ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Then your GPU would just die after a few Years, which is easy to replace.
Rendering, even more than 3D gaming, puts the PC under a lot of stress, which causes things to break a lot sooner than most, especially if you're not geeky enough to monitor temperatures and disk health etc. To use a car analogy, your average car will take you to work and back for years without trouble, but if you enter it in a grueling cross country race, like the Himalayan Car Rally, things are going to start breaking. (btw. "fried" is an euphemism, as is "break" - not to be taken literally. Your motherboard failure would also be referred to as such).

Cryptor

Jul 16, 2017
and what is he rendering ? We don´t need a render in each scene, i thing the game is dead, waiting for update since 6 month and the first 3-4 release are finish in 5 month.
each game with a good content are abandoned . pc broken, health problems, wife injury or santa claus is coming... don´t understand why the Devs not tell the true

Last edited:

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
and what is he rendering ? We don´t need a render in each scene, i thing the game is dead, waiting for update since 6 month and the first 3-4 release are finish in 5 month.
each game with a good content are abandoned . pc broken, health problems, wife injury or santa claus is coming... don´t understand why the Devs not tell the true
Yeah, you do. You need lighting and shadows to be rendered in every scene and, in fact, every picture. If you don't, you won't have lighting and shadows. That gives you flat, unappealing pictures that look artificial.

Small tits are best

Nov 27, 2018
what you must remember is this VN is the Dev's pride and joy if he was to rush it out then people would just bitch and wine about the quality . I would would rather see a quality VN than some rushed piece of shit. something with a story and quality is worth a little wait in my humble opinion
thanks P_S_Y_C_H_O

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
How does that happen? I'm on PC since 1998 and I never had that happen. Worst thing was a Motherboard dying because I fucked up.
I have several PCs which have "died" over the years. I run them 24x7x365. My main rig is an 8 core AMD I have had for a decade and gone through 2 power supplies, 2 HDD and a motherboard. It is plugged into a UPS/VR (battery backup and voltage regulator) so no power surges or black outs hurt it. Honestly the worst thing for my PCs has been windows updates and reboots. When I power down the PC, and the disks quit spinning, they break.

My server rig has had 6 HDD failures in 8 years it has been around. It also runs 24x7x365. When I get a filed disk, I buy a new one and replace it and it rebuilds.

My point is that parts break, and are designed to only last a certain amount of time. MTBF (mean time between failure) on a spinning rust HDD is like 3-5 years. Power supplies are about the same. The only thing you can do is keep the case clean, keep the dust out and air running through it to keep everything cool. Otherwise things break.

That or don't run it all the time :)

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
I actually have a lot of confidence that the dev is doing the right approach. His computer getting the worst case of hairy aids imaginable aside, the dev has a story in mind and not a lot of devs have that. They end up with the same generic shit over and over again and then burnout after 3 updates as creating cgi tits is a lot easier than having a reason for them being there in the first place.

When the next update does get released I think it will be just what us pervs have been hoping for.

Cryptor

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah, you do. You need lighting and shadows to be rendered in every scene and, in fact, every picture. If you don't, you won't have lighting and shadows. That gives you flat, unappealing pictures that look artificial.
Ok, i understand, but thats not the main point, why the devs not tell the true and give us a fix date for update, for example 1st february 2020+/- 10 Days and all user know.
but each time a other story about pc, health, wife, family is kidding those user, its not only here, its on every 2nd game here

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
I actually have a lot of confidence that the dev is doing the right approach. His computer getting the worst case of hairy aids imaginable aside, the dev has a story in mind and not a lot of devs have that. They end up with the same generic shit over and over again and then burnout after 3 updates as creating cgi tits is a lot easier than having a reason for them being there in the first place.

When the next update does get released I think it will be just what us pervs have been hoping for.
From what's there on his Patreon page it seems like nearly half the update will be about Alex. :(

• Sad
Reactions: mistercoon

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Ok, i understand, but thats not the main point, why the devs not tell the true and give us a fix date for update, for example 1st february 2020+/- 10 Days and all user know.
but each time a other story about pc, health, wife, family is kidding those user, its not only here, its on every 2nd game here
Because development doesn't work that way for a small team/studio.
If you've got a 200+ employee game studio, and life throws one of those employees a curveball, you just reassign some of the workload to one of your other people with that skillset.
If you don't have 200+ employees but just a few or just one, than each curveball will cause delays.
That's why it also becomes much more unpredictable to know when a release will be finished. It's not like you can just name a date, wave a magic wand, and somehow everything will be finished by then.

There's a lot of stuff that can happen on the dev end - small bugs, glitches, realizing that one of the rendered pictures doesn't work ingame (wrong shadows, lightning too bright ot too dark, you forgot a background object that just has to be in the shot) and suddenly you've got a new 3-4 hours of stuff to do that previously didn't exist. That kind of stuff happens all the time, unfortunately. Code doesn't simply "work" and often you find that stuff you thought would work actually won't work when you add in a few new features. Suddenly you have to go back through a couple thousand lines of code and add stuff to ensure the new functions work. And then you need to check that code, to make sure you didn't miss any. Ingame. Again and again. It all just adds up. If you ever try developing a game yourself, you'll be surprised by all the weird and strange stuff that can pop up and force you to spend 10+ hours just to fix some silly things.

So it's very hard to predict how fast you're going and by what day you'll reach the state you're aiming for. Even a +-10 days is an extremely narrow estimate. Because you can't just relocate tasks to some other employee.

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Development of a game needs several different skills. It is very rare to find them all in a single dev - usually it takes a team, which brings more problems - co-ordination, funding, equitable profit sharing, ego-massaging,... yada yada yada. This guy ticks a lot of boxes for me - I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack for perhaps not dealing with 'curveballs' in a more timely fashion. If I can get my own finances sorted out a bit, I'll be sending him a few bucks myself.

BigBeef

Jan 4, 2018
From what I've read on Patreon the only new sex related content in the next update may only be a handjob from Princess and a blowjob from Alex. I mean, I know the dev has been under a lot of stress recently and all but I really hope this isn't true, there has to be more than that after half a year, right? My hype has been sky high for this update :(

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 92 Votes