Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Pretty good game so far, how much is there exactly? I've gotten the job, haven't bothered talking to the chefs daughter cause idk if he really docks my pay, I've maxed out training both strength and endurance, I had Noriko blackmail me(she said if she whistles I gotta come immediately, so far nothing has happened except her getting jealous of other girls), the milf has been sleeping with me now she's topless(is there some progression? Is it tied to story or gameplay or stats or just sleeping enough with her?), I also seem to be ok the corruption path with the tomboy(I'll play it out but is there a love path cause tbh corruption isn't my jam but I've gone far enough to get a bj so I'll finish it I guess), also anything come from not standing up to the asshole bullies? Not into NTR stuff really but I was wondering if it's a "fake choice" cause I remember trying to be nice to Noriko on like day 1 and the game said I shouldn't have antagonized her? Oh, and does the plot line with your "best friend" go anywhere? Kinda uhh...wack implications but hes like a fucking cunt so I hope we can ruin his life but on the other hand hope it doesn't get too dark theme-wise...
For Noriko there are three paths:
If you negotiate with her like you did you get the sub route. She doms you and gives you a footjob.
If you intimidate her you get the dom route. You dom her and you get a scene pushing her against her closet and feeling her up.
If you do menacing against her you get the blackmail route, which has you blackmailing her into giving you a blowjob.

For the tomboy there are two paths:
Corruption-Route, which is triggered if you agree to be her fake boyfriend. Which involves her giving you two blowjobs and one cowgirl sex scene with both vaginal and anal.
Love-Route, which is triggered if you don't agree to be her fake boyfriend. That involves a couple of sweet scenes playing games with her and a scene of missionary sex.

I do agree with you, the trigger between corruption and love route isn't exactly clear. If you don't agree to be her fake boyfriend, you end up giving her a speech about how she doesn't need to change and make anyone jealous and should just be herself, which leads to you becoming friends and then falling in love. I agree that it's not clear that disagreeing with being her fake boyfriend would result in giving her a wholesome speech like that.

The "best friend" doesn't finish, but progresses a good deal in this update. We will wait for future updates to see how it ends up, but likely we will at least rescue the sister.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
Here is yesterday's post.

Hi everyone, the subject we will deal with today is quite different.

I swore to myself when I started to develop Extra Life that I would always do what was necessary to be transparent with you. To tell you about my success as well as the failures I have encountered. Because don't think for a second that everything goes smoothly with every update.

We often encounter a ton of problems, the goal being to solve them in the best way possible. Today we will talk about Steam. Steam represents for any game developer the holy grail of the online store. However, it's necessary to think twice.

The positive points:
- Steam is strangely more permissive on the adult content, take for example the theme of "rape", as much on Patreon it is an almost immediate closure of page, on Steam it is not the case.
- The user base on Steam is about 130 million people. But I don't think for a second that everyone has activated "display adult content" but if 10% have done so it's still huge, much more than itch.io
- If the game sells well on Steam, it's the insurance to ensure the sustainability of extra life and to be able to offer more projects in the future.

The negative:
- Some contents authorized by Patreon (for the moment), are not authorized on Steam.
- Steam validation is not to be underestimated, it's much more complex than I thought. This earned me a ban.
- Steam, takes a 30% commission on absolutely all sales. As a reminder, Patreon takes about 16%, and itch.io is according to the will of the developer so between 100 and 0%.

The origin of the Steam ban.
I thought the ban came from using the term high school and dating sim in the game which implied minors. I guess there is no such thing as an 18-year-old high school student. The other problem was Chiaki, it's a character that was deliberately underage but had no lewd content (which is perfectly normal).

Steam refuses any representation of a minor in an adult game, whether there is content about her or not. As long as Chiaki is 12 years old in the game, Steam will never accept the game.

The good news is that even after a so-called ban, it's always possible to take the Steam validation exam by paying again the 100$ fee.

So here's what I'd like to suggest, forget the 12-year-old Chiaki and say hello to the new 18-year-old Chiaki instead. To keep some coherence in the story, Chiaki would be Minato's twin sister, extremely shy as if she was hiding a terrible secret.

The advantage of this character is that she doesn't speak much so I won't have to change much text. The last interesting point is that Chiaki is 18 years old and can become a lewdable. To finish convincing you, here is the sketch of the new 18 years old Chiaki. What do you think about it?
OxpUrT.jpg

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Considering the probable story for Chiaki in the game as it is now, making her over 18 does bring in a lot of new potential indeed :)

To be honest, when I first met her in game, I was very worried there would be "content" for her.
What is really nice, is that unlike many others, you're actually going to change what she looks like to match her age, unlike many others that'd just slap a loli icon on it, and be done with it :)
Her sketch looks adorable, you've got my vote, and my sword!

