hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
It did not work redownloading it, I attached you the Player log as .txt.
Hmm, as I thought the asset bundle failed to load. I think it might be the folder you have extracted the game to:
Code:
DataPath:           D:/Â /HailDicktator_0.38.3_Windows64
It's possible that the loading system cannot handle a path that contains special letters like 'Â '. It might work if you extract it to a folder which only contains standard ascii symbols. I will look into it more, since I was actually already accounting for something like this (or so I thought).

Reactions: Wookie

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Any idea for my problem?
The way it is designed is that you can only ever have one chapter installed. Now this is less because I wanted to design it that way, but more that because of Android's app design. Two apps cannot share the same user folder, so save games would not be available between them. That's why both chapters have the same ID interally, and install over each other. You can however switch between them at will by installing one or the other.

If you are still before the Paris mission you only need to install chapter 1. If you are beyond that, you only need chapter 2. Both chapters are standalone but have overlapping data for base game data and repeatable scenes.

Bangaranga

Feb 17, 2021
Hmm, as I thought the asset bundle failed to load. I think it might be the folder you have extracted the game to:
Code:
DataPath:           D:/Â /HailDicktator_0.38.3_Windows64
It's possible that the loading system cannot handle a path that contains special letters like 'Â '. It might work if you extract it to a folder which only contains standard ascii symbols. I will look into it more, since I was actually already accounting for something like this (or so I thought).
It worked, thank you very much.
Your help is much appreciated. <3

taler

Oct 5, 2017
The way it is designed is that you can only ever have one chapter installed. Now this is less because I wanted to design it that way, but more that because of Android's app design. Two apps cannot share the same user folder, so save games would not be available between them. That's why both chapters have the same ID interally, and install over each other. You can however switch between them at will by installing one or the other.

If you are still before the Paris mission you only need to install chapter 1. If you are beyond that, you only need chapter 2. Both chapters are standalone but have overlapping data for base game data and repeatable scenes.
Okay thanks, looks like I was before the Paris mission so just installing c1 allowed me to continue. I was confused I had chased the french girl off island, don't quite remember where I went so I thought that was the "paris mission" for some reason.

Are the chapter1 images supposed to be improved as they still seem very blurry to me unfortunately.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Okay thanks, looks like I was before the Paris mission so just installing c1 allowed me to continue. I was confused I had chased the french girl off island, don't quite remember where I went so I thought that was the "paris mission" for some reason.

Are the chapter1 images supposed to be improved as they still seem very blurry to me unfortunately.
I'm still working on improving the android versions. The blurriness mostly comes in an attempt to mitigate the crashes that seem to happen on some phones because of memory issues. I made the split in a way so that I can rebuilt the chapters with updated code. For the next update I already remove a big chunk of burden on the memory for the game. I'll try to do more update by update so I can eventually increase the image quality on the android version.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I'm still working on improving the android versions. The blurriness mostly comes in an attempt to mitigate the crashes that seem to happen on some phones because of memory issues. I made the split in a way so that I can rebuilt the chapters with updated code. For the next update I already remove a big chunk of burden on the memory for the game. I'll try to do more update by update so I can eventually increase the image quality on the android version.
Thanks, do you have any hint on which update the image quality will be increased? I assume it's not the next one but one after that?

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Thanks, do you have any hint on which update the image quality will be increased? I assume it's not the next one but one after that?
I'm not sure, unfortunately. Are the scenes itself blurry as well, or only the sandbox part? If the scenes are blurry that would be a bug.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I'm not sure, unfortunately. Are the scenes itself blurry as well, or only the sandbox part? If the scenes are blurry that would be a bug.
I didn't see any scenes the last time i tried it, just saw the blurriness and closed the app in disappointment lol. Well I'll be eagerly awaiting for the fix. Thanks for responding, and also consider whether it's worth it to ruin the game for most people to serve people who are too poor to buy newer devices.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
I didn't see any scenes the last time i tried it, just saw the blurriness and closed the app in disappointment lol. Well I'll be eagerly awaiting for the fix. Thanks for responding, and also consider whether it's worth it to ruin the game for most people to serve people who are too poor to buy newer devices.
I see. I understand. I will do some tweaks for the next version to reduce the blurriness considerably. I think I do have done enough optimizations to allow for it already. I didn't think it was quite that bad.

Reactions: taler

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Still a killer game, love it.
Seems to run better lately than it used to. Much smoother.

Every time I speak to any of the girls, the first thing they say is something about Paris.
I guess island living can be boring but ffs I wish they'd stop talking about it already. lol

Cheers

• Haha
Reactions: hachigames

Erastmus

Jan 10, 2018
I just noticed a minor error in the last version: Quest Deprogramming (Main). Third star. You should talk with Anna at harbour docks during day. In dialog box instead of Anna's picture Hazel's picture is shown.
Just I wanted you to know that :)

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
I just noticed a minor error in the last version: Quest Deprogramming (Main). Third star. You should talk with Anna at harbour docks during day. In dialog box instead of Anna's picture Hazel's picture is shown.
Just I wanted you to know that :)
Thank you. Due to the optimization, a naming conflict on the portraits caused this. I'm currently uploading a fix for it.

Reactions: StyleHG
4.30 star(s) 207 Votes