HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
The scientist boss is BS and needs to be changed.
What about them is BS to you? And what do you feel should be changed?
Additionally, are you playing on a keyboard/controller?
And are you using powerups / boss abilities to ignore projectiles and jump higher etc.?

So how would I go about answering the third question if I'm not pledged any more?
Just answer it as if you were still pledged, that's fine; it's more about a hypothetic situation than anything, I figure.

Reactions: 156_163_146_167

Amgresr

Aug 10, 2017
What about them is BS to you? And what do you feel should be changed?
Additionally, are you playing on a keyboard/controller?
And are you using powerups / boss abilities to ignore projectiles and jump higher etc.?

Just answer it as if you were still pledged, that's fine; it's more about a hypothetic situation than anything, I figure.
Those three buttons on the floor make it really difficult to move around the stage without hitting the buttons or getting hit by projectiles and Vie also damages you when you touch her giving even less space to move. Her attacks are randomized so you cant plan an attack and can sometimes lead to having unfair situations where you have to get hit regardless of where you are.

All I suggest is having one button after first hit and a second on last hit placing them in the corners so people still have an area to dodge stuff. Have Vie on a platform and have take damage via overheating. Also are you planning to give her as a game over scene?

The second boss puts you in that liquid that zaps health away when standing in it and will if you are on low health from the unfair Vie fight you will instantly game over. Just have Talia regain life and land on a platform. Going through an high damage RNG boss is one thing but to have a surprise second phase with no health recovery is more than unfair.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Those three buttons on the floor make it really difficult to move around the stage without hitting the buttons or getting hit by projectiles and Vie also damages you when you touch her giving even less space to move. Her attacks are randomized so you cant plan an attack and can sometimes lead to having unfair situations where you have to get hit regardless of where you are.
All of this is intentional to some degree; the button placement demands that you get good with your spacing for jumping (and to use your powerups and abilities too), and the randomization is something we prefer because we're not fans of having bosses with locked in, predictable, exploitable patterns (like in the Megaman series where most bosses can be defeated by using the same 2 or 3 movements over and over).

The button area you highlighted isn't the actual hitbox of the buttons either; it's the lighter grey ring in the middle that's the actual hitbox. Similarly, you can even be a bit into Vie's sprite itself before it registers as a hit.

Once a button's hit too, it has a long cooldown period that's longer than the duration of your trap effects themselves.

There should be no guaranteed hits though; I can't think of an attack that's unavoidable or would possibly put you in an unavoidable state.

All I suggest is having one button after first hit and a second on last hit placing them in the corners so people still have an area to dodge stuff. Have Vie on a platform and have take damage via overheating. Also are you planning to give her as a game over scene?
The problem with this is that the area isn't setup to have buttons appear out of nowhere, both mechanically and lore-wise; Vie set those traps up prior to you getting there, and so she doesn't have a means to make new ones as she had to physically dig holes in the ground for those ones to begin with.

Actually mechanically/programming-wise, we could implement that, but IMO, it would make the fight a bit too easy, when you take into account equippable powerups and abilities. (We're actually going to add more possible traps near the end of development, not extra buttons, but trap variations because we had too many playtesters stating the fight was too easy/predictable once you'd seen a few of the attacks.)

Just to be clear, too, are you using your fire dash to ignore projectiles, electric jump to ignore ground damage, etc.? And equippable powerups like the ones that give you jump height, or faster movement speed, or more mana recharge rate? Powerup loadouts and usage of boss abilities are essential to being able to beat this game easily; not using them is like playing the game on ultra-hard mode.

A good deal of abilities also cover the corners, so moving Vie to a platform wouldn't help too much for 7 out of the 9 total attacks.

We don't have any plans to give her a game over scene, as she's got no sexual interest in Talia and wouldn't benefit any from doing anything sexual to her; the Earth Boss's scene makes up for this some IMO with how it combines Vie and Talia's scenes together though. :p

The second boss puts you in that liquid that zaps health away when standing in it and will if you are on low health from the unfair Vie fight you will instantly game over. Just have Talia regain life and land on a platform. Going through an high damage RNG boss is one thing but to have a surprise second phase with no health recovery is more than unfair.
This is a result of the Earth demo (and all other demos besides v0.27P) being tech demos; in the full game, once you beat Vie, a cutscene will happen, they'll talk some, and then you'll enter the Earth Boss fight at full health, as they're intended to be entirely separate fights.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Does anyone be able to get the electric gloves on top right corner of the map?
If you mean the ones in the ??? room, you can use your freeze shot (press A/S to cycle powerups) by pressing C, to freeze projectiles to use them as platforms. :)

Amgresr

Aug 10, 2017
All of this is intentional to some degree; the button placement demands that you get good with your spacing for jumping (and to use your powerups and abilities too), and the randomization is something we prefer because we're not fans of having bosses with locked in, predictable, exploitable patterns (like in the Megaman series where most bosses can be defeated by using the same 2 or 3 movements over and over).

The button area you highlighted isn't the actual hitbox of the buttons either; it's the lighter grey ring in the middle that's the actual hitbox. Similarly, you can even be a bit into Vie's sprite itself before it registers as a hit.

Once a button's hit too, it has a long cooldown period that's longer than the duration of your trap effects themselves.

There should be no guaranteed hits though; I can't think of an attack that's unavoidable or would possibly put you in an unavoidable state.

