Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Ever played my roommate, my sister? Bit older game and not sure if dev intended it as such, but if want to read into it you could see it as her having behaved pretty wild to deny her attraction and connection to her brother by throwing herself in stupid ways to anyone popular and things changing when both move out to college where her not great experiences actually might have strengthened her need for him as someone she can trust to always care for her.
That is indeed an excellent recommendation! I did really like that game.

It has a slight NTR feel to it, because the sister (somewhat like Haley) is kind of wild and I personally prefer virgins, but it was still a great game.

And you might be right about your analysis as well.

Reactions: Quetzzz

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm intrigued. That said, I'm pretty peculiar in the way I play AVN. If a game lets me, I'll play the story while remaining celibate. I want the story to give me a reason to pursue an LI. From what I'm reading, I don't think MSMR allows this, but it's not necessarily a dealbreaker either.
Depends a bit how you play the game and see the relation between brother and sister in it, but only you can decide that. Taste is personal after all, I found plenty in game to enjoy myself, but yeah if do not want to buy in the brother/sister dynamic game becomes more about the brother getting out of his shell with some help/prodding of his sister.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Depends a bit how you play the game and see the relation between brother and sister in it, but only you can decide that. Taste is personal after all, I found plenty in game to enjoy myself, but yeah if do not want to buy in the brother/sister dynamic game becomes more about the brother getting out of his shell with some help/prodding of his sister.
Both options can be interesting. I'm open to both, I'm just sensitive to how the game/story itself frames these relationships. For instance, take Chasing Sunsets. I dislike how Mallory is pushed onto the MC, same for Sandra in Haley's Story.
With Sandra, I didn't feel a bond. If the MC didn't kiss her on the first date, I think it should've started a parallel path where the MC gets to friend zone her immediately, or tries a 2nd date. With not being interested in Sandra, it even seemed as if Haley was pushing the MC to stay in that relationship. And, I have to mention how lame that breakup eventually was. The path to it is one of being passive, and just waiting for her to get the message.

Reactions: Beduin123

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Both options can be interesting. I'm open to both, I'm just sensitive to how the game/story itself frames these relationships. For instance, take Chasing Sunsets. I dislike how Mallory is pushed onto the MC, same for Sandra in Haley's Story.
With Sandra, I didn't feel a bond. If the MC didn't kiss her on the first date, I think it should've started a parallel path where the MC gets to friend zone her immediately, or tries a 2nd date. With not being interested in Sandra, it even seemed as if Haley was pushing the MC to stay in that relationship. And, I have to mention how lame that breakup eventually was. The path to it is one of being passive, and just waiting for her to get the message.
True, then sometimes that is the differing vision of a dev to ours to a certain situation where considering who her uncle is in this game, somewhat more passiveness might have not been unwise considering his and his sisters employment situation. :p Think in this game originally only Sandra as a non avoidable option was planned besides only bro-sis and devs partly on reception of her changed that. Whether that also partly led to the lesser endings since they differed from originally planned story could be possible.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
True, then sometimes that is the differing vision of a dev to ours to a certain situation where considering who her uncle is in this game, somewhat more passiveness might have not been unwise considering his and his sisters employment situation. :p
That's fair, but following that reasoning, it would've been a practical option to not date Sandra because the MC doesn't want to piss off his boss.
The MC also isn't concerned with the potential fallout of boinking his sister's boss either.

Think in this game originally only Sandra as a non avoidable option was planned besides only bro-sis and devs partly on reception of her changed that. Whether that also partly led to the lesser endings since they differed from originally planned story could be possible.
I've noticed a few points where the game seemed to wildly change direction. Maybe the devs listened to feedback too much, and lost their vision in the process.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I've noticed a few points where the game seemed to wildly change direction. Maybe the devs listened to feedback too much, and lost their vision in the process.
The straw that broke the developers' backs was when Patreon dropped the hammer on them about, "Oh my God, there's incest in this game!" Having to wrote two separate routes, when the non-incest route made no sense to them, definitely put them on the trail to disinterest. They pared things back, dropped promising avenues, and ultimately bailed.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
The straw that broke the developers' backs was when Patreon dropped the hammer on them about, "Oh my God, there's incest in this game!" Having to wrote two separate routes, when the non-incest route made no sense to them, definitely put them on the trail to disinterest. They pared things back, dropped promising avenues, and ultimately bailed.
That's a real shame, I can't help but think about what the game could've been. It undoubtedly has things going for it, and it's sad that they couldn't realize their vision. :-/

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
A few minutes in, I've quit the game... The game presented me with a few choices, but a choice that would've actually mattered "Fuck Mrs. Sollain: yes/no", doesn't happen. I was already a bit put-off by the weakness of the MC (I understand introversion, and wanting to learn how to talk to girls.) But talking to 'mommy' about girls, and immediately giving in to Mrs. Sollain is a step too far. If that's the general tone of the game, it's just not for me. :)

Reactions: tbz1983 and DA22

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
If that's the general tone of the game, it's just not for me. :)
It's most definitely not the general tone. But sure, the MC of this game is definitely not a dick swinging macho man all the girls around him bow and submit to. He is rather introverted and inexperienced in the beginning of the game. Throughout the game he is gaining more experience with the help of the sister as a wingwoman. There's also tons of hilarious comical situations and less or more subtle humor involved.
That unavoidable scene with the clingy mature neighbor can be counted as one of the somewhat comical mishaps of his, if you are able to see it that way.

