Tir

Apr 16, 2017
If I activate the tutorial, I can't seem to continue after adding skills (Or if I open the char panels and added skills even before the tutorial reaches that part)

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
If I activate the tutorial, I can't seem to continue after adding skills (Or if I open the char panels and added skills even before the tutorial reaches that part)
Hmm... Trying to replicate that, I did run into a different bug where holding the mouse down on the characters caused the tutorial to advance even though I hadn't done what it told me to do (setting the knights to explore), causing it to get stuck on the next turn.

And... Yup, it seems to get stuck on that same part that you mentioned. But wait, what if I... Aha! Try turning Compact UI off, and then hit the button on the bottom it tells you to hit. Since the new Compact UI removes that button (despite allowing you to open the window by clicking the character panel), it can't be progressed.

Also, it seems the tutorial is treating every room as a safe room when you rest instead of sending the knights back to base.

Jiua55

Oct 6, 2022
On Alpha 14, it crashes when I try to research curses. (Some other stuff too but curses were the major gameplay block)

Replication
Research -> select curse -> begin research
Time passes
Click research again -> game crash

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
On Alpha 14, it crashes when I try to research curses. (Some other stuff too but curses were the major gameplay block)

Replication
Research -> select curse -> begin research
Time passes
Click research again -> game crash
This has been fixed already, but some of the download links seem to have the wrong version of the game. Pick up the version from It lists the same version number, but it's not actually the same.

Tir

Apr 16, 2017
Stack overflow inside dungeon

The event stack size exceeded 100! This PROBABLY means that some combination of effects is causing an infinite loop.
This probably would have crashed the game, but it has been forcibly cut off here instead. The following is a copyable list of the 5 most recent CCTs on the stack. You should report this information along with any other context you can add.

Check Type: CHANGE_TRACKER_VALUE
Character class: AllyToken
Information: {amount:[{operation:+, value:%status_tracker%SEC_Masturbation_Strength}, {operation:+, value:1}], room:[Reference:2023571], source:[Reference:2040157], source_character:mad:AllyToken@45697:[KinematicBody2D:2023962], tracker:SEC_Masturbation_Strength, triggered_by:[Reference:2067771], type:status}

Information: {amount:[{operation:+, value:%status_tracker%SEC_Masturbation_Strength}, {operation:+, value:1}], room:[Reference:2023571], source:[Reference:2040157], source_character:mad:AllyToken@45697:[KinematicBody2D:2023962], tracker:SEC_Masturbation_Strength, triggered_by:[Reference:2067769], type:status}

Information: {amount:[{operation:+, value:%status_tracker%SEC_Masturbation_Strength}, {operation:+, value:1}], room:[Reference:2023571], source:[Reference:2040157], source_character:mad:AllyToken@45697:[KinematicBody2D:2023962], tracker:SEC_Masturbation_Strength, triggered_by:[Reference:2067767], type:status}

Information: {amount:[{operation:+, value:%status_tracker%SEC_Masturbation_Strength}, {operation:+, value:1}], room:[Reference:2023571], source:[Reference:2040157], source_character:mad:AllyToken@45697:[KinematicBody2D:2023962], tracker:SEC_Masturbation_Strength, triggered_by:[Reference:2067765], type:status}

Information: {amount:[{operation:+, value:%status_tracker%SEC_Masturbation_Strength}, {operation:+, value:1}], room:[Reference:2023571], source:[Reference:2040157], source_character:mad:AllyToken@45697:[KinematicBody2D:2023962], tracker:SEC_Masturbation_Strength, triggered_by:[Reference:2067763], type:status}

Eidolic

Jun 11, 2019
Are "Possible Desire Changes" linked to the requirements for the curses? I'm having some trouble getting the last couple of scenes, mainly because I can't get the curses I need on the characters (Exhibitionist/Vainglory) and I don't know if I'm just unlucky or there's something I'm missing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Are "Possible Desire Changes" linked to the requirements for the curses? I'm having some trouble getting the last couple of scenes, mainly because I can't get the curses I need on the characters (Exhibitionist/Vainglory) and I don't know if I'm just unlucky or there's something I'm missing.
I think some of the curses require you to have desire drives at certain levels, but I'm pretty sure it's not directly linked to the "possible desire changes" (which simply shows what strengthening/weakening the curses will do the the knight's desires) aside from giving you a vague idea of which desire is most closely related to that curse. Some of them also have other requirements, like getting hit by a trance 3 times to be able to get Suggestive, and I'm pretty sure Nature's Reclamation requires you to have had the thorns buff a certain number of times.

