from parts of the world that won't allow it, and it's why we give refunds for any reason/any time. We don't want anyone going financially broke pledging to us either, which is why all of our rewards are one-time-pledge only and you get the reward permanently.

So I don't think one post (or even a few posts) in the Future Fragments topic, given that it's a game storyline-wise linked to Reclaim Reality, made by the same developers, is going to hurt things. If you're not interested in RR, you're free to ignore those posts and continue checking out the rest of the topic :)
See? This is why I love Future Fragments. Not just because of how amazing the game itself is, but also the way you're handling stuff like this. Explaining why you do things the way you do, and generally handling Patreon much better than most H game devs.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Oh boy, not this topic again.
I guess it serves you right for not reading just before the boss. You can't kill it, keep running to the right.
To be fair, the text right before the boss is actually inaccurate, that's a failure on our part; it says the opposite (that you can kill him), if I remember right, but that whole boss fight is getting redone for the full game so yeah :p

See? This is why I love Future Fragments. Not just because of how amazing the game itself is, but also the way you're handling stuff like this. Explaining why you do things the way you do, and generally handling Patreon much better than most H game devs.
Thanks a lot, that really means a lot; we try hard to be transparent and honesty with this stuff as we can :)

Huehe32

Dec 13, 2018
Oh boy, not this topic again.

I guess it serves you right for not reading just before the boss. You can't kill it, keep running to the right.
honestly man,the dude before the fight just said "release your wrath upon it" so i figured to just charge my attack that stops how for about half a second,even then you must be ridiculously accurate and not mess up a single shot.But still the game is awesome

MagicSlay

Dec 2, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure there's a text just before the boss saying you can't kill. Like the computer, I guess I could be remembering wrong.

3.80 star(s) 83 Votes