ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Hope this gets finished soon. I've been holding off on playing it until the whole thing is available.

cuptalk

Dec 28, 2018
Uh, hey. In the latest public demo, the item "Liber Vetitus" has morse code as it's description. I didn't see anyone else post the translation so I thought I would do it myself.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: AngelAIGS

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Did i miss a release at 7th of april?
Yeah, we released v0.45a then; as with all non v0.27P demos, it should be noted that this demo serves mainly as a tech demo and has no cutscenes, no sex cutscenes (besides beating WREN), only the regular sex animations from enemies/single CG, and so on.

The main reason to play it is to try all of the maps for the level, as this build has all of the completed maps for the final level in the game, The End. (Previous demos have previous levels; each demo only contains one level, so that we can prevent having to alter the game as a whole every time we make changes, which saves development time. We'll stick all the levels together at the end of development for the final game.)

Hey HW! Just read through the entire thread and it was very fun! :)
First off, I want to say, really amazing game. I know you've heard this many times from many people, and you and your entire team deserve it!
I really respect and admire you, the way you are handling the piracy situation and people who complain about you milking. Let them host something like this and see how it turns out for them. Anywho, I just had a few questions for you Hw, if you don't mind answering.
Thanks a lot for the kind feedback, glad to hear you're enjoying the game (and how we're treating it and treating people writing about it!)

I'm not currently at a point where I can consistently finance on Patreon, due to freaking coronavirus ruining my life... :(, but this month, I am able to support ten dollars. What would the ten dollars get? I wasn't entirely sure. On Patreon, it says you get the demo, plus the game at launch and the Patreon posts.
Yep, this is right; $10 gets you the game at launch, even if you never pledge again, and every Patreon post ever (although the vast majority of them are just demo posts, being fully honest, but there are a good chunk of "update" posts in there with music, art, etc.)

That said, absolutely don't feel obligated to pledge right now, there's still a little while until the game's done, and I'd hate to see you screw your finances over due to corona's squeeze on things!

I plan on contributing on the days I am able. For example, on April 10, I make a one time payment of ten dollars, then on May 19, I make another ten dollar contribution, etc.
Would that be able to work? And the ten dollar tier gets you access to the entire demo you've been releasing up to this point? Thank you!
This would work, but you'd need to make sure you cancel before the start of the next month; Patreon always charges again at the start of the next month, so if you pledged on April 10th, you'd get charged again on May 1st.

That said, we keep track of backers and if you pledged in April, you'd get May's demo on May 7th when it releases, even if you didn't choose to renew during May. :)

Additionally, yep, it gets you access to all previous demos, except for the Fire Level, which was on an older version of the engine and isn't really compatible with it anymore; we'll be releasing a new, polished Fire Demo once we've fixed up the four levels that come after it, which were done on the new engine.

Reactions: randombbl

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ah, sorry, I didn't see the other posts, F95 hid them from me.

And how do you actually play it? Every time I start I just go into such a weird overworld / level hub where I can go into these blue cracks and end up in a blue world with purple enemies. Is that all there is?
If you check the above post, you'll see why that is; basically, all versions besides v0.27P, the one linked in the main post and in my signature, are effectively tech demos. They're meant to just show progress with art, audio, programming, etc. and not meant to be fully fleshed out, playable demos like v0.27P is.

The full game will have all the levels at a level beyond the polish that v0.27P has; to avoid both spoilers and adding on years onto development time though, we've chosen to separate the levels per demo as well as not have script/cutscenes/events in until all the engine improvements, mechanics, script, etc. is locked down and ready to go.

^^^ This would be the version you'd want to play if you want to get a full gameplay experience.

Hope this gets finished soon. I've been holding off on playing it until the whole thing is available.
We're aiming not to dissapoint; right now we're aiming for August-October 2020 for the release, but I won't lie, Coronavirus definitely hit us a decent amount.

We're still aiming for that release date, but worst case, it's still going to come out in 2020, it just might be more around November or December. We REALLY don't want to push it that far though, so we're working as hard as possible to get it out before then.

(Especially since the Patreon has been on a downwards trend for years; if we take any longer, not only will we not be able to afford to pay the voice actors and music and SFX people, we'll be unable to even pay our own rent and internet bills! The last thing we want to do is to delay or stretch out this game, for sure.)

Uh, hey. In the latest public demo, the item "Liber Vetitus" has morse code as it's description. I didn't see anyone else post the translation so I thought I would do it myself.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nice catch; I can also tell you that the "Liber Vetitus" isn't the full name of that item. ;)

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
*looks at gameplay* Might be pretty good.
*looks at sex scenes* I'm out.
Curious as to what about the sex scenes turned you off?

