bloombee

Sep 16, 2017
Im stuck here can someone help?
I placed all cams
I came to ask for this too.

This is the most grindy and bull--- game I've ever played but somehow I can't seem to stop playing it, hopefully, they never ever update this so that I won't have to sit in a chair doing nothing but the same crap for 8 hours.

Reactions: dickermax

-zoneout-

Dec 7, 2018
Saves are encrypted and won't work if shared, so please do not ask for save files!
Hopefully this comment wasnt directed to my post, unless you didnt read my post.

I don't understand why you can't save. Here are three screen shots showing the save icon, the main menu, and the save page.
I dont know either. It picked up the auto saved from 0.19 or whatever old version I had. But none of the manual saves. When ingame, I can click on the save button, but it doesnt do anything.

Do you have Windows 32 or 64 bits? Saves only work in the 64 bit version
64 bit, win 7. In previous versions, the manual saves were working fine. 0.20 and 0.21 arent working. Does it matter where you put the gaming folder? The game did pick up only the auto saves from the older version. So I guess placement doesnt matter.

Save not working. Just autosave.
Good to see Im not the only one. I hope someone can give us things to try and id what the issue is.

Reactions: jerry03

zero987

Apr 13, 2019
i would be very thankfull if someone could help me, i need to buy a laptop in order to see the comitee page but clicking the red text box of the cheapest laptop does not work , so if the red button doesnt work how does one buy the laptop

tontoman

May 4, 2017
64 bit, win 7. In previous versions, the manual saves were working fine. 0.20 and 0.21 arent working. Does it matter where you put the gaming folder? The game did pick up only the auto saves from the older version. So I guess placement doesnt matter.

Good to see Im not the only one. I hope someone can give us things to try and id what the issue is.
64/32 bit doesn't matter. Save work fine on my W7 32 old laptop fine.

Saves are going to end up on the system drive regardless, so probably don't make a difference where you put the game (but always good rule of thumb NOT to put it on the system drive).
c:\users\'username'\appdata\locallow\sandlust games ltd\glamour\

And the game does some screwy shit with encoding it based of your windows install ID. So BTW, if you changed OS between plays you're probably toast.
Hence the nasty hack needed to transfer saves (there IS a transfer utility), which is not on the OP due to it's potential issues (I'm assuming).

Anyway, something to try. Make a backup of everything in the mentioned DIR, put it somewhere else. Then delete everything in that save dir. Now start the game and start a NEW game. That should be your only option actually as you don't have any saves now.
See if saving now works. If so, now copy some of the save files back (not the whole save dir, might be some install setup crap in there). Then see if they load/and or you can still save using those loads.

If you want to risk it, you can always new game and use the save transfer util to not have to redo everything. Just RTFM when you use it. It's also probably your only fix if you've upgraded the OS or anything that changes the OS install ID from the sound of it. And iirc, you can possible convert it back by running the save game transfer, load the imported the save in game, change the install ID back to original while the game is running, then make a new save and thus have a save using your original OS install ID.

Edit: A thought, if cleaning out the save dir and start a new game still doesn't allow you to save. Going through the registry and killing anything with Glamour or Sandlust games might be required.

Last edited:
Reactions: -zoneout-

-zoneout-

Dec 7, 2018
64/32 bit doesn't matter. Save work fine on my W7 32 old laptop fine.

Saves are going to end up on the system drive regardless, so probably don't make a difference where you put the game (but always good rule of thumb NOT to put it on the system drive).
c:\users\'username'\appdata\locallow\sandlust games ltd\glamour\

And the game does some screwy shit with encoding it based of your windows install ID. So BTW, if you changed OS between plays you're probably toast.
Hence the nasty hack needed to transfer saves (there IS a transfer utility), which is not on the OP due to it's potential issues (I'm assuming).

Anyway, something to try. Make a backup of everything in the mentioned DIR, put it somewhere else. Then delete everything in that save dir. Now start the game and start a NEW game. That should be your only option actually as you don't have any saves now.
See if saving now works. If so, now copy some of the save files back (not the whole save dir, might be some install setup crap in there). Then see if they load/and or you can still save using those loads.

If you want to risk it, you can always new game and use the save transfer util to not have to redo everything. Just RTFM when you use it. It's also probably your only fix if you've upgraded the OS or anything that changes the OS install ID from the sound of it. And iirc, you can possible convert it back by running the save game transfer, load the imported the save in game, change the install ID back to original while the game is running, then make a new save and thus have a save using your original OS install ID.