But if a macho MC is a must have requirement for you and you are unable to laugh over his occasional mishaps and inadequacies, the game probably really isn't for you and you should avoid it like a plague.

Last edited:

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
But if a macho MC is a must have requirement for you and you are unable to laugh over his occasional mishaps and inadequacies, the game probably really isn't for you and you should avoid it like a plague. :ROFLMAO:
That's clearly not what my post said.
I'll rephrase; I'm fine with him being introverted and inexperienced with women, I'm not fine with him having no standards at all.

Reactions: tbz1983

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Then just play it and see for yourself. Mrs. Sollain won't "force" herself on the MC more than once.
You'll have lots of laughs, guaranteed.

I just realized that we're in a totally wrong thread. This is the Haley's Story thread and we're totally offtopic here with all the talks about Sumodeine's "My Sister, My Roommate" :eek:

We're gonna get our asses handed to us by the moderators :HideThePain:

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
A few minutes in, I've quit the game... The game presented me with a few choices, but a choice that would've actually mattered "Fuck Mrs. Sollain: yes/no", doesn't happen. I was already a bit put-off by the weakness of the MC (I understand introversion, and wanting to learn how to talk to girls.) But talking to 'mommy' about girls, and immediately giving in to Mrs. Sollain is a step too far. If that's the general tone of the game, it's just not for me. :)
What Penfold above me said, MC can be a bit cringey at start and he does make a few mistakes also later, he is a bit of a late bloomer. Then again that is also part of why him ending up with his sister in that situation is believable, he has as much a need of her as other way around.

Reactions: Quetzzz and tbz1983

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
There's also this (while we're on the subject of incest games): one of the key failures of both Haley's Story and DMD is that they don't solve the key problem. This particular game just threw up its hands, whether there's a beard or not, leaving all future questions/conflicts to the imagination of the player. DMD somehow deluded itself into thinking that marrying the father and daughter was the goal, when in fact they're still an "agent"/"client" couple who live together, go everywhere together, and about whom a truly staggering number of poeple know the truth (including Tara, who has no reason to stop hating Dee). That's sure as hell not a way to "solve" an incestuous relationship. They both kick the can, and neither cares, but at least DMD's devs pretended to care, even though they failed just as spectacularly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't think there was a way to "fix" Haley's ending other than a full confession.

I will not say too much about the intergenerational whether M/S or F/D, but I also think one of the problems there is fans and devs like the protagonists to be quite innocent most of time.
Yeah, I hate that. I hate unlikely/impossible virgins, as you go on to describe. Just get on with the incestuous sexytimes and stop pretending that your impossibly hot sister has been considering becoming a nun.

Whether you like picture perfect or not, but at least with that oldest daughter it made sense and did not feel like taking advantage.
You're talking about Sisterly Lust? Yeah, Liza was a solid, well-considered character arc. I have deep difficulties with both Bella routes, but Liza and Rachel were wonderful.

Not really. Desert Stalker is a pretty popular game in which the incest (real or step, depending on patch, both are canon) is one of the main focusses. It's popularity proves that it's more than just my opinion. If people hated the game, or the way incest is portrayed in it, it would have had plenty of backlash and would not have been so popular.
That's not really my point. As noted just above, I think the Liza arc in Sisterly Love is incredibly hot. Do I think an actual Liza, tied to her church and her beliefs, would have sex with her newly arrived brother? Never. I don't think it's realistic. If anything, I think Liza would turn them in to the (whatever that horrid made-up organization was). My argument is that I don't think finding the MC finally nailing Liza is proof that SL got an incestuous path absolutely right, because I honestly think it's both hot and utterly ludicrous.

Could you perhaps elaborate on what you mean by "okay"?
They spent a fair bit of time, including with a therapist, talking it out, and agreed it was wrong and would never happen again, but that her grandchildren didn't deserve a hostile relationship with their grandfather because he'd been a creep in the past. I'm not saying it was all sunshine and roses, but they made it work. There was never complete trust again (between them or between them and her kids), but they arranged their time together to compensate for that.

For some reason I find it more possible if siblings just grow out of it compared to parents.
I'm not sure I see this, but maybe I do; if the attraction's there, it lingers or it doesn't. I certainly understand spontaneous sibling experimentation being a temporary thing. And, you know, that might be an interesting game. A blossoming of incest that fades away and then, finally, ends as one or more of the partners find someone else. There'd have to be more to it, of course, but it's not a bad framework.

Sample images aside (in the game they have been redone to make them a bit less cartoonish) I do think this game may be for you.
It's the apparent age, not the graphics themselves.

A game I fell in love with due to its story and writing (and not shying away from adult emotional themes) is Wicked Choices,
I played the hell out of it when it was in development. Great game. Weird, but great.

