AgentWhackjob

Aug 30, 2019
I didn't mean to imply that ignoring the 'future' is a good idea, there needs to be a balance between being prepared for upcoming story and getting too far ahead on one aspect. It's easy to get working on something and forget that you need to finish X, Y and Z before this work will ever see the light of day.

Shit happens, tomorrow may never come... spend your time wisely.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuraiken

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
I didn't mean to imply that ignoring the 'future' is a good idea, there needs to be a balance between being prepared for upcoming story and getting too far ahead on one aspect. It's easy to get working on something and forget that you need to finish X, Y and Z before this work will ever see the light of day.

Shit happens, tomorrow may never come... spend your time wisely.
True, but as a dev, you like to err on the side of caution.

Producing content is "fun" because you see new stuff added to the game. You know the players will appreciate it, and you like seeing your game develop further.
But if you get stuck in an endless loop of fixing past content because you didn't streamline the process, or having to repeatedly switch between different work environments, is very very time consuming and draining.

That's why, ideally, you like to stick with one aspect and work on that, instead of jumping around.
If you make 10 3d scenes with actors, then render them, then write the dialogue, and then put them & the dialogue into code, you can do each step with confidence and maximum efficency.
If you do scene-> render -> code -> dialogue -> code for renders -> dialogue -> wrap up code, and then do that with the next scene, and then the next, each time your mind needs to switch to an entirely different suite of tools. It's like someone tells you, do sit ups, now solve this calculation, eat a banana, run aroud the block, etc.
You need to switch gears all the time and instead of falling into a easy rythm thanks to the familiarily with the tools, you keep switching back and forth, constantly trying to keep in mind all the parameters you've set for yourself.

Just think about lighting, for example. Most devs develop a kind of "recipe" for what lighting best suits the atmosphere and they'll create a few rules for orientation so that they'll be able to replicate the same feel to ensure a unity of visuals instead of having stuff that looks off. Now imagine that every time you have a grasp on how to best light something in order to match the existing artwork, you have to go re-familiarize with your rules, check your work against past work, and then trial & error your way to success, because you kept switching out of the workflow every time you were starting to get into the groove. ;)

Reactions: AgentWhackjob

magus448

May 22, 2018
From what's there on his Patreon page it seems like nearly half the update will be about Alex. :(
I'm guessing thats cause the progress goes the fastest with Alex in comparison with the others since Alex already wants and is willing to do sexual things to the MC.

zackiman

Apr 14, 2018
I think it's partly because he is willing, but he also updated on the "wild" before and now he's focused on Alex. The best thing is that a developer advances each character a little, although it focuses on one by giving users some sex scene in each update, not like others who advance all and up to a year you don't see a nipple.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

Instead of celebrating all those winter holidays, I was in deep mourning. It was the pinnacle of grief that happened to me the last Autumn. And it seemed like the shortest Autumn in my life, even if you add December to it. I can't believe it's only a coincidence. I've been cursed, or we've been cursed. A lot of small bad things kept coming one after another. But now I lost the most important and closest person. Together with hope and goal.
Of course, the life goes on, and the time will cure everything.
It means new way of life for me. Because I have one person less to take care of. And it was taking all my time and mood recently. Still, there was a hope till the very end. We even arranger surgery for January 2nd. But it's too late.
Going back to normal. Desperately trying, at least. Finishing update. Combining short intermediate scenes.
It's almost done.
I'm really sorry.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shuchetan

Aug 13, 2017

Instead of celebrating all those winter holidays, I was in deep mourning. It was the pinnacle of grief that happened to me the last Autumn. And it seemed like the shortest Autumn in my life, even if you add December to it. I can't believe it's only a coincidence. I've been cursed, or we've been cursed. A lot of small bad things kept coming one after another. But now I lost the most important and closest person. Together with hope and goal.
Of course, the life goes on, and the time will cure everything.
It means new way of life for me. Because I have one person less to take care of. And it was taking all my time and mood recently. Still, there was a hope till the very end. We even arranger surgery for January 2nd. But it's too late.
Going back to normal. Desperately trying, at least. Finishing update. Combining short intermediate scenes.
It's almost done.
I'm really sorry.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh Man!!

I understand completely. This last year has been a very big year of loss for me too. I lost 3 very precious people in my life too. In a span of 6 months my mother and father in law passed away. Simple but great people whom I was very close to. Another friend too who was a great inspiration to me.

Remember that life goes on and there are others who need you, may they be friends, family or just someone you know. Remember that they have always loved you and are still somewhere hoping for your best.

My heartfelt condolences Man!

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Regardless of the delay, the renders look very good. That might be the best looking city i've seen in a game. Although, I'm not really paying much attention to whats going on in the background when I'm playing. Either way, really looking forward to it.

Jan 11, 2017
Damn, the curse of patreon stikes yet another dev, every time I want to make my very own game I remember this curse and all sorta misfortune that will come shortly after. I might find that I got an incurable illness, losing my vision and hearing, I might lose my pet, parent, partner, friend and my pets pet. So I'll probably wait till I'm at the end of my life before making any of my ideas a reality.

4.40 star(s) 92 Votes