NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
It isn't. You can't avoid being in a relationship with Haley.
Sorry! This game is nothing like Melody. Sex with Haley is unavoidable and currently frequent.

If you continue to play, you will just have to grin and bear it. I strongly suggest trying some other game.
Thanks for the info. I guess I will just have to deal with it. As long as I still can have sex with other character its ok. And maybe if I play more I will grow to like Haley.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Condemned77

Jul 14, 2017
There is a save folder so i dont know whats gone wrong, any help?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/z_save_name.rpy", line 22, in __call__
    return super(get_save_name,self).__call__()
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 437, in save
    location.save(slotname, sr)
  File "C:\Users\ADA\Downloads\Haley-0.94-pc\renpy\savelocation.py", line 429, in save
    raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Haleys story 0.94
Sat Sep 12 21:40:24 2020

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
There is a save folder so i dont know whats gone wrong, any help?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Haleys story 0.94
Sat Sep 12 21:40:24 2020
Try running it with admin permissions if you didn't already.

Also check your appdata folder if the save folder is created.
Based on your trace back it should be:

C:\Users\ADA\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\HS-1539366243

If not try create that folder, "HS-1539366243" and try again.

Reactions: Condemned77

Condemned77

Jul 14, 2017
Try running it with admin permissions if you didn't already.

Also check your appdata folder if the save folder is created.
Based on your trace back it should be:

C:\Users\ADA\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\HS-1539366243

If not try create that folder, "HS-1539366243" and try again.

Running it with admin permissions fixed the problem.
Thank you.

Reactions: Naxos

vmaks

Sep 13, 2018
1600089084590.png
Progress report Hi I do have something to say this time. We're well passed 300 images and still haven't prepared them all. This is a necessity in order for all the paths to finish at roughly the same in game time. When Haley and co start driving back to the city from Haley's parents house. This is larger than we normally do for an update, that's why we're a little worried. Right now it looks like we'll be on time, but it's close. If by any chance we'll be late, I'll annouce it on Friday. We'll know for certain by then. But if you don't hear from me, we'll be on time. That's it for now.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I just discovered this game, and I spent ALL of my Sunday playing it, and some of my afternoon today after work as well, just so I could do both paths.

Such a cruel, cruel thing - Sandra is wonderful and her story is the better of the two branches (in my opinion), but sticking with her locks you out of hooking up with the hottest girl in the game! It wounds me!

Kidding, of course - I just play both paths. This game is fantastic, and it's one that made my spouse glare at me and say "what do you keep laughing at?" The ventriloquist bit nearly killed me.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Running it with admin permissions fixed the problem.
Thank you.
That wasn't a fix, you just ignored the problem of running your game from a folder you don't have permission to write to.
You should never do that.

Extract your games into a folder that you own - your desktop, documents or any folder inside your user profile folder (%USERPROFILE%) and run it from there.
Or, in case you want to keep your games somewhere else, you should modify NTFS permissions of that folder by taking ownership of it (google for it if you don't know how)

Don't run your games with elevated permissions. There is no need for it and it is a potential security problem.

Condemned77

Jul 14, 2017
That wasn't a fix, you just ignored the problem of running your game from a folder you don't have permission to write to.
You should never do that.

Extract your games into a folder that you own - your desktop, documents or any folder inside your user profile folder (%USERPROFILE%) and run it from there.
Or, in case you want to keep your games somewhere else, you should modify NTFS permissions of that folder by taking ownership of it (google for it if you don't know how)

Don't run your games with elevated permissions. There is no need for it and it is a potential security problem.
I have played literally hundreads of games the exact same way and this was the first to have that problem.

Aksayuk

Aug 17, 2019
Is sandra lying about her job? or is there a similar model on Alexandra. because i was surprise to see izzy when victor was helping out MC.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Is sandra lying about her job? or is there a similar model on Alexandra. because i was surprise to see izzy when victor was helping out MC.
No reason for Sandra to lie. Izzy and Alexandra and 'The Pupster' show up because Ptolemy is the creator of Alexandra, but is also a major contributor to the development of this game. The developers have decided to use the tie-in as one way to resolve the issue of 'what to do about Klaus'. The Pupster (MC in Alexandra) may well show up in the next release to 'take care of' Klaus. We can only hope.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
No reason for Sandra to lie. Izzy and Alexandra and 'The Pupster' show up because Ptolemy is the creator of Alexandra, but is also a major contributor to the development of this game. The developers have decided to use the tie-in as one way to resolve the issue of 'what to do about Klaus'. The Pupster (MC in Alexandra) may well show up in the next release to 'take care of' Klaus. We can only hope.
I take it the cameos only happen if you kept sandra? Or did I miss them on the Haley route?

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
they would probably have to add a tag to let us watch them take out Klaus , that would be so cool :cool:

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I had no idea who those characters were, so I was wondering why that whole scene made no sense to me! Looks like there's another game I have to play...

Reactions: Nulldev
4.20 star(s) 303 Votes