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Here is yesterday's post.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh no... This imply to changing a lot from the original plot, I guess minor contrabband was a big imput for yakuza profit other than changing 2 other ppl script and possibly the mc one. I'm not sure if dev wanted to bring some other things with her in future but this change a lot. The only thing i could suggest the dev if he still want to work with Steam is a censured version or just forget about, also is probably better moving to SubscribeStar other than Patreon to avoid future problem. I rly hope the dev will take back this choice since is a work wiht a lot of potential and being censured it may bring only negative effect on the title (I really hate when this happen).

chickenmaid

Oct 9, 2019
I'll wait until Steam validates Extra Life or not before stating my complete opinion but I really hope the developer doesn't continuously spend development time censoring the game just for the possiblity of being on Steam (and Patreon) if it is rejected again.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Oh no... This imply to changing a lot from the original plot, I guess minor contrabband was a big imput for yakuza profit other than changing 2 other ppl script and possibly the mc one. I'm not sure if dev wanted to bring some other things with her in future but this change a lot. The only thing i could suggest the dev if he still want to work with Steam is a censured version or just forget about, also is probably better moving to SubscribeStar other than Patreon to avoid future problem. I rly hope the dev will take back this choice since is a work wiht a lot of potential and being censured it may bring only negative effect on the title (I really hate when this happen).
You guess but we doesn't know exactly what the Yakuza is doing in Minato's House, maybe their family have money problems and they accept "help" from wrong people without thinking well in the consequences, with their parents kidnapped by them or disappearing leaving their kids to their own, we could have a careful and suspect acting from Minato; or perphaps Minato's family were always part from a minor Yakuza Family that in the future Minato succesfully make to grow and expand. The thing is the voting is for the Patreons unless someone here propose an alternative like yours in there, but that alternative will generate double work, because a version will rely on a 12yr old Chiaki to move on some content with Minato that would need to be reworked and/or omitted for good (where Chiaki will only exist as a mention or even without her entire existence). But there is not something so bad if now we can have a lewdable character don't you think?.

Yes, this changes a lot to the original story, but we must remember that the original story was about incest and MC lives with his mom and sister while right now he's like a special guess and that's more than enough inconsistencies until the intro or prologue of why MC is there is more solid, an example of this is how Yasuka complain with MC's Dad when leaving him and everything for a woman with words and an expression as if she was hurt by that while at the same time she, Noriko nor even MC makes a mention about who is or was his biological mother, and that is more than enough for a story that even after years of developing of the infamous Summertime Saga resolves about that while making it more complex because of the incest of MC's best friend with his mom and then with a near recently photograph of the little Jenny with MC's Dad having fun in a fair which makes worst trying to make it sense the MC's relation with the family were he is living.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Nosferia

RNGeusEX

Goodbye Eternity
Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
I'll wait until Steam validates Extra Life or not before stating my complete opinion but I really hope the developer doesn't continuously spend development time censoring the game just for the possiblity of being on Steam (and Patreon) if it is rejected again.
You have to understand that the devs have to adapt to the platform on which they can be funded. If stem denies me their catalog, I'll get over it, but if Patreon decides overnight to close my page, there's no more extra life development. And they do this kind of thing quite often.

And Chiaki's change is a good thing because right now Patreon seems to be hunting down developers who have minor characters in their games even without sexual content.

And to finish subscribe star is absolutely not a viable solution for the moment.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
And Chiaki's change is a good thing because right now Patreon seems to be hunting down developers who have minor characters in their games even without sexual content.
Seriously ? We entered some kind of "Kids don't exist" mindset now ? Jeez the world of game making is getting so fucked... :FacePalm:

Sniperviper6

Feb 23, 2022
Looks like I stumbled upon a game early in its life yet again. Here's hoping this one lasts. This has a lot of potential. The background art is amazing and I'm liking most of the characters... except tomboy girl. Sigh.

The VN life is a tough one.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
By this point we haven't really seen much about chiaki as a person other than her being shy, so I would say the best judge for this choice is the dev here.

chickenmaid

Oct 9, 2019
Patreon isn't friendly to NSFW content, and it's possible characters like Noriko might have to be censored or reworked just because of her smaller frame. There's a few other things that could be called out too like the male school uniforms and implied taboo relationships.

I'm just happy the game is on Subscribestar at least but catering to Patreon's fickleness is going to be annoying eventually.

4.10 star(s) 175 Votes