DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
Ehh. I don't think the point of redemption is that you can only be forgiven for past misdeeds if if you did them out of complete ignorance and borderline lack of free will.

The core principle is regret. Do you sincerely regret your actions? Are you willing to make amends? Then yes, you should be given a chance to start over and be a better person.

Sarah's "evil" was petty at best, and she was basically a spoiled teenager nursing resentment against her weird possessed sister and a father who spoiled the shit out of her (and who she may have suspected deep-down wasn't her real dad). That's not really something that should place redemption forever out of reach. If you were a bully in high school you shouldn't be treated like a monster for the rest of your life, especially if you mature enough to realize that what you did was wrong and you feel bad about doing it. In the end Sarah chose to be good (as is mentioned, Eris turns against her because she's not willing to murder someone), and she's been slowly overcoming her old bad habits and becoming a better person. Is her road to redemption finished? No. Should she be forever prevented from ever being redeemed? No.

There are plenty of things that should never be forgiven, or at least not forgiven without MASSIVE sacrifice (which is why "Death by Redemption" is a trope). But petty evil mostly spurred on by being a spoiled child and traveling in social circles that only reinforce that mindset isn't really something that should damn you forever.

And honestly, one could potentially argue Sarah was just as brainwashed as Zero in a way - except in Sarah's case it was society itself that made her that way and not a secret criminal organization that trained her to hunt down and kill its enemies without remorse. About the only thing that makes Zero's story less morally dubious is that she's essentially a failure, and never got around to actually successfully killing anyone (though she would have, if Scarlet's power hadn't protected her). If she was better at her job she'd have a lot more bodies in her past to make up for. Like Jeanne, who has killed or captured a lot of innocent people - we just tend not to hold it against her as much because she's always been nice to us.

Which I think is the root of most hate for Sarah. We got to watch her being a shit to us (and to sympathy-bait like Alice and Sonya), so it's easier to resent her for it than it is to resent characters who've done most of their bad behavior mostly off-camera. But Sarah's also gone through more abuse/punishment in the wake of it that any other character, so it kind of balances out.
The difference between Sarah and Zero is that Sarah started to change only after she had no other choice. Her change of heart isn't organic and doesn't come from a place of real regret. it comes from having everything taken away from you and having no other choice.
Sure. Zero has a similar situation. But unlike with Sarah, where the story is focused on what she has done, with Zero the story focuses on whats been done to her.
Sarah was a total bitch because she could. Zero because she was made to be.
Or to put it in another way: Sarah had a choice all her life. And she chose to be a bitch until the choice was taken away from her. Zero never had a choice, until now... and she is coming around. Fighting the programming
And Jeanne showed her true colors when they mattered. She COULD'VE just gone and expose the island, take the compass and let the organization win. She didn't. She CHOSE to be good. Because she interacted with the Dikadians and saw that they were nothing like what the Organizations brainwashing painted them to be.

Reactions: Glass Pike

AdreinVeidt

Mar 25, 2021
Ehh, at this point I've kind of already forgiven her. Even in her scene where she gets paddled/agrees to become a citizen of the island, I skipped giving her my 10 whacks. And stayed around with her afterward. The conversation you have with her later where she says she's spent her entire life being told she was important only to realize she was a nobody kind of spells out exactly why she was a shit, but also why there's still the potential to redeem her. For her to decide for herself who she's supposed to be, and to become a better person.

Sarah's kind of gone out of her way to try and be a better person (or at least live by the island's rules while being somewhat less of a shit). Sure, she fails from time to time, but that's basically life. Half the allies on our side have been assholes at various points, and we forgive them all in a heartbeat. Sarah's basically just a rebellious teenager who is slowly and clearly maturing into a better person. I'm way more annoyed by people like Nadia, who is an adult who should absolutely know better, and who acted in far more dangerous ways towards our people (even if her intentions were ultimately "good" at heart). And who is probably going to get off relatively easy for the things she did.

The only thing that really complicates it is that you can still go back and see Sarah in scenes where she had less respect (like going to see her work at the pool, where she's still super-resistant). It can make her look less repentant than she actually is. But if you just focus on the main storyline scenes, she's come a long way since her fall.

I'm actually kind of dreading the next update, because I'm kind of afraid we're going to be forced to have sex with Nyx (I already refused her, and if given the choice at this point I'll refuse her every time right up until she leaves the island). Or worse, that she's going to wind up part of the "I was a bad guy but now I'm redeemed and am going to stay on the island forever" crew (which, to be honest, I really don't want - once her storyline with Sarah is over, I mostly just want her to leave and never come back). At this point, I kind of just want to have us find a way to get her banned from Twitch so she loses all her followers and just goes back to civilization miserable and unable to tell anyone about the island.