Nooooo! Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. She isn't. I meant that I don't mind seeing characters with Ava's body type. Small and thin can be sexy, but I'd also need the adult features to be present.
It's fine. But Ava will always read as about 14 to me, and I just can't. I don't even care what the game text says, or how she can pass F95's rule whatever. To me, she's a child. My issue, not anyone else's.

Reactions: Quetzzz and Yngling

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
There's also this (while we're on the subject of incest games): one of the key failures of both Haley's Story and DMD is that they don't solve the key problem. This particular game just threw up its hands, whether there's a beard or not, leaving all future questions/conflicts to the imagination of the player. DMD somehow deluded itself into thinking that marrying the father and daughter was the goal, when in fact they're still an "agent"/"client" couple who live together, go everywhere together, and about whom a truly staggering number of poeple know the truth (including Tara, who has no reason to stop hating Dee). That's sure as hell not a way to "solve" an incestuous relationship. They both kick the can, and neither cares, but at least DMD's devs pretended to care, even though they failed just as spectacularly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't think there was a way to "fix" Haley's ending other than a full confession.

Yeah, I hate that. I hate unlikely/impossible virgins, as you go on to describe. Just get on with the incestuous sexytimes and stop pretending that your impossibly hot sister has been considering becoming a nun.

You're talking about Sisterly Lust? Yeah, Liza was a solid, well-considered character arc. I have deep difficulties with both Bella routes, but Liza and Rachel were wonderful.

That's not really my point. As noted just above, I think the Liza arc in Sisterly Love is incredibly hot. Do I think an actual Liza, tied to her church and her beliefs, would have sex with her newly arrived brother? Never. I don't think it's realistic. If anything, I think Liza would turn them in to the (whatever that horrid made-up organization was). My argument is that I don't think finding the MC finally nailing Liza is proof that SL got an incestuous path absolutely right, because I honestly think it's both hot and utterly ludicrous.

They spent a fair bit of time, including with a therapist, talking it out, and agreed it was wrong and would never happen again, but that her grandchildren didn't deserve a hostile relationship with their grandfather because he'd been a creep in the past. I'm not saying it was all sunshine and roses, but they made it work. There was never complete trust again (between them or between them and her kids), but they arranged their time together to compensate for that.

I'm not sure I see this, but maybe I do; if the attraction's there, it lingers or it doesn't. I certainly understand spontaneous sibling experimentation being a temporary thing. And, you know, that might be an interesting game. A blossoming of incest that fades away and then, finally, ends as one or more of the partners find someone else. There'd have to be more to it, of course, but it's not a bad framework.

It's the apparent age, not the graphics themselves.

I played the hell out of it when it was in development. Great game. Weird, but great.

It's fine. But Ava will always read as about 14 to me, and I just can't. I don't even care what the game text says, or how she can pass F95's rule whatever. To me, she's a child. My issue, not anyone else's.
No I mean the game Picture Perfect, with an F/D situation with a daughter that is in her early 20's when things really heat up, but where it happening is part of their last 10 years and even the reason why so much later makes some sense. :)

troube12345

Dec 12, 2023
To expand on Walter Victor's answer: you have both consequential and inconsequential choices in the earlier stages of the game. There are...IIRC...three women other than Haley where your choices matter, and one that matters more than the others because it essentialy bifurcates the story. As you'll see that you will be offered the companionship of more than three other women, you can correctly conclude that your choices regarding those women don't matter at all. Most of the rest of your choices are a basic binary of choosing to be nice to Haley or not, though in the end those choices don't matter that much (or perhaps at all; it's been a while).

Later, you might be given choices but they don't matter all that much versus choices you made earlier...with the exception of choosing which of the various endings you're going to get, which is something you've got to start thinking about soon after certain characters are introduced rather than late in the game. I think that, if you play the game, it's going to become pretty obvious which characters have endings and how you can pursue them.

All that said, Haley's Story isn't a deeply choice-driven game. Most of the endings are more or less good, or at least happy. Getting the exact one you want might require a bit of care, but you're not going to end up in some hellscape if you make the wrong choices. You will never (again, IIRC) suffer negative consequences if you choose to have sex with someone other than Haley, so you should treat those choices as a stylistic/role-playing option. That said, choosing to have sex with certain non-Haley characters may affect the narrative. With perhaps one very small exception, however, I don't think any of the choices are misleading or tricky. I think you have to be pretty timid, or not speak English as a first language, to need a walkthrough unless you're very keen on a specific ending.
Yeap, English is not my first language. Most of the time, I understand dialogues with the help of a translation app, and it's tiring to do it all the time. Therefore, it seems pointless to play a "game" where we just choose options and advance dialogues. Instead of doing this, I would prefer to read the comic/manga if available. Translating dialogue is tiring and clicking with the mouse to make the dialogue progress is very tiring and boring.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The ending is sad or happy ?
There is one possible unhappy ending, which you would have to work hard to achieve. All other endings are 'happy', if unfulfilling - the MC and Haley wind up together, possibly with one other LI - the developers lost interest in this project near the end because they were forced to double their work because of added Patreon requirements.

Reactions: rediix73
4.20 star(s) 298 Votes