If it matters, there'll be a safe for work version for Steam (with the NSFW content as DLC), which will remove all sexual content from the game, if you purely want it for gameplay.

d1Polterghost

Jul 22, 2017
Curious as to what about the sex scenes turned you off?

If it matters, there'll be a safe for work version for Steam (with the NSFW content as DLC), which will remove all sexual content from the game, if you purely want it for gameplay.
Getting raped by monsters, zombies, tentacles and 'ugly bastards' is not my thing.

randombbl

Aug 30, 2017
Good to see progress is still being made. I'll skip this demo, don't wanna spoil everything for the full release. Keep it up HW and gang!

caminhas

Jan 27, 2018
wow, the boss fight is still brutal, the boss changes elements fast as hell even when using the upgrade to reduce the charging attack time it's still really difficult to evade him and shoot a charged attack before the enemy makes the cycle transition

Ixiah

Aug 17, 2016
Wow this game looks slick as hell, but is all the Sex in this Game the kind where you have to stand around, get hit and hit, lose life, then watch the animation ? :(

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
Unfortunately there's no Mac download but you can use WINE to emulate it!
If there is no Mac version, that "Win, Mac (Low content, beta-testing demos):”, on the first page, should be instead "Win (Low content, beta-testing demos):”.
If you are having "Mac" written there, you are misleading everyone.
Also, on the description the OS section has: Windows, Mac. It should only have Windows there.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Getting raped by monsters, zombies, tentacles and 'ugly bastards' is not my thing.
Just to be clear, she does enjoy the sex that's going on; she vocally says it in most of the game over CGs, and canonically mentions it in-story too. She just doesn't want to spend forever because she needs to make sure she beats Faye to getting all the Fragments, etc.

(There's also no zombies in the game, to be clear.)

But yeah, there'll be a SFW version of the game for Steam if you'd want it for solely gameplay/lore!

Good to see progress is still being made. I'll skip this demo, don't wanna spoil everything for the full release. Keep it up HW and gang!
Thanks a lot for the kind words!

So I see a new update was made, but the changelog is not avaliable. Can anyone share what's new with us?
changelogv045.png

To be clear, this demo like all others besides v0.27P is pretty much a tech demo, so the main update here is just having all the maps done for The End, and not much else besides the new music too.

wow, the boss fight is still brutal, the boss changes elements fast as hell even when using the upgrade to reduce the charging attack time it's still really difficult to evade him and shoot a charged attack before the enemy makes the cycle transition
The boss fight wasn't changed in this build; it won't be changed until the full game's release, but we'll be getting rid of the insta-kill pillars.

Wow this game looks slick as hell, but is all the Sex in this Game the kind where you have to stand around, get hit and hit, lose life, then watch the animation ? :(
Not all of the sex in the game is that way; only about 1/3rd of the animations are. Another 1/3rd is found just by exploring the environment, and another 1/3rd is found by winning battles or succeding in things in general.

All sex scenes can be unlocked through in game achievements which are all either skill or exploration based, none of which are grindy or fetch quests, even if you never lose a single time.

This game would be great if it was for mobile too.
This is something we'd like to do, but unfortunately it's not too likely just because of the complexity of the controls and limited mobile screen space, plus the large amount of audio files (25 hours of voicework for the full game) and text that would be hard to read on a phone.

We might release it for large tablets, but even that's not a guarantee. We do want to make some games in the future specifically for mobile alongside the "desktop-based" games like Future Fragments, though!

If there is no Mac version, that "Win, Mac (Low content, beta-testing demos):”, on the first page, should be instead "Win (Low content, beta-testing demos):”.
If you are having "Mac" written there, you are misleading everyone.
Also, on the description the OS section has: Windows, Mac. It should only have Windows there.
With the way F95 works, we don't have full control over the OP; we didn't put the "mac compatible" info there.
The game is compatible with running WINE on Mac to play it, but yeah. The Newgrounds demo though is compatible with Mac as it's in HTML5.

This is....so fragmented......and i guess in future will be more fragments too....
Nice, haha.

d1Polterghost

Jul 22, 2017
Just to be clear, she does enjoy the sex that's going on; she vocally says it in most of the game over CGs, and canonically mentions it in-story too. She just doesn't want to spend forever because she needs to make sure she beats Faye to getting all the Fragments, etc.

(There's also no zombies in the game, to be clear.)
So what are those? Enjoying having sex with this kind of things might be even worse.