I'm doubly annoyed by Nyx because she's distracting from the redemption arc I do care about - namely Zero's. Especially since I'm already pretty convinced that it's going to turn out that the reason why the organization thought she was special is because she was kidnapped from the island as a child, and will eventually become an official citizen and develop her own power. I'd like to see Zero be forgiven and join our crew, but I'd rather Nyx just leave.

I thought exactly the same when she told us her story
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AdreinVeidt

Mar 25, 2021
The difference between Sarah and Zero is that Sarah started to change only after she had no other choice. Her change of heart isn't organic and doesn't come from a place of real regret. it comes from having everything taken away from you and having no other choice.
Sure. Zero has a similar situation. But unlike with Sarah, where the story is focused on what she has done, with Zero the story focuses on whats been done to her.
Sarah was a total bitch because she could. Zero because she was made to be.
Or to put it in another way: Sarah had a choice all her life. And she chose to be a bitch until the choice was taken away from her. Zero never had a choice, until now... and she is coming around. Fighting the programming
And Jeanne showed her true colors when they mattered. She COULD'VE just gone and expose the island, take the compass and let the organization win. She didn't. She CHOSE to be good. Because she interacted with the Dikadians and saw that they were nothing like what the Organizations brainwashing painted them to be.
I'm not justifying her or anything, but sarah could also have killed us but she chose not to, I guess the idea with her is that of "redemption is not in a straight line, it has its setbacks and relapses" I guess it's not easy to change habits after a lifetime being the brat of "THE SARAH VON LUCHESTEIN" XD

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
Not sure if this is still relevant to anyone but regarding the resolution not changing in settings. I checked the registry posts and it does indeed change. I changed the also changed the default for good measure. Didn't see a post for the refresh rate but it's probably in there. Anyways, the menu seems to be wrong but it looks like it actually saves your settings.

RedRider57

Jun 27, 2022
A very nice game with a compelling story, congratulations.
One criticism, time management, too many times it takes too long to do one thing (for example check if they have worked well) and you have to wait the next day (or worse the next week) to finish another quest.

Reactions: spenk

Moto_Tsume

May 19, 2022
A very nice game with a compelling story, congratulations.
One criticism, time management, too many times it takes too long to do one thing (for example check if they have worked well) and you have to wait the next day (or worse the next week) to finish another quest.
Well you can always roll back if that happens. Also use it if you check someone's work and you don't receive the desired outcome.

Reactions: RedRider57

evetaku

Dec 21, 2021
for android ch 2, i need uninstall ch1 first or directly update ?because when im try directly update,the game quest dosent have update

Reactions: kevinpeter

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Hachigames … From what I’ve seem of this thread you are pretty active here … so I “quoted” you and deleted most of your response because I am using the quote to tag you and the quoted reply text is irrelevant… I think there is some way to tag you like u/Hachigames or something but don’t know it …. Anyway….

I wanted to high-five you on your game … keep up the great work!!
I also left a rating & comments on the game overall … with more details and a possible suggestion/improvement. Specifically with regards to the “sandbox” element of the game…I realize this ALL is a work in progress (WiP) but was curious if you considered working in the suggestion I made in my review.
Specifically (in addition to the gallery (that was recently added/improved)) to make an in game pathway to “replay” a girls sex scenes via visits to the girls room … I don’t know the level of work this suggestion would take to implement…but based off my limited code knowledge… it would seem to be limited to just the menu in each girls room because you would just be creating an easy path to revisit X scene (which is work you already have done) …
so the flow logic would be like ….
select girls room +
select sex/bondage type and then replay that scene …
granted not every girl would have every option(yet)
bj,sex,bondage 1-2-3 , anal, group sex 1-2-3.
But since you are just creating an access path to work you have already created it shouldn’t be lots and lots of work.

Granted “most” of this is somewhat available via the menu to the gallery and sorting … but to me the current navigation is extra cumbersome… the thumbnails there are hit and miss within my memory …

I forget the context of the thumbnail as to what each gallery item is

Is this gallery item a “story” replay
Is it the “bj scene”?
Or the “bondage 2” scene

Where as if it was menu’d into an “in room” visit
choose girl(room)>choose activity(bj,sex1,sex2,bondage1,bondage2,anal,group sex 1)>enjoy the sandbox replay.
It would be much simpler navigation wise and I wouldn’t grind my brain gears trying to decipher the galley thumbnail & my memory from the thumbnail.

Now I realize that the various girls menus will be greater or lesser …
Alice probably would have the biggest menu (currently) … and others would have very thin choices (like none) but as you continue developing the game I imagine each girls menu would build.

anyway … thanks for reading … I imagine that you might have this or something like this in your plans … but if not I wanted to mention it because it’s a worthwhile inclusion to your great game.

