Java Completed Girls Hostel: Elisa in Trouble [v1.0.0a] [KahVegZul]

3.80 star(s) 8 Votes

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
didnt help its starting and its turning down in 1 sec
This can only mean that there is no error since it was designed to pause only if error.
I will post version that pauses in any case as last attempt - if this will not show anything then I don't know.
Here it is:

Aila

Jul 10, 2018
compatible with all Windows versions, both 32 and 64 bit that I made.
I included Java and made a proper executable to launch it for the game, so it should work even if you don't have Java correctly installed in your OS.
Ну слава богу, наконец то гром грянул!!Ah thank God, finally the a bolt from struck!!

Reactions: ustar

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
compatible with all Windows versions, both 32 and 64 bit that I made.
I included Java and made a proper executable to launch it for the game, so it should work even if you don't have Java correctly installed in your OS.
Ну слава богу, наконец то гром грянул!!Ah thank God, finally the a bolt from struck!!
Dziękuję za uznanie :) Thanks for appreciation of my work :)

Korr

Jun 28, 2017
Hmm, I always get a game over at day 60. I had more than enough to pay the weekly debt, and yet I lost anyway. Any idea if what is going wrong?

• Sad
Reactions: sho'nuff

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Since it's Java, does it work on mac?
yes it does. you should be able to double-click on the .Jar file that is included in the .zip download (I don't think I needed to download anything, but I don't remember for certain.)

Oct 16, 2017
; <- that symbol inside the folder name of the game will - in my experience - stop the game from launching.

Oh my god... All that fuss over the game not starting, - even with correctly installed Java and anything else needed to play the game, - just because of one simple symbol I had used in my folder, ";" that symbol in the folder name is the only reason why the game wouldn't launch xD

Oct 16, 2017
Unofficial Girls Hostel v1.0.0a compatible with all Windows versions, both 32 and 64 bit that I made - ustar.
Though this thing should be made by developer - I don't have money from this.
Weird developer fangle.
Here is a link for my version:
UPDATE with runtime check "GH-CHK.BAT" - it will show a message if something is broken:
That, or - as I have just found out - simply remove any ; symbols from the folder name that the game is in.
That's literally the only thing I did, and the game would finally start xD

Reactions: Githype

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
That, or - as I have just found out - simply remove any ; symbols from the folder name that the game is in.
That's literally the only thing I did, and the game would finally start xD
Thanks for sharing information, I didn't thought about that, but generally for file or folder names is better to use only letters and numbers and avoid special characters like ;:"$%^&*<>,?/\| since they are either unsupported by filesystem or can be used in programming language. ; is the later case.

Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for sharing information, I didn't thought about that, but generally for file or folder names is better to use only letters and numbers and avoid special characters like ;:"$%^&*<>,?/\| since they are either unsupported by filesystem or can be used in programming language. ; is the later case.
; is the only symbol close to : that the folder and file names support on Windows, and it just seems much more aestethically pleasing to the eye than "Wanda - the girl who could - because she was strong."
In that example I used, I'd rather have it "Wanda; The girl who could - because she was strong." or "Wanda - the girl who could; because she was strong." (most likely going for the former than the later in my case.)

Although in any case, this game is the only program, game, or otherwise, that I have noticed doesn't like the folder name including the ; symbol, that's why I hadn't thought it mattered at all.
What prompted me to find out what was causing the issue, was that I had had some games in the past that required the game files be in the folder that it had been compressed into a zip while with, and wouldn't work if renaming the folder or moving the game files outside of the folder.

So, I unzipped the game files and moved them first to my desktop directly, not using the folder the game files had been in when unzipped. The game worked fine.
Then unzipped the game into the folder it had come in when unzipped. The game worked fine.
This is when I decided to test my theory of renaming the folder while including the ; symbol. The game didn't work.
So there I had it, for some confusing reason, this game in particular, just didn't like the ; symbol at all, and wouldn't work unless it was removed from the folder name.

So, taking from my own personal experience of having downloaded probably over 150 games and running all of them without fault, many of which had included ; symbol in the folder name when I renamed the folder, I don't understand how this game should be any different.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
The ";" character in java and other programming languages signifies the end of a line of code. I don't think it's the Windows file system with an issue but it could be an issue with Java in general or maybe with just the coder's implementation and how they handle the string that's the file name.

Reactions: Astra Starwalker
Oct 16, 2017
... or maybe with just the coder's implementation and how they handle the string that's the file name.
Well, given how I haven't had similar issues with any other Java programs in the past, I think it has to do - and this is from a non-coder point of view - with the coder's implementation, as you mentioned. Otherwise, I'd be having similar problems all over the place, since I always keep Java up to date as soon as a new update release.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
nope still nothing
Please download version I made and posted here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/girls-hostel-elisa-in-trouble-v1-0-0a-kahvegzul.13757/post-1929354
Then unpack it in the root of your programs drive, for example D:\
Then go to D:\GH-100A\ and run the game with GH-CHK.BAT (if any problem arise like executable error or OpenGL warning then it will show in cmd window)
It must work, I tested it on both Windows 7 and Windows XP by network share and it works!

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 8 Votes