3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Iron Cunny

May 24, 2020
Am I the only one getting the glitch where I cannot press any buttons after pressing the wanted list thing?

Also for those who played both Easy & Normal difficulty, how huge is the difficulty gap?

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
Also for those who played both Easy & Normal difficulty, how huge is the difficulty gap?
Haven't played on easy but with the 'Arrest' Ability of Marius and yourself after lerning it from him, every part of the main story is pretty easy and the afterstory at least doible if you are trying to recruit all pirates. As long as you are ok with saving and reloading a couple of times for 'Arrest' to to be cast successfull. The hardest part would be to recruit Marius early in the game.

Iron Cunny

May 24, 2020
Haven't played on easy but with the 'Arrest' Ability of Marius and yourself after lerning it from him, every part of the main story is pretty easy and the afterstory at least doible if you are trying to recruit all pirates. As long as you are ok with saving and reloading a couple of times for 'Arrest' to to be cast successfull. The hardest part would be to recruit Marius early in the game.
Funny how I just fought Marius and lost, only to shut my game down in response. I want Minerva too so it won't be easy in the slightest.

Also, how many times do I have to send Slave Girl Lucia out into battle for her to awaken? This game is really dangerous for training Magikarp equivalents.

And I forgot which port's bar Saladin could be found. I managed to identify the item I needed to give to him, but now I need to re-find him.

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
Funny how I just fought Marius and lost, only to shut my game down in response. I want Minerva too so it won't be easy in the slightest.

Also, how many times do I have to send Slave Girl Lucia out into battle for her to awaken? This game is really dangerous for training Magikarp equivalents.

And I forgot which port's bar Saladin could be found. I managed to identify the item I needed to give to him, but now I need to re-find him.
Fighting Marius is easier when you have the Saladin, the Trojan guy and the chinese woman from the third town, if you try it to be the first fight like I did.

5-6 fights to awaken Lucia. Tried it only on marine ships, don't know about trading ships. She will only awaken when you enter your first hidout, if I'm not mistaken. But haven't used her after her awakening. Was fine with Marius, Saladin and Cold Minerva until the aftergame.

Saladin is in Alessandria.

Can't be sure about the spelling the names because I already deleted the game.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Can you only choose each upgrade once for the entire game? Cause near the start of the game I got the cannon upgrade for the Caravel and since then I haven't been able to purchase the cannon upgrade for any ship.

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
Can you only choose each upgrade once for the entire game? Cause near the start of the game I got the cannon upgrade for the Caravel and since then I haven't been able to purchase the cannon upgrade for any ship.
Answer was posted here:
A little update on the ship thing:

I can't find the solution for the ship problem, though I was able to replicate the problem. I've compared the code for the map files that manage ship upgrades in RPGMaker and the only thing I did was change the names of the ships from Japanese. I've even started a clean/new save and used the original Japanese commonevents file, and the bug persists.

However, I did manage to narrow it down - looks like the problem is the Caraval ship. If you upgrade that particular ship for either upgrade, it'll permanently prevent you from upgrading any future ship with the upgrade you selected for the Caraval. On the bright side, it's ONLY limited to the Caraval, so if you upgrade any other ship with either upgrade, you won't encounter this problem.

My advice is to avoid upgrading the Caraval at all and move on to a better ship. I'll continue to check the variables in the game files as I'm seeing a complicated mess here and it's gonna take some digging before I can figure out what's going on.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Okay how the hell do you deal with the Beast King pirates? Cause every time I try to fight them the dog taunts instantly then I cant do anything cause every attack misses. Like I'm honestly curious how the game even expects you to capture the crew since right now it seems like it would be impossible to do it without killing the dog once the taunt expires.

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
Okay how the hell do you deal with the Beast King pirates? Cause every time I try to fight them the dog taunts instantly then I cant do anything cause every attack misses. Like I'm honestly curious how the game even expects you to capture the crew since right now it seems like it would be impossible to do it without killing the dog once the taunt expires.
As was written here before, recrute Marius, then use 'Arrest' on the dog.

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
So basically I have to either restart the game or deal with no ship upgrades? Rip.
Had to restart it myself, but I had the speed upgrade locked out and had read after only a couple of game hours about it here.
Would restart, if I were you. Having the cannon upgade locked out is pretty bad for recruting all pirates.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Had to restart it myself, but I had the speed upgrade locked out and had read after only a couple of game hours about it here.
Would restart, if I were you. Having the cannon upgade locked out is pretty bad for recruting all pirates.
The annoying thing is that I already have half the towns captured and all but 4 pirate crews defeated, so resetting for me is losing a lot of progress.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
As was written here before, recrute Marius, then use 'Arrest' on the dog.
Honestly I feel like I'd be better off just brute forcing and killing the dog. I've retried this fight at least 10 times so far and every time Arrest has failed.

Edit: Correction, 20 times now, and for half of them I've had been using both Marius and MC with Arrest as the learned skill to use 2 arrests at once, and still haven't gotten arrest off once. Though after all this frustration I have to ask before it eventually succeeds, but enemies taken out by Arrest, can they actually be recruited after battle? Or if after all this work if Arrest succeeds on the dog will I just not get it?

Last edited:

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
Honestly I feel like I'd be better off just brute forcing and killing the dog. I've retried this fight at least 10 times so far and every time Arrest has failed.

Edit: Correction, 20 times now, and for half of them I've had been using both Marius and MC with Arrest as the learned skill to use 2 arrests at once, and still haven't gotten arrest off once. Though after all this frustration I have to ask before it eventually succeeds, but enemies taken out by Arrest, can they actually be recruited after battle? Or if after all this work if Arrest succeeds on the dog will I just not get it?
Marius 'Thunderous roar' to cancel out dogs buff. This works for sure, but needs several trys anways cause Beast pirates are strong and the dog recasts his buff after 3-4 rounds.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Marius 'Thunderous roar' to cancel out dogs buff. This works for sure, but needs several trys anways cause Beast pirates are strong and the dog recasts his buff after 3-4 rounds.
How often does is the taunt recast? Cause I'm having trouble with the literal dog and his taunt, not the Beast King and his buffs.

Gig1984

May 3, 2018
How often does is the taunt recast? Cause I'm having trouble with the literal dog and his taunt, not the Beast King and his buffs.
The same as 'Thunderous roar', should be 3(?) turns cooldown time. But sometimes the dog uses Taunt a round later.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
The same as 'Thunderous roar', should be 3(?) turns cooldown time. But sometimes the dog uses Taunt a round later.
There is very little variation in the first round from what I've seen. The dog has only ever not taunted round 1 once. In my 20 attempts every enemy did the exact same thing. The only differences are that Beast King will either attack my 4th party member or try to CC a random party member, then the girl either does her paralyze attack on my 4th party member (insta killing them) or if Beast King attacked then she'll do her aoe attack (and kill my 4th party member). The other two always do the same thing round one no matter what.

oldpasta

Jul 20, 2018
I used saladin, seto and lucia. The game was a cakewalk on normal difficulty with these three
seto can purge any buffs the enemy has, lucia can destroy any ship and enemywave with her fire arrows, and saladin is just a powerhouse overall

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes