Jimmybob

Apr 30, 2018
Can anyone explain this shitty game to me?

Do we (pirates) only have access to the 0.1/0.2 version despite it being on the 0.5 version currently?

Reactions: Hunter69

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017

Today I want to talk about flirting mechanic we're planning for 0.5. For now it will only be available in college, but eventually it will work in other locations and situations.
So, flirting. Eventually Kate won't know how to do it and you'll need to unlock it by learning the skill from one of the characters. I want to avoid spoilers, so I'll only tell you it's going to be related to the main storyline. More specifically, investigating what is really going on in college.

Flirt is a skill you'll improve as you use it. Leveling it up in 0.5 will be quick and easy, so it won't be grindy. We'll work on balancing the progression in the future. Once you reach a certain point, you'll be able to learn another trick, which will make flirting more effective. Then you'll learn another trick from a third character, and so for. Eventually Kate will have an arsenal of trick available for flirting.

One of the characters will tell Kate she can unbutton top of her shirt a bit, it will increase flirting leveling speed. Another will say Kate can "accidentally" fall into some guy's hands. It might be more risky than you think, thought :)

The game will also have a communication skill. I'll tell you more about it in the future, but it will synergize with flirting nicely. Whenever Kate starts flirting, players will see text showing how NPC reacts on it. If communication skill is low, then the information will be unreliable. For example, if an NPC is not in the mood (we'll add mood parameter with communication skill) you should leave them alone or they might have negative reaction to your actions. But if Kate's communication skill is low, she won't know that until it's too late. Also, communication skill will show NPC's reactions on particular skill tricks. Take goodbye hugs, for example. Some characters won't like invasion of their private space and some will be happy with opportunity to touch as much of Kate's body as they can. We probably won't be able to implement communication skill in 0.5, but we'll definitely add it into the game at some point and it will be useful in many other situations, like persuasion.

Originally you won't be able to flirt with straight girls. All guys will be heterosexual, so you'll always be able to flirt with them (with some cooldown, of course). In the future we'll add an option to make straight girls more adventurous and open to experimentation, but even now there are a couple of girls who are already open to flirting.

We're also aiming to implement main parameters you see on the screen all the time: hunger, energy, arousal. Last one will also be responsible for having flirting available.

Alice <3

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017

upload_2018-7-22_15-15-6.jpeg

We're reading all your comments, even if we don't answer them right away.

Yesterday you brought up inability to skip through dialog with clicking left mouse button. We wanted to add this feature for a long time, but it was always a low priority and we kept doing something else instead. We finally added it in 0.5.

Also, we want to implement an option to return to all possible conversation topics after first dialog with an NPC. It's one of those little things that isn't really all that important in on itself, but a bunch of them quickly add up and can drastically change how enjoyable the game is.

We probably won't do it in 0.5, but we're still planning to add more dialog settings I've talked about before. Speed, showing the entire dialog right away, maybe font size, etc.

If you have any ideas, I welcome you to share them in the comment section. We'll definitely implement good ideas.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I want to see new shops damn it, not some chicks, DS turned me into store/shop fetishist, next preview better be from a car mechanics shop or I won't pledge.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
I want to see new shops damn it, not some chicks, DS turned me into store/shop fetishist, next preview better be from a car mechanics shop or I won't pledge.
Why would Kate own a car? Kate and Julia are already strapped for money as it is...why would Kate make the money situation worse?

unless you mean a job opportunity for Kate

thekom

Sep 26, 2017
Has anyone actually moved beyond the 082-C form stage? Yesterday night I thought it was a limitation of 0.2 and supported via Pateron to get 0.4 (5$) support and restarted the complete game and still stuck there
me too, did you figure it out??? please tell me how, thanks

thekom

Sep 26, 2017
(Version 0.4) Can anyone help me, i have met the nurse and am waiting on the 'form', ive sunbathed and want to learn more about the neighbour and i cant talk to Julie about the basement. Can anyone help with the progression? (or a walk through?)
do you figure it out ? i'm stocked too,if you did,please tell me . thanks

thekom

Sep 26, 2017

Today I'm going to tell you about the bulk of the educational process, the lessons.
If Kate made her homework (either by herself of by copying someone else's homework), you can skip either the entire day or particular classes. This will mean skipping all possible events and it will give medium amount of knowledge. You shouldn't do it too often because a) you might skip interesting events, b) it's a great opportunity to chat with your classmates and teachers, improve your relationships, and c) if you can answer questions on lessons, you'll be able to improve your grades.

Here's the college schedule:

• College opens at 7:30.
  • 8:00 - 9:20 — first lesson. Every day will have two lessons taught by two different teachers.
  • 9:20 - 9:40 — first break. You can go to the hall or stay in the classroom.
  • 9:40 - 11:00 — second lesson.
Then there will be a bigger, longer second break and then there's PE. Either normal physical education in a gym or swimming. PE won't be ready in 0.5.

On breaks between lessons Kate can talk or try to flirt with other characters, but I'll tell you about flirting mechanic in another post. Kate can try to copy someone else's homework if she hasn't done hers. And if she did do her homework, she can share it with others to improve their relationships. In the future the game will factor in students grades so straight A students won't be copying homework from morons :)

Now let's finally talk about lessons. In the beginning of a first class teacher will check homework. If someone hasn't done theirs, they'll be punished in according to the college rules. For now the rule is neutral and there's no punishments at all. Once we implement college committee, we'll add the first level — staying after classes. Next punishment levels will be physical.

After homework check players can choose their action for the class (once there's an option to sit someone at your desk, you'll be able to interact with them too), skip the class and get average grades, or try to answer some question to improve grades for the class.

0.5 should have checks for history, chemistry, math, and physics (hopefully). You can see chemistry and history examples below.

Math questions will be generating dynamically and will be mostly testing attention. We don't have physics questions yet, so they might not be in 0.5.

Again, you don't have to complete any tests, they are completely optional. You can keep average grades, or you can get better or worse. All options have good and bad sides. If Kate has good grades, students will ask about copying homework more often, which is good for relationships. Or maybe someone might ask Kate to tutor them at their houses. And if Kate's grades are bad, then you'll be able to ask someone to tutor you. Or maybe hire a professional (one of the teachers). Tutoring is a complicated mechanic, though, we'll add it in the future updates.

We'll keep working on educational process and making it more interesting.
an anyone help me, i have met the nurse and am waiting on the 'form', ive sunbathed and want to learn more about the neighbour and i cant talk to Julie about the basement. Can anyone help with the progression? (or a walk through?)

2.60 star(s) 184 Votes