But you can also pick up a curse regardless of its requirements at the Eschahn Shrines. If you take the curse/skill point at the end of every floor and always check the shrine, you should have a pretty good chance of getting the curse you want over the course of the run. But yeah, it is one of the tougher types of scenes to unlock due to both the RNG and the uncertainty of the requirements.

Aug 18, 2020
Hello and gratitude! One thing I think about a bit while playing is that I can't look at the whole dungeon map and see where the entrances are at a glance. Is it possible to have a feature where the borders of the rooms change color based on whether or not there is an entrance there? My kneejerk is like red for just wall green for door, but a thick black bar in the existing room borders when there isn't a door would probably also work, so long as the route from one end of the dungeon to the other is made more readable with thick lines and more saturated colors I guess.

Also I don't know if this is intended or not, but exhaustion and lust seem to be way more impactful than injury in terms of corruption breaks, even before all the potential skills to mitigate injury are factored in. (with those I don't think I've ever seen it pass 30). Lust was the biggest issue for me after the first failed run (have no idea how I missed that on the first playthrough something like months ago :p). With the updates for memorizable skills and treasure chests and stuff, lust has become less impactful but remains quite spooky as a threat for corruption breaks that I feel the need to specifically get skills to avoid it. Lust being affected by the bane of non-Chastity playthroughs, Aphrodisiacs, adds to that quite a bit. Hell, even with beelining Chastity lust seemingly requires at least one skill to mitigate with, Heartbreaker for me. Anyway, that tangent about Lust over, Exhaustion is now the spookiest thing to face for me. With Patience it becomes less of a absolute time limit to get the fuck out as it is without, but even then I'm regularly getting the knights hovering around 40+ or 70+ depending on how long the dungeon is and time since last Well Rested. If I didn't have patience I don't think I would make it to the end of the dungeon without Signposting and quite a few (admittedly small) Corruption Breaks. I dunno, just seems like there are few skills to deal with exhaustion that aren't reliant on pushing past the best exhaust heal in the game that is Well Rested.

I guess to add to that second paragraph/ramble, only been doing NG+ for a bit now so if there isn't already a set of pre-memorized skills like First Aid and Patience and maybe Purity?

Thank you for the game any which way, had and continue to have a lot of decent fun with it!

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
I just downloaded from the mega link and I'm getting this crash. Which link should I use?
Despite mega saying that the files would be updated and replaced when I reuploaded the fixed version that had the same name, that turned out to be a lie. It's fixed now but yeah, every other mirror had the fixed version.

I did run into this before release. The tutorial scripting is so annoyingly brittle that it breaks with basically every update. I added a fix for it before release, and can't reproduce it now, but I do know what you're talking about. Given that Rosen could reproduce it but I haven't been hearing a bunch of reports from new players, I THINK it has something to do with override files from old versions interacting with the addition of compact UI mode? I've tried to go in and add more precautions against it in the tutorial scripting, but like I said, I can't reproduce it anymore.

Hmm... Trying to replicate that, I did run into a different bug where holding the mouse down on the characters caused the tutorial to advance even though I hadn't done what it told me to do (setting the knights to explore), causing it to get stuck on the next turn.
I've actually known about this for a while. Like I said, the tutorial is brittle. It's not a good thing to leave it in as a bug, but it's also unlikely to happen to a first time player since they probably wouldn't know about the click hold shortcut.

Also, it seems the tutorial is treating every room as a safe room when you rest instead of sending the knights back to base.
I did not run into this before release, but that's because resting in the tutorial isn't actually mandatory. I have found why it would happen though.

Also I don't know if this is intended or not, but exhaustion and lust seem to be way more impactful than injury in terms of corruption breaks, even before all the potential skills to mitigate injury are factored in.
Yes and no? I could probably give more monsters/traps basic injury damage events, but they wouldn't be sexy and would potentially be lessening the occurrence of actual sexy things.

But yes in general the design intention is:
Exhaustion is an ever present threat that is constantly ticking upward through actions
Because a full 10 turns of resting heals 30 exhaustion, you're essentially budgeted 10 exhaustion per threat
10 exhaustion means 3 attacks/disarms with any more than that (plus the exhaustion gain from getting back to the safe room) putting you over that budget, requiring some form of mitigation or going below budget later to make up the difference
Assuming those things don't happen, the exhaustion sticks for the rest of the floor
Exhaustion lowers Reflex more than anything else
Lower reflex means getting hit by more traps
More trap hits means more damage of other types
Other damage means lower other stats
Lower other stats makes the problem worse as you become even more likely to go over exhaustion budget and corruption builds up and so on and so forth

So yes, exhaustion mitigation is very powerful because exhaustion is designed to be unavoidable and get worse over the course of a floor (which makes sense when you think about it).