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
With the way F95 works, we don't have full control over the OP; we didn't put the "mac compatible" info there.
The game is compatible with running WINE on Mac to play it, but yeah. The Newgrounds demo though is compatible with Mac as it's in HTML5.
Hey HentaiWriter!
Maybe there is a misunderstanding. We are talking about formats here. If I want a NES game to run in my Macintosh, or my Windows PC, I can get an emulator and run it. But, that does not make this game a Mac and/or PC game.
Some of the PC games in F95 can be run using Wine, but having explicitly written that it is a Mac game is not correct. Unless you have an actual Mac version - one one .app file you don't have any Mac version at all. The same goes to HTML - it's your HTML game, which is not a Mac game, nor a PC, nor an Android game, a Linux, or Playstation 4 game - it's a HTML5 game.
We can make things compatible in different sorts of ways, but making a categorizing of games on hypothetical compatibility (though an emulator), is just arbitrary and misleading.

I have run and played a bit by the way. It's a nice game - well done! I just didn't get well how those three collectable "add-ons", on the left side, work.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
So what are those? Enjoying having sex with this kind of things might be even worse.
If you check the databanks in the game, it goes over what they're from (and cutscenes in the eventual remake of the Fire Level demo will cover this even more), but here's the story on them and the rest of the enemies in that level;

The Fire Level, aka the Volcanic Separation Mine, is centered and built around/due to an alien being that was extracted from the depths of said volcano around 2985 AD.

When the WORM found out about it, they ran tests on it, and found that as part of a natural shedding process, the "Demon Spawner" as they called it, would have these gelatinous red blobs pop off of it.

The red blobs, when touching a human being (or any organic life), would quickly begin to take its cellular structure over, turning it into a liquid substance that was pretty similar to the original blob itself.

With a lot of testing though, the WORM was able to analyze and refine the material from the blob itself, realizing that at low dosages, the fluid from the blob could be bonded to human beings to increase their IQ, strength, reflexes, etc. all around the board. Additionally, and important for the Volcanic Separation Mine itself, it also provided them shielding to the high heat in that particular Module (a part of a Facility, the area you're at in the game, think of it as a neighborhood and a Facility would be a town).

This testing wasn't perfect from the start though, and so you ended up with examples like the enemies that you posted above.

The skinnier one (the scraper) is the result of an imperfect meld of 25% "demon fluid" and 75% human, while the other one (the berserker) is the result of 75% "demon fluid" and 25% human.

Both of them retain intelligent thought and can communicate in english, but due to the imperfect melding, their physical forms were distorted. (You can see a perfect 50/50 meld in the animation below, with the "Flier" enemy; as a result of the perfect meld, there's no physical imperfections or distortions like in the other two.)

dem_2.gif

As an additional note, the Demon Spawner itself was discovered to have intelligence and communication abilities of its own; anyone bonded with the "demon fluid" was able to hear its voice and thoughts, which were telepathically communicated to all who were bonded with it at the same time.

Generally though, the Demon Spawner doesn't speak, unless something major is going on that would give it a crisis enough to actually communicate and ask its "brethren" to come help it...

Should be clarified too that the Demon Spawner, demonic fluid, and so on, aren't actually from Hell or demonic literally, they're just called this colloquially.

And yes, sex with these enemies is actually pleasurable for her. She comes from 1000 AD Europe, do you realize what kind of cleanliness habits they had at that point in history? Compared to year 3000 AD people that've been biologically altered with mind-bending technology from her perspective, they'd be incredibly clean by comparison.

Not liking necrophilia makes me an SJW?
There's no necrophilia in the game, as detailed above. They're alive and well, lol.

But, that does not make this game a Mac and/or PC game.
Some of the PC games in F95 can be run using Wine, but having explicitly written that it is a Mac game is not correct.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all on this, I was just clarifying that you could run it in WINE for people who did want to :p but yeah, I have no control over that part of the OP. When people come in here and post new builds of ours, they update it and reset it back to saying "Mac", or at least that's how it's happened multiple times before.

I have run and played a bit by the way. It's a nice game - well done! I just didn't get well how those three collectable "add-ons", on the left side, work.
Thanks a lot! For the powerups, you'd need to press Up on powerups when you're standing on top of them, and then you can add them to your current powerups, or put them away in storage to switch them out at any time and swap them with other powerups you've picked up by pressing the ESC key at any time and navigating to the powerups window.

(Making sure, did you play v0.27P? That'd be the version to play, other versions have little to no powerups and are effectively tech demos.)

3.70 star(s) 84 Votes