The problem with this is that the area isn't setup to have buttons appear out of nowhere, both mechanically and lore-wise; Vie set those traps up prior to you getting there, and so she doesn't have a means to make new ones as she had to physically dig holes in the ground for those ones to begin with.

Actually mechanically/programming-wise, we could implement that, but IMO, it would make the fight a bit too easy, when you take into account equippable powerups and abilities. (We're actually going to add more possible traps near the end of development, not extra buttons, but trap variations because we had too many playtesters stating the fight was too easy/predictable once you'd seen a few of the attacks.)

Just to be clear, too, are you using your fire dash to ignore projectiles, electric jump to ignore ground damage, etc.? And equippable powerups like the ones that give you jump height, or faster movement speed, or more mana recharge rate? Powerup loadouts and usage of boss abilities are essential to being able to beat this game easily; not using them is like playing the game on ultra-hard mode.

A good deal of abilities also cover the corners, so moving Vie to a platform wouldn't help too much for 7 out of the 9 total attacks.

We don't have any plans to give her a game over scene, as she's got no sexual interest in Talia and wouldn't benefit any from doing anything sexual to her; the Earth Boss's scene makes up for this some IMO with how it combines Vie and Talia's scenes together though. :p

This is a result of the Earth demo (and all other demos besides v0.27P) being tech demos; in the full game, once you beat Vie, a cutscene will happen, they'll talk some, and then you'll enter the Earth Boss fight at full health, as they're intended to be entirely separate fights.
I wasn't using the abilities lol I thought they only had platforming uses. If I had known the fire dash had invincibility frames I prob would beaten the boss and not have made my earlier comment so that is on me.

I asked about a Vie game over scene because in the conversation before the fight she asks Talia for Fragments for the resistance. Vie may not have sexual interests in Talia but she could do something to "convince" Talia into hand over the fragments via machine/monster pit of some sorts. But The earth boss animation is one of the best IMO

TheRealSomeone92

Apr 15, 2019
The genres say it contains lesbian, yet in the collage video the only animation that would loosely fit that description is the one where the machine mashes two girls against each other.
Is that the only one in the game, or do later versions introduce more lesbian animations?

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
The genres say it contains lesbian, yet in the collage video the only animation that would loosely fit that description is the one where the machine mashes two girls against each other.
Is that the only one in the game, or do later versions introduce more lesbian animations?
We have a lesbian scene planned for the final game, but there is very little lesbian scenes in the game yeah.

I wasn't using the abilities lol I thought they only had platforming uses. If I had known the fire dash had invincibility frames I prob would beaten the boss and not have made my earlier comment so that is on me.

I asked about a Vie game over scene because in the conversation before the fight she asks Talia for Fragments for the resistance. Vie may not have sexual interests in Talia but she could do something to "convince" Talia into hand over the fragments via machine/monster pit of some sorts. But The earth boss animation is one of the best IMO
Unfortunately there's nothing like that that's gonna happen, both for plot reasons (no amount of sex is gonna make Talia ignore her values), and because Vie wants Talia to willingly join her, not do so out of force or coercion etc.

Reactions: TheRealSomeone92

RitoShimada

Sep 16, 2017
Just wanna say I love your work! The finding fragment and "stuck" scene is hella funny I couldn't focus on fapping lmao.

bee47

Oct 3, 2017
Hey this is random but absolute props to how well put together all of this. This game's the standard for how Patreon / Marketing & Game Development should go.

You guys rock, cheers.

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Just wanna say I love your work! The finding fragment and "stuck" scene is hella funny I couldn't focus on fapping lmao.
Glad to hear you were enjoying it :D

I hope that scene still has a Faye alternative planned.
It unfortunately has no Faye alternative planned; sorry! Maybe for the sequel :p

Hey this is random but absolute props to how well put together all of this. This game's the standard for how Patreon / Marketing & Game Development should go.

You guys rock, cheers.
Really flattering to hear stuff like this, always lets us know we're on the right track, seriously.

-----------------------

Also, something we're really proud of is done;

You can see the brand new NSFW trailer on Twitter there, and if you want to help us out, you can RT it!
(IMO, it's a really, really good trailer.)

You can also go to Steam below by clicking on the banner to see the NSFW trailer in full, HD quality, and if you want to help us out over on Steam, then...

( for those who can't get it to work with the banner.)

Last edited:

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I like the trailer you put together. And I also think that Talia animation in that Steam banner is cute.

But when watching the trailer, I found out that Vie is not pronounced the way I thought it was. I thought it was like "vee", not "vay". I guess I've not heard it pronounced in the game yet?

Ikegamo

Mar 20, 2017
Holy shit that trailer's hype as hell.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Also, how many tries did this take? :unsure:

HentaiWriter

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I like the trailer you put together. And I also think that Talia animation in that Steam banner is cute.

But when watching the trailer, I found out that Vie is not pronounced the way I thought it was. I thought it was like "vee", not "vay". I guess I've not heard it pronounced in the game yet?
She says it in the opening tutorial on the Electric Level within the first few lines :p might have had your audio off, haha.
But yeah, it rhymes with "die" or "lie", two things also affiliated with her as a person.

Holy shit that trailer's hype as hell.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Also, how many tries did this take? :unsure:

Took over a half an hour; honestly, multiple shots in there took quite a while to do.
That was by far the worst one, though.

Glad you both liked the trailer, too! :D We worked really, really hard on it.

Reactions: randombbl
3.70 star(s) 84 Votes