battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
New
-"I kinda enjoyed it. \n[You'll be able to romantically engage with Males and Females.]":
Old
-"I kinda enjoyed it. \n[You'll only be able to romantically engage with Males.]":
I don't think this is working as intended.
When I get to "Drunken Accidents" on the human route
1) If I choose Female only I take Leatrix home and can stay with her to start her route
2) If I choose Males and Females then it lets me choose between Rheiner or Nyx to go home with and start their route.
shouldn't I be able to choose between all three at this point?

May 3, 2022
I don't think this is working as intended.
When I get to "Drunken Accidents" on the human route
1) If I choose Female only I take Leatrix home and can stay with her to start her route
2) If I choose Males and Females then it lets me choose between Rheiner or Nyx to go home with and start their route.
shouldn't I be able to choose between all three at this point?
No, they aren't giving you full range it's just clarifying the fact that every route has an unavoidable straight sex part. Personally I'd prefer they just gave the full range of options and allowed for more optional interactions throughout as the game already has multiple routes that you have to replay for without also needing to replay each scene in gallery to get the full experience.

Reactions: battali0n

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
No, they aren't giving you full range it's just clarifying the fact that every route has an unavoidable straight sex part. Personally I'd prefer they just gave the full range of options and allowed for more optional interactions throughout as the game already has multiple routes that you have to replay for without also needing to replay each scene in gallery to get the full experience.
I was afraid of that. I already started drawing a route map to keep track of all the branching. There is really a lot. I wonder why they make it more difficult than necessary? I would think that the choice to choose female or male love interests would be intuitive and simplify things greatly. The scene in the bar I was referring to would need very little rewriting to make it work. Maybe it is more complicated on another route I haven't played yet.

Reactions: Nessiah
May 3, 2022
I mean I get why they are doing it the way they have. I'm sure it makes things easier on the writers to do it this way, and it future proofs them for scenes later on where I suspect it will have more impact (kind of like how the choice determined the gender of a certain character early in the story, it probably will have more impact later on too). But given this game will heavily appeal to futa and bi fans it does feel odd to have such a binary choice in the game. I suspect the majority of fans will be open to sex with both genders in the game.

It's probably a symptom of the visual novel format, trying to structure the game into branching routes. As good as the animations and overarching story telling is I find the sex scenes a bit oddly forced into the story. They have the overworld map where you select the next quest, I feel like most of the sex scenes should be side steps there that you can select with full transparency of who and what you're doing.

Last edited:

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
That was a constant complaint in the beginning and probably the number 1 reason people dropped the game.

Personally, I just made a text replacement mod that replaces 23*3(!) words with their female/futa counter-part.
It's not ideal, because MC is a she now, but its much better than a woman with huge tits being called "Lord" and "he".

The good story was worth the effort for me.
I just hope there won't be any new male words in future updates.
It's just the fantasy world where the story takes place, it's not supposed to be our own.

Y'know, I wonder why they even bother with gender when the "men" and women are pretty much exactly the same except for their genitals, and the fact that people have to wear some piece of clothing broadcasting what they have in their pants feels especially dumb. If everyone's going to be some hot chick capable of growing tiddies who the fuck cares if you've got a dick or a pussy? The fact that there's characters who present themselves extremely feminine but get referred to as "men" with masculine pronouns just because they've got a schlong just doesn't sit right with me.
If they all are indistinguishable, why wouldn't they have a tag?

"who the fuck cares if you've got a dick or a pussy?"

Everyone who isn't gay? Such a shit take.
Not everyone fucks a hole when there is one.

Considering this is fantasy first and foremost, how would you look for a partner in this world if you didn't have those identifiers? Based on how they present themselves? How they act? As you yourself said, some act feminine and are still guys, just like our world. And the fact that a feminine-acting man bothers you to the point it doesn't sit right and we shouldn't call them men?! Damn your effeminiphobia is peeking out.

If they all look the same you can't know if they are female or male.

AelphysTerra

May 13, 2020
I dunno, it's rather amusing to me that we let things like elves being oppressed and goblins raping women slide in an adult fantasy setting but the thought of a human-like race where everyone gets boobs is where some people draw the line.

Plus our MC's the most masculine looking character in the entire setting, does that count for something?

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
So this thread's endless argument is gonna be about how the men aren't built like Jason Momoa, huh ?

I guess people really are too fucking thick-skulled to just accept that a fantasy universe doesn't have to be a 100% replica of reality... :KEK:

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
If they all are indistinguishable, why wouldn't they have a tag?

"who the fuck cares if you've got a dick or a pussy?"

Everyone who isn't gay? Such a shit take.
Not everyone fucks a hole when there is one.

Considering this is fantasy first and foremost, how would you look for a partner in this world if you didn't have those identifiers? Based on how they present themselves? How they act?
Why does "gay" even exist in a fantasy society where, for all intents and purposes, they should've eliminated "gender" entirely? If you're going to make sexes nigh-indistinguishable except for their genitals, then I think it's stupid to go out of their way to still separate people into "male" and "female."
Instead, the fact that you have to wear something strictly identifying you as "male" even if you've got huge tits and wear nothing but feminine clothing almost feels like a bad TERF joke.
As you yourself said, some act feminine and are still guys, just like our world. And the fact that a feminine-acting man bothers you to the point it doesn't sit right and we shouldn't call them men?! Damn your effeminiphobia is peeking out.
Feminine men aren't my issue, lol. You're talking to someone whose (male) Final Fantasy XIV character wears lipstick and eyeshadow, and my best friend irl wears heels and makeup. Maybe if there were like, regular masculine-bodied dudes in the setting who actually present in a masculine fashion alongside masculine-bodied dudes who are just effeminate, it'd be one thing, but I just don't see a point in still retaining a strict definition of "male" and "female" when literally everyone has a woman's body.
So this thread's endless argument is gonna be about how the men aren't built like Jason Momoa, huh ?
That's... really not my issue though. My issue is that these "men" are literally just women with dicks and it's stupid to still call them "men."
I guess people really are too fucking thick-skulled to just accept that a fantasy universe doesn't have to be a 100% replica of reality... :KEK:
If anything, this fantasy universe is tied too heavily to old-fashioned real-life ways of thinking where your genitals determine what people call you.