I guess to add to that second paragraph/ramble, only been doing NG+ for a bit now so if there isn't already a set of pre-memorized skills like First Aid and Patience and maybe Purity?
There was an "All Allies start with Purity" new game+ option before, but it was far too strong because Purity is just really really good. I'll have to think about how best to do options for starting skills.

Reactions: Robotninja

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I did run into this before release. The tutorial scripting is so annoyingly brittle that it breaks with basically every update. I added a fix for it before release, and can't reproduce it now, but I do know what you're talking about. Given that Rosen could reproduce it but I haven't been hearing a bunch of reports from new players, I THINK it has something to do with override files from old versions interacting with the addition of compact UI mode? I've tried to go in and add more precautions against it in the tutorial scripting, but like I said, I can't reproduce it anymore.
If you need a meta file that's in a state that can reproduce it (assuming that's where the issue is carried), I've included mine.

There was an "All Allies start with Purity" new game+ option before, but it was far too strong because Purity is just really really good. I'll have to think about how best to do options for starting skills.
Maybe some sort of mutually exclusive "starting builds" that you can unlock over the course of the game? Kind of like selecting your class in some other rogue-lites. One thing I've felt the game could use more of is stuff that gets added to NG+ through meeting specific criteria rather than just getting enough KP, like having the option to change Lucette's starting skillset to a more magic-oriented one if you've completed her magic studies storyline, or having some sort of slime-themed skillset (??) by seeing a certain number of different events involving slimes, or something like that. Maybe even some KP-exclusive skills that can't be learned naturally or from scrolls...? ...Ooooooh, what if the entire concept of "exclusive skills" was that they weren't tied just to a character, but to that character's class? So if you start the game with Lucette as a Magic Knight instead of a Holy Knight, she loses access to stuff like Inspiring and Cooperator but gains access to new exclusives, and maybe starts with the Easily Stimulated curse embraced. (Actually, including a pre-embraced curse could be its own counterbalance to starting with purity.) This could also help with the bloated skill pool, by making more of them class-exclusive. Maybe we could also get stuff that affects the dialogue, like starting Raine in a Hypnoslave class that-- Ack, sorry, I'm running off on a tangent again.

But really, starting out with Purity isn't that much of a boost since you can memorize its scroll and just teach it to Lucette and Raine as soon as you get to camp (though you need to work on making Elli more compatible). If there was some sort of "starting build" that had them lose what they normally start with and get Purity in its place, it would amount to pretty much the same in the end.

(Speaking of which, there's still plans to add some way to heal permanent corruption and an alternate way to get stat points, right? The latter has particularly stood out lately with the number of skills I've encountered with pretty hefty raw stat requirements.)

Though thinking of the idea of starting classes brings me back to the question that I keep forgetting to ask (or whether I've already asked), which is if there's some kind of in-universe explanation to the NG+ mechanics? If there was, perhaps it could also be used as an explanation for changing classes at the start, like maybe something the Inquisitor did to their minds has echoed back in time and changed their nature, or something. I dunno, my brain's all over the place on this one.

(Tangential note: It seems Holy Shield has the Exclusive tag, but doesn't appear to be exclusive to any one character. Maybe a leftover from when you had it exclusive to Lucette, or it still is exclusive and you forgot to note that in the requirements?)

Last edited:
Reactions: blue_krystal

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
If you need a meta file that's in a state that can reproduce it (assuming that's where the issue is carried), I've included mine.
Actually I THINK it's due to something with the override cfg file? Except that might not be the case either since I can't reproduce it by creating one using 13.1 and then using it in 14 (same thing with the meta file). Kinda weird.

New Game+ stuff
More involved new game+ bonuses are probably something I should add, though at the moment new game+ bonuses are in an awkward spot of half hard coded and half not which makes me feel like I should rework them whenever I think about it, even though there isn't really a good reason to spend the time on it. I dunno, it's hard to explain.

(Speaking of which, there's still plans to add some way to heal permanent corruption and an alternate way to get stat points, right? The latter has particularly stood out lately with the number of skills I've encountered with pretty hefty raw stat requirements.)
Yeah probably

(Tangential note: It seems Holy Shield has the Exclusive tag, but doesn't appear to be exclusive to any one character. Maybe a leftover from when you had it exclusive to Lucette, or it still is exclusive and you forgot to note that in the requirements?)
It was Lucette's starting skill originally, but I switched it out to both have better parity with the other starting skills and because Holy Shield feels kinda niche? Or like hard to use effectively I guess.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
In case you aren't following me in other relevant locations, 14.1 bugfix release is out today. All the OP links are updated as well.

Reactions: Debonkers

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
GoingDeeper-A14.1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

blue_krystal

Jul 29, 2022
Silly request about character creation but could the M/F choice (which mostly affects the portraits and how the Knights adress you) be a separate choice from your character's genitals?

Debonkers

Mar 21, 2022
Oh, almost forgot. BIG props for adding modding documentation to your game. Modding can be such a great way for small games like this to be expanded upon. If I had any actual art skills I would probably try to make one on my own. But seriously - providing sample jsons etc. is amazing (and probably a lifesaver for people who don't know anything about file formats and programming).

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
If I may have a suggestion on one of the newer skills.

So I thought it would be funny to have Elli embrace Oversharing and Flirty. I almost killed my run like this because combined with the game deciding to give her permanent touchy hands of masturbation despite removing the curse immediately, the pattern went like this.

Gets hit by a lust attack --> Immediate masturbation --> Tries to get her to stop with Raine or Lucia --> Elli moves to a different space to continue masturbating --> Chase after her --> Oversharing + flirty activates --> Goes right back to masturbating

This kept happening until a corruption break. If I didn't have rebirth, I feel like the game would have put me in a unwinnable situation.

My point being I don't think Oversharing should last 15 turns. I think 10 turns is more reasonable because oversharing keeps getting reapplied and suddenly you're not waiting until 15 turns. Its like 30 turns and continues after the corruption break.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
As a heads up, there is a bug in 14.1 where Parting Shot (and other directional target skills) gets you stuck when used. It's not like frozen, it just never clears the "disallow turn advance" flag when the direction is chosen by clicking the mouse. This can actually be avoided by using the space bar (or whatever the next turn button is mapped to) when picking the skill's direction instead.

It's a big bug, but there is a workaround so I may or may not make a 14.2 before 15. Not sure yet. Sucks.

Silly request about character creation but could the M/F choice (which mostly affects the portraits and how the Knights adress you) be a separate choice from your character's genitals?
I technically COULD have a separate option in character selection for being a penis haver or a boobs+vag haver. I wouldn't slide futa in that way, but I need certain sets of genitals for sex scene CG parity. All the pronouns are set up as wildcards in the data that get filled in at run time (%PLAYERGUYGIRL%, %PLAYERHISHER%, etc), based on the player's sex currently. It would be less convenient to split things, but obviously not impossible.
Though aside from femboy Male 5 and tomboy Female 5 I don't imagine it feeling very appropriate to have the options not be tied together? IDK, I guess I should ask what use case you were looking at having this happen in.

Just finished my playthrough of 14.1 - great game!
Thanks.
Also to respond to a couple things in your review (which was very nice of you as well): The Witch is a very new sort of character for me, and I don't think I've really written any character like her before. I can still hook you up with some other stuff I've written if you want though (actually I think the link to my big mind control story is in the discord somewhere already).
Also the research notes close and then go back to the camp menu rather than keeping it open so that all of the various things that can happen when time passes in camp do so in the same way, if that makes sense? The game goes through all the same steps in the camp menu for every time slot that passes, regardless of what you are doing specifically. It's a lot easier that way, as it means evaluating each time slot in turn rather than trying to jump forward multiple slots at once when you could conceivably be interrupted by an event or something.

Oh, almost forgot. BIG props for adding modding documentation to your game. Modding can be such a great way for small games like this to be expanded upon. If I had any actual art skills I would probably try to make one on my own. But seriously - providing sample jsons etc. is amazing (and probably a lifesaver for people who don't know anything about file formats and programming).
I need to work on the modding documentation more still... There's a lot of unfinished stuff, and the only finished mod (which is just one monster) required a lot of questions toward me due to the difficulty/learning curve of the system.

I also want to do an art guide at some point. Although I can't really give out the models used for the knights and other consistent characters, people could make reasonably fitting monster/trap images with just AI if they know the right steps.

My point being I don't think Oversharing should last 15 turns. I think 10 turns is more reasonable because oversharing keeps getting reapplied and suddenly you're not waiting until 15 turns. Its like 30 turns and continues after the corruption break.
Any application of Shared Senses runs into the problem of "it may just end up doing nothing if I don't give it a large enough duration", but I can look at/think about this.

4.50 star(s) 25 Votes