Last edited:

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Hachigames … From what I’ve seem of this thread you are pretty active here … so I “quoted” you and deleted most of your response because I am using the quote to tag you and the quoted reply text is irrelevant… I think there is some way to tag you like u/Hachigames or something but don’t know it …. Anyway….

I wanted to high-five you on your game … keep up the great work!!
I also left a rating & comments on the game overall … with more details and a possible suggestion/improvement. Specifically with regards to the “sandbox” element of the game…I realize this ALL is a work in progress (WiP) but was curious if you considered working in the suggestion I made in my review.
Specifically (in addition to the gallery (that was recently added/improved)) to make an in game pathway to “replay” a girls sex scenes via visits to the girls room … I don’t know the level of work this suggestion would take to implement…but based off my limited code knowledge… it would seem to be limited to just the menu in each girls room because you would just be creating an easy path to revisit X scene (which is work you already have done) …
so the flow logic would be like ….
select girls room +
select sex/bondage type and then replay that scene …
granted not every girl would have every option(yet)
bj,sex,bondage 1-2-3 , anal, group sex 1-2-3.
But since you are just creating an access path to work you have already created it shouldn’t be lots and lots of work.

Granted “most” of this is somewhat available via the menu to the gallery and sorting … but to me the current navigation is extra cumbersome… the thumbnails there are hit and miss within my memory …

I forget the context of the thumbnail as to what each gallery item is

Is this gallery item a “story” replay
Is it the “bj scene”?
Or the “bondage 2” scene

Where as if it was menu’d into an “in room” visit
choose girl(room)>choose activity(bj,sex1,sex2,bondage1,bondage2,anal,group sex 1)>enjoy the sandbox replay.
It would be much simpler navigation wise and I wouldn’t grind my brain gears trying to decipher the galley thumbnail & my memory from the thumbnail.

Now I realize that the various girls menus will be greater or lesser …
Alice probably would have the biggest menu (currently) … and others would have very thin choices (like none) but as you continue developing the game I imagine each girls menu would build.

anyway … thanks for reading … I imagine that you might have this or something like this in your plans … but if not I wanted to mention it because it’s a worthwhile inclusion to your great game.
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll definitely have to sort out the gallery sorting a bit better. What worked well at first became a bit overwhelmed with the amount of scenes. I'm not yet sure what exactly I'll do to make it easier to find the scenes you want to watch in the gallery but I'll definitely take your suggestion into consideration.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll definitely have to sort out the gallery sorting a bit better. What worked well at first became a bit overwhelmed with the amount of scenes. I'm not yet sure what exactly I'll do to make it easier to find the scenes you want to watch in the gallery but I'll definitely take your suggestion into consideration.
Hey you do whatever YOU think best …

I just tried to convey (however poorly) how I’ve seen it done (somewhat) in other good games Treasure of Nadia has a sort by types (bj,sex,group anal) and Runey’s Harem Hotel has the sandbox “in room” … but HH the scenes were created for “in room“ and ToN has the type sorting in their version of a gallery … granted their gallery is twice as cumbersome as yours to access (in numerous different ways)

I mostly mentioned it because other than Scarlet most of the girls rooms have little to no interaction/content but they are in existence in game and the girls come and go from their rooms… I always felt that you had something planned for it whether it was “visit” mechanic or as an access portal to X girl replay.

Also if all your created “sexy time” scenes were accessed via girls room portal your gallery would be in game and the current gallery could be “everything else” granted I don’t think it would be a ”gallery” anymore more of a recap zone.

Last edited:

RedRider57

Jun 27, 2022
I'm not yet sure what exactly I'll do to make it easier to find the scenes you want to watch in the gallery but I'll definitely take your suggestion into consideration.
I add myself too, although I am aware that it would mean more work, but getting the chance to visit the girls' rooms to have sex could avoid seeing bdsm only as a punitive aspect. Instead of "she was wrong, I spank you" it would become "I spank you because it turns us both on"
I don't know if I have made myself clear, my English is bad

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
View attachment 1931167

It remains like that...any ideas how to fix it?
This usually means that it fails to load the asset-bundles. Probably worth a try to redownload and re-extract. If it doesn't work you can send me your player.log from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\HachiGames\HailDicktator\ it should contain the reason why it fails to load.

Bangaranga

Feb 17, 2021
This usually means that it fails to load the asset-bundles. Probably worth a try to redownload and re-extract. If it doesn't work you can send me your player.log from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\HachiGames\HailDicktator\ it should contain the reason why it fails to load.
It did not work redownloading it, I attached you the Player log as .txt.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I'm playing the android version, and installed both apks. It's giving me the popup screen talking about how I need to install chapter 2 to play even though I did. I already had an older version installed and then installed both APKs from the OP today. I see only 1 app afterward, I assume both installations put their updated content into the old app I had right?

Am I doing something wrong or does this need to be fixed?
Any idea for my problem?

4.30 star(s) 207 Votes