3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

TheGamer-

Mar 17, 2019
what I have found out wos change to French load save fast forward a bit save change back to English then load

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
should I use the same fix u posted?
edit: same patch didn't solve my error, for now same as last badly translated update I just switched to French skipped some scenes then back to english
(the act ual scene that breaks the game should be Eve using her new powers to have a cup float towards the MC)

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/tl/english/script.rpy", line 42868, in script
o "[Z]? you..."
File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 266, in say
who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
KeyError: u'Z'
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "game/tl/english/script.rpy", line 42868, in script
o "[Z]? you..."
File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Galaxy-1.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Galaxy-1.3-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1197, in say
renpy.store.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 266, in say
who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Galaxy-1.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in __call__
what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Galaxy-1.3-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\Galaxy-1.3-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'Z'
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Galaxy 1.3
Mon Aug 26 18:09:29 2019
To fix this error, follow the instructions here - https://f95zone.to/threads/galaxy-v1-3-viperr.20193/post-2320242
I have done everything that you have said Downloaded the Rpy files put them in the correct places, and I am still getting the error, I will try again when you fix the game.
same here im doing the same
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/tl/english/script.rpy", line 37689, in script
old "{font=lcdnova.ttf}french{/font}"
Exception: A translation for "{font=lcdnova.ttf}french{/font}" already exists at game/script.rpy:37690.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/tl/english/script.rpy", line 37689, in script
old "{font=lcdnova.ttf}french{/font}"
File "E:\Galaxy-13-pc\Galaxy-1.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2237, in execute
renpy.translation.add_string_translation(self.language, self.old, self.new, newloc)
File "E:\Galaxy-13-pc\Galaxy-1.3-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 439, in add_string_translation
stl.add(old, new, newloc)
File "E:\Galaxy-13-pc\Galaxy-1.3-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 377, in add
quote_unicode(old), fn, line))
Exception: A translation for "{font=lcdnova.ttf}french{/font}" already exists at game/script.rpy:37690.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Galaxy 1.3
Mon Aug 26 19:42:34 2019
For the french error, download the patch below and replace the scripts.rpa file in the game folder with the one in the patch file.

Reactions: Jerzy

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
I just discovered this diamond in the rough, and have been laughing like an idiot for two hours straight as I play through.
It's great to find a game that has lots of humor, realistic looking ladies, a funny and sympathetic MC and a rather entertaining story.
Renders are not great at the start, but they get markedly better later on (I imagine the aliens "turning on the lights" is when the dev got a new rendering rig).
The only thing that detracts (a lot) from the experience is the terrible text: unbelievably enough, the "Engrish" version is better written than the French one. The dev could seriously use a good proofreader.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I just discovered this diamond in the rough, and have been laughing like an idiot for two hours straight as I play through.
It's great to find a game that has lots of humor, realistic looking ladies, a funny and sympathetic MC and a rather entertaining story.
Renders are not great at the start, but they get markedly better later on (I imagine the aliens "turning on the lights" is when the dev got a new rendering rig).
The only thing that detracts (a lot) from the experience is the terrible text: unbelievably enough, the "Engrish" version is better written than the French one. The dev could seriously use a good proofreader.
The dev does have a good proofreader, but not all of the suggested changes make it into the game ;)

The updated script for the second part of this update should be dropping this week, it just needs the stamp of approval from viperr :)

Last edited:

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
To fix this error, follow the instructions here - https://f95zone.to/threads/galaxy-v1-3-viperr.20193/post-2320242

For the french error, download the patch below and replace the scripts.rpa file in the game folder with the one in the patch file.
Ok, either I am just not doing this right, or there is something else going on. I have tried the old fixes, I have tried this new fix, but I keep getting the error when I start up, so for sure, when you fix the game, I will try again, if not it will be at the next update. When I just use the original game download, I get to right after the dinner scene and get an error, but it does not crash at start up.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Ok, either I am just not doing this right, or there is something else going on. I have tried the old fixes, I have tried this new fix, but I keep getting the error when I start up, so for sure, when you fix the game, I will try again, if not it will be at the next update. When I just use the original game download, I get to right after the dinner scene and get an error, but it does not crash at start up.
Can you post the error you are getting at startup in a spoiler for me here?, I'll take a look.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You're getting this error because the same line is being referenced in two different files.
The fix that is listed below doesn't replace the script.rpy file in the main game folder; this fixed script file should go in the game\tl\english folder. If you have overwritten the script.rpy in the main game folder, let me or viperr know and one of us will provide a replacement.
Thanks, I re-extracted and just moved it to the eng folder and it was fixed. I would suggest to tell the maker to give file placement instructions, since almost all other games put the script file in the game folder.

Odd though, I know I tried it in both folders priorly. Might have been that it spawned a bad rpyc file or didn't care I renamed the older one.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Thanks, I re-extracted and just moved it to the eng folder and it was fixed. I would suggest to tell the maker to give file placement instructions, since almost all other games put the script file in the game folder.

Odd though, I know I tried it in both folders priorly. Might have been that it spawned a bad rpyc file or didn't care I renamed the older one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Thank you to all who have tried to help me figure out what is wrong. Either something is seriously wrong on my end, or I am just not figuring something out, but, I am following every step, and nothing is working, so I will just wait until another version and hope that it works next time.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Please read my original post again. The scripts.rpa file should go in the game folder, not in the english folder.
See, what got me confused is that there is a file that you said to put that file in the English folder, which was not one I needed (Referencing post #178). So, as usual it is an IBKB error. I have it fixed now.
I have a decent IQ (Not a genius), but sometimes can make the most silly mistakes.

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
Just had an error. What makes it worse is there wasn't even an option to rollback or ignore like there usually is with these errors.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Tried that, it popped up another error as soon as I ran the game.
That fix is below, make sure that you put this file in the game folder, nowhere else.

Reactions: OsloXYZ

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
That fix is below, make sure that you put this file in the game folder, nowhere else.
Why is it even giving a french error when I'm not running it in french?

Edit: Also, that just added more errors as soon as the game is run.

Edit2: After searching through the thread, you gave me the wrong fix the first time but it was my fault. I didn't specify when I got the error. It was after waking up after the dinner with Sam and the two women.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes