F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
and on one of the renders where you least expect it, there's some kind of marking that allows the developer to recognize the build number:D
that's why I think the only way to identify any "marking" files would be to get every hash of each file and then compare them to file hashes from another build. It would then be possible to inspect the suspect files and get rid of any BD references.

there are lots of ways to do, here is an example with powershell to generate file hashes:
Get-ChildItem "C:\...\gamepath\" -file -Recurse | Get-FileHash | Out-GridView

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
Hello
I don't really understand the whole discussion. As long as the game is available completely (not paywalled) from the developer in x days, Patreon doesn't have to post a "pre-release version" here. the developer has +600 members and everyone gets a version of the game through which they can be safely identified? I think that's unlikely and every developer will think carefully about banning someone from whom they receive financial support.

Games that are published here also receive free advertising, constructive criticism, error reports and often problem solving/help from other developers/modders. Developers with interesting projects can also win additional patreons through this forum. Personally, I am happy about every developer who recognizes exactly this and participates here in the forum.

In a competition between copy protection vs pirates, neither side will win. It would be better to invest the time and costs in quality.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
that's why I think the only way to identify any "marking" files would be to get every hash of each file and then compare them to file hashes from another build. It would then be possible to inspect the suspect files and get rid of any BD references.

there are lots of ways to do, here is an example with powershell to generate file hashes:
Get-ChildItem "C:\...\gamepath\" -file -Recurse | Get-FileHash | Out-GridView
or it could be an audio file. just an extra file in audio folder with a three-digit number in the name

mnmnd

Feb 5, 2020
Hello
I don't really understand the whole discussion. As long as the game is available completely (not paywalled) from the developer in x days, Patreon doesn't have to post a "pre-release version" here. the developer has +600 members and everyone gets a version of the game through which they can be safely identified? I think that's unlikely and every developer will think carefully about banning someone from whom they receive financial support.

Games that are published here also receive free advertising, constructive criticism, error reports and often problem solving/help from other developers/modders. Developers with interesting projects can also win additional patreons through this forum. Personally, I am happy about every developer who recognizes exactly this and participates here in the forum.

In a competition between copy protection vs pirates, neither side will win. It would be better to invest the time and costs in quality.
Everything was fine until the part where new patreons must remain for a whole month to receive the new release. This is the most despicable way to pressure fans into remaining subscribers.

mnmnd

Feb 5, 2020
And what's the point of waiting for 30 days if the public release is going to be available in x days. (This is assuming it doesn't get leaked before that). please make it make sense lol.

9alwa

Sep 16, 2020
Public release wasn't officially confirmed, dev still think about it.
That's pretty much where the legitimate concern comes from. There's still a good amount of people here aimlessly bitching but can't really do anything about it. The one month gatekeeping is still fine granted a public release is planned.

Aiik there wasn't a public release planned until dev started talking about making an itch page and publicly releasing the game once set up.

Reactions: jaden_yuki

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
Paid members: 206... i mean he gained 6 new patreons from last week, i guess his method work wonders:KEK:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Paid members: 206... i mean he gained 6 new patreons from last week, i guess his method work wonders:KEK:
Yeah most people aren't dumb enough to sub if they will only get the game one month later even though it was already released for people in that same tier. He must have been really high when he came up with that genius idea.

Reactions: mma456

Horny Little Brother

Oct 23, 2017
Yeah most people aren't dumb enough to sub if they will only get the game one month later even though it was already released for people in that same tier. He must have been really high when he came up with that genius idea.
As far as I understand, you are talking about a subject you know nothing about.
Receiving the update late is only valid when you first subscribe. In subsequent updates, access is provided on the same date as everyone else.
So the issue is more about ignorance than stupidity.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
As far as I understand, you are talking about a subject you know nothing about.
Receiving the update late is only valid when you first subscribe. In subsequent updates, access is provided on the same date as everyone else.
So the issue is more about ignorance than stupidity.
Well if you read my comment you would see that I was responding to someone that was saying that the dev only gained 6 new subs. So yeah if you're someone that wants to sub for the first time having to wait a month to actually get the game is a fucking dumb idea and will most likely make you not want to sub.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I have to point out that a lot of the time, if someone cancels their patron, the paid members number doesn't actually change until those accounts lose access. It's happened to me a few times.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
I was a new a Patreon but I received the update on the same date as the tier 2 subs. I had a chat with Dr.Molly before I subbed and promised him I wouldn't leak it. He agreed to provide the update on the 8th.

Horny Little Brother

Oct 23, 2017
Well if you read my comment you would see that I was responding to someone that was saying that the dev only gained 6 new subs. So yeah if you're someone that wants to sub for the first time having to wait a month to actually get the game is a fucking dumb idea and will most likely make you not want to sub.
The goal is not to find new customers, the aim is to prevent the game from leaking. The issue of finding new customers is an idea put forward by someone who cried here when the game was not leaked. You can't set goals that suit your own interests and then be right when they don't work, that's stupid.

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017
The goal is not to find new customers, the aim is to prevent the game from leaking. The issue of finding new customers is an idea put forward by someone who cried here when the game was not leaked. You can't set goals that suit your own interests and then be right when they don't work, that's stupid.

So the explanation would be the following: I'm not looking for subscribers because I'm not looking for money, I just want the game not to be pirated.
That's why I also shit on my new subs.
If you're not interested in money, why make a game on Patreon? Do it at home to yourself and don't post it anywhere.
Every time a fan comes spitting hate and believing they are on the suscribestar or patreon forum, it motivates me to answer.
Every justification they give to defend a developer who takes a measure that will sink him instead of helping him grow is more absurd.
The worthwhile games are fully developed, the others (most of them) end up with the abandoned label and when this happens the developers disappear with the money and those who paid them simply get screwed.
It's also wrong that in this forum no one supports the developers. There are hundreds who support and not just one but several.
It's a fact too that many developers who make good money milk their patrons by making only one or two updates a year. But that doesn't matter, right? What matters is that we all clench our fists and shout "down with piracy".
I could go on like this all day explaining why you are wrong.
But you keep coming full of hate wanting to laugh at the people who come here because they don't have money, forgetting that some people don't live or are governed by the laws of the USA.
Well, I have bad news for you: this is a pirate forum.
Greetings, continue wasting your time if you want, but this forum will continue whether you like it or not.

Cockva

Nov 27, 2017
If you want to prevent the game from leaking basically means you want more customers, relax

Reactions: mnmnd

Horny Little Brother

Oct 23, 2017
So the explanation would be the following: I'm not looking for subscribers because I'm not looking for money, I just want the game not to be pirated.
That's why I also shit on my new subs.
If you're not interested in money, why make a game on Patreon? Do it at home to yourself and don't post it anywhere.
Every time a fan comes spitting hate and believing they are on the suscribestar or patreon forum, it motivates me to answer.
Every justification they give to defend a developer who takes a measure that will sink him instead of helping him grow is more absurd.
The worthwhile games are fully developed, the others (most of them) end up with the abandoned label and when this happens the developers disappear with the money and those who paid them simply get screwed.
It's also wrong that in this forum no one supports the developers. There are hundreds who support and not just one but several.
It's a fact too that many developers who make good money milk their patrons by making only one or two updates a year. But that doesn't matter, right? What matters is that we all clench our fists and shout "down with piracy".
I could go on like this all day explaining why you are wrong.
But you keep coming full of hate wanting to laugh at the people who come here because they don't have money, forgetting that some people don't live or are governed by the laws of the USA.
Well, I have bad news for you: this is a pirate forum.
Greetings, continue wasting your time if you want, but this forum will continue whether you like it or not.
* the game is already pirated, look, we are on the page of the game at f95 :) you are bullshitting again.
*very open and fair to its subscribers. I wrote it before, read it. learn.
*What makes you think you're not interested in money? Look, dreams again, bullshit again. Why should he make it at home and not send it to Patreon? Will he ask your permission? Who do you think you are :)
* After this point, you lost control and started talking random nonsense. I don't even bother to answer.
It just won't work if I don't answer the last part. I love F95 very much and I'm trying hard to improve it. But I know that f95 exists thanks to these games, without these games and developers, f95 would not exist.

4.20 star(s) 81 Votes