Edit: A thought, if cleaning out the save dir and start a new game still doesn't allow you to save. Going through the registry and killing anything with Glamour or Sandlust games might be required.

Thanks for the reply. I cut out the kate save folder and started a new game. The game made a new kate save folder but when I tried to save, still nothing. Ive moved my files back.

I did not change the OS or any hardware since the last time I played when the saving worked. Im not sure how to get to the registry part.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I cut out the kate save folder and started a new game. The game made a new kate save folder but when I tried to save, still nothing. Ive moved my files back.

I did not change the OS or any hardware since the last time I played when the saving worked. Im not sure how to get to the registry part.
REGEDIT.EXE (help link below). Bit of reading, but this is good stuff to know anyway.

BACKUP the registery FIRST by doing an export.

You can search for sandlust, or goto the below. If you played BB, you'll see entries for Sandlust Games without the LTD bit, leave those.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Sandlust Games LTD

Inside this is a whole bunch of Glamor info, game setup info, unity ids, pledge info etc. I'd delete this Sandlust Games LTD to start fresh. Do this, save the registry, restart windows (just to make sure), and then do the new game thing again. As I never had the problem, I haven't done this. But if I did, this is the next step I'd try. It's all trying to get a fresh run of the game.

tontoman

May 4, 2017
I'm glad you added "that I've ever played" because I was about to point out old-school Dungeons & Dragons PC Games (again). THAT'S grind.
Yeah, but not all grind is created equal. Like killing stuff in fallout 3 say to get money and XP, well blowing limbs off in slow mo never seems to get old. For the D&D there was always getting that better loot also.
But sleeping, going to school, working etc. and clicking those buttons to do so (which has no entertainment value in itself) just because you something once per day, that does get old.

Now it could get better once it's fully done. It was mentioned that the side stuff that could happen (as it's open world) isn't added yet, so burning through a 10 day story line say is dull as nothing happens while you're burning through those days. And that would improve if other side lines (or just random) stuff would happen. But for now it's the worst of grind.

MRC

Jun 19, 2017

Had the same problem just now, fixed it by deleting both the sandlust folder in appdata\locallow (make sure to backup the folder somewhere else first) and the game folder (where the .exe is), then reinstall the game an run it, start a new game and see if you can save, if yes then move your save from the appdata backup to the newly created one (the folder inside the saves one should have different characters but it didn't affect my ability to load the old saves).

Hope this works for you

Tim4352

Jan 24, 2020
Does anyone else have an issue purchasing a laptop??? I can go to the shop and everything, but cannot actually select to purchase the laptop. Is this a glitch???

Reactions: WK

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Incest is the thing in Big Brother game and I love it. It is very sad, that original Big Brother is abandoned and now we have to wait too much new content Max's story. Kate's story have incest too, with two sisters, but I don't like lesbian incest. I like straight incest. Max is guy and I am guy. I can to imagine that I am Max in this game and it is very good thing. So I can idetify Max's position. I can't imagine that I am Kate, because I am man, no woman.

Original Big Brother is best incest game ever what I'm ever seen. This new Big Brother is good too and I hope that we can really change gamesettings that Max call Ann like "mom" as in the original Big Brother. If he can't, it is harder imagine that Ann is Max's mom in this new game.

I really hate that incest is forbidden in Patreon. It is very strange too. This game is fiction, no real life.
Ahh, the unspoiled innocence. Reminds me of first time I opened my first kinder egg.

drlmnz

Aug 24, 2016
sooooo... if you play as the male mc, this is basically a much shorter version of bb and thats it?
i see a lot more quests as the female mc in the walkthrough.

• Angry
Reactions: muschi123

turonigo

Jul 2, 2017
Here is solution to save-problem:
- delete ALL registry enrties with "SandLust" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\
- copy somewhere c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd\glamour\saves
- delete folder c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd
- run game, start new and save it, close game
- copy your old save files named slot# to folder c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Sandlust Games Ltd\glamour\saves\<some_hex-code_name_foldef>\kate\ or \max\

This checked by myself and worked.

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
sooooo... if you play as the male mc, this is basically a much shorter version of bb and thats it?
i see a lot more quests as the female mc in the walkthrough.

Gee, do you think it might have something to do with making a remake of DS's first abandoned game, that has a female only protagonist, then throwing in a gender-swap version of her that is later replaced with another remake of DS's other abandoned game
?

Of course, not to forget that DS also later implemented a ratio of 2:1 in updates for Kate... Another highly likely contributing factor.

2.60 star(s) 183 Votes