Reactions: Asmodeus34
May 3, 2022
Are you really getting bent out of shape about a fantasy world that does not prohibit or forbid homosexual relations but favors heterosexual? Any pre-modern medicine society HAS to focus on heterosexual relations for the purpose of producing enough offspring to survive as a society and species. It takes a lot of attempts to successfully carry a pregnancy to term without modern medicine, and a lot of women don't survive the effort. Magic and mages are rare, you can't just magic everything as an excuse. At some point you're expecting the authors to just bend every rule and make their world completely unrealistic just to suit your personal tastes. This world has minimal stigmatism towards homosexual relations, be appreciative of that.

That came off harsher than I intended, but all the same this fantasy world would simply be unbelievable if there were no methods of gender identification. If they were full futa/herm with both reproductive genitals or some other configuration, or if it were a futuristic world, that could be different.

Last edited:

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Are you really getting bent out of shape about a fantasy world that does not prohibit or forbid homosexual relations but favors heterosexual? Any pre-modern medicine society HAS to focus on heterosexual relations for the purpose of producing enough offspring to survive as a society and species. It takes a lot of attempts to successfully carry a pregnancy to term without modern medicine, and a lot of women don't survive the effort. Magic and mages are rare, you can't just magic everything as an excuse. At some point you're expecting the authors to just bend every rule and make their world completely unrealistic just to suit your personal tastes. This world has minimal stigmatism towards homosexual relations, be appreciative of that.

That came off harsher than I intended, but all the same this fantasy world would simply be unbelievable if there were no methods of gender identification. If they were full futa/herm with both reproductive genitals or some other configuration, or if it were a futuristic world, that could be different.
I guess you have some fair points, but also I don't really see sex between a woman with a vagina and a woman with a penis as "heterosexual."
I still just don't really get why they have to use real-world gender terms for "person with dick" and "person with vagina" if both of them are virtually indistinguishable from the other. Maybe if everyone used feminine pronouns and they had a different terminology for their penis-having-women, probably one original to the setting, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Call them "seedbearers" or some shit, make them wear the stupid colors designating them as such if really necessary, I just don't care for "this beautiful person with a very feminine presentation is a man referred to with he/him pronouns just because they have a dick, society deems it so."

May 3, 2022
Ah, is it the pronouns that really bother you? I can understand that. I think the problem is with a game like this devs want to be crystal clear what kind of content is in the game. Especially when English is not necessarily your native language you really don't want to risk being ambiguous and surprising players (or potentially backers even).

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
That's... really not my issue though. My issue is that these "men" are literally just women with dicks and it's stupid to still call them "men."

If anything, this fantasy universe is tied too heavily to old-fashioned real-life ways of thinking where your genitals determine what people call you.
My guy, never look into the trans community then. That would shatter your feeble mind. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
My guy, never look into the trans community then. That would shatter your feeble mind. :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:
I think you're misunderstanding me? I already know a lot about trans people, and I'd like to consider myself an ally. If anything, I'm saying that this game feels transphobic in an odd way because of the ultra-strict society that is presented, where regardless of how you dress and present, you're forced to use specific pronouns and wear some form of identification entirely based on your genitals, like how dumbass TERFs constantly misgender trans people (mostly trans women) and spout nonsense about how "they can always tell" and wanting to "keep men out of women's spaces."

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I think you're misunderstanding me? I already know a lot about trans people, and I'd like to consider myself an ally. If anything, I'm saying that this game feels transphobic in an odd way because of the ultra-strict society that is presented, where regardless of how you dress and present, you're forced to use specific pronouns and wear some form of identification entirely based on your genitals, like how dumbass TERFs constantly misgender trans people (mostly trans women) and spout nonsense about how "they can always tell" and wanting to "keep men out of women's spaces."
Well the theme of the universe isn't self-identification. All it has is a replacement of the classical physical markers of male characters to something more closely ressembling female physical markers, with the exception of genitals. You'll notice that many other games don't brush the subject of transidentity (good thing I guess given the amount of transphobes on this website alone...) and just take the basics of male and female physical markers.
It's not so much TERF rhetoric as it is that this made up universe has no trans people, no gender dysphoria, etc. As for the part on wearing markers, something tells me it's very likely more to quickly explain and dismiss a point made to help the player understand how the universe's inhabitants can tell each appart when both sexes' physical markers are basically identical aside from those that aren't on full display constantly.

But in essence, yes, you are right in the implication that some trans girls keep their dicks and aren't less girls (come at me with your facepalm reactions, transphobes, feed my reaction count, make me stronger :KEK:).

Edit : Ho and I do apologize if I misunderstood what you meant. Tends to happen with english not being my native language and all.

May 3, 2022
Yeah Chrys mentioned start of the month this would be the missing gallery content that couldn't get done in time for the main patch, plus another attempt at the Android version.

3.80 star(s) 26 Votes