Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
It's bonus scene I don't think those are canon. Kinda feels like a waste of time that could have been spent working on the actual episodes but oh, well.
Yeah - no real movie or novel ever has rejected scenes, practice time or just a little bit of time to do something fun to break the monotony. I'm guessing you clock in at your job, only work, never interact or do anything not directly job related and then clock out after having given 100% of your time and effort to make your bosses happy.

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah - no real movie or novel ever has rejected scenes, practice time or just a little bit of time to do something fun to break the monotony.
The difference here is that cut content was at some point intended to be part of the main thing, and was removed to either accommodate changes in the storyline or improve pacing or what have you. Blooper reels just happen because people sometimes screw up hilariously, in both cases it's a byproduct. Taking time to do something that was never meant to be main thing is not the same. Especially after a year-long break.

P.S. I find it ironic that you call main plot of the game "monotony".

terropp

Dec 14, 2021
View attachment 367740

Overview:
You're a nineteen year old dude who just spent four years in juvenile detention. Today's the day of your release. But you're still under a six month probation period, so you can't do whatever the heck you want just yet. You get assigned to a halfway house way out in the boonies to learn a thing or two about being an adult. After all your were just fifteen years old when they put you away. And in juvie, they don't exactly teach you anything about dealing with the outside world.​

Thread Updated: 2022-02-13
Release Date: 2022-02-13
Developer: Az - F95Zone -
Censored: No
Version: Ep. 9
Other thread: Fan Art thread
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
Win /Linux: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: MEGA - -
Android: MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Others: COMPRESSED* - TORRENT*

Extras: Fan Signatures - Walkthrough & Gallery Mod - Walkthrough - Unofficial Walkthrough*- Theme music FAQ
Bonus Episodes 1 - 6: - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Raminita thanks for the link
*This port/version is unofficial and not released by the developer. Download at your own risk!

View attachment 349599 View attachment 349600 View attachment 349601 View attachment 349602
Bum file.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The difference here is that cut content was at some point intended to be part of the main thing, and was removed to either accommodate changes in the storyline or improve pacing or what have you. Blooper reels just happen because people sometimes screw up hilariously, in both cases it's a byproduct. Taking time to do something that was never meant to be main thing is not the same. Especially after a year-long break.

P.S. I find it ironic that you call main plot of the game "monotony".
I'm referring to the Dev: doing your job and main project is the 'monotony"; doing something fun on the side or taking a character "out of character" breaks the monotony of just doing the main game. You have to break out of the norm or the expected to get the creative juices flowing now and again and keep things interesting for yourself. Otherwise, the Dev might lose the passion for the game and stop writing altogether. Doing the side projects might help the Dev make the game better. As for your expectations, you don't seem to be a patron, just another leech, so your opinion doesn't really count for much in the grand scheme of things.

As for your initial assertion: alternate scenes are a thing in movies. They can go different directions with a scene that is "off script" or improvised, just to see what it looks like. These scenes can be "off canon" relative to the original script and story board, but they are ideas that they wanted to put down for some reason. Same thing with books: chapters and passages get written as a character study or to look at different directions the story could go. They ultimately may not get included and don't become canon, or may spur a new direction or side story to the main, even if they don't ultimately end up in the book. These things aren't a waste of time, particularly if they keep the author engaged so that they can ultimately finish the project and not abandon it due to loss of interest.

Last edited:

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
Doing the side projects might help the Dev make the game better.
You would never know how the game would be had the dev not done them though, would you? Therefore the argument is kinda moot.
[...] your opinion doesn't really count for much in the grand scheme of things.
Nobody's opinion should count in the creative process but the author's. But seeing as the author doesn't actually read this thread you seem to imply that posting anything but download links here doesn't matter.
As for your initial assertion: alternate scenes are a thing in movies. They can go different directions [...]
My initial assertion was that I would take a main plot development over non-canon doodles. I'd take cut content or alternative versions of scenes from main plot. But all of the bonus scenes are just more of side characters meandering. At least they are only 1/4 size of the full game.

pixado7875

Mar 11, 2020
The guy posted a review of this game with a whole spreadsheet in it seriously needs to find another hobby :LUL:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
You would never know how the game would be had the dev not done them though, would you? Therefore the argument is kinda moot.

Nobody's opinion should count in the creative process but the author's. But seeing as the author doesn't actually read this thread you seem to imply that posting anything but download links here doesn't matter.

My initial assertion was that I would take a main plot development over non-canon doodles. I'd take cut content or alternative versions of scenes from main plot. But all of the bonus scenes are just more of side characters meandering. At least they are only 1/4 size of the full game.
You apparently haven't a single creative bone in your body; the Devs show up here all the time; and,

You apparently haven't a single creative bone in your body - your first response is entirely sensless; game Devs show up here all the time, they just may not always engage; and, nobody is here to specifically cater to your preferences. Not your cuppa, there's the door. Find a place that fits better. Adios.

Reactions: Rhoener

Angelray

Nov 27, 2021
I like the game so far, but the episode 9 was a bit disappointing; few choices, and almost nothing new.

Jan 23, 2022
I like the game so far, but the episode 9 was a bit disappointing; few choices, and almost nothing new.
Well, in a way, it was a big step with the MC & Emily, who began to show a little bit of her wifey self; clutching the MC's arm, being very playful, the dialogue took a bit of a shift, the MC is openly admitting his concern for her at times, the kiss/or rub, in the alley, even at the bar, she began to be more adventurous with him, so in a few aspects, it was a big jump in the plot with the MC & Emily.

Going into E10, we're obviously going to have a big choice; stay with Luis and get in trouble with Samantha, the P.O & of course, Emily, or GO home with Emily, and probably piss of Luis, but be safe with everyone else. That's the route I'm going to go. Don't want Strike 1 with the P.O. and surely don't want to piss off Emily. So I think, that choice, along with what happened between Em & the MC in this chapter, is going to be a key step in the story.

That's how I see it.

Angelray

Nov 27, 2021
Unit-731, I'm not thinking otherwise about E10, but that's also a reason why E-9 was so disappointing: it was all building up.
I played 1-8 one way, then 9 so maybe it's one reason I think as I did, but like I said, as a strandalone, E9 was not very "meaty". I felt it was like the big set up for E10.

Bryan AC

Jul 12, 2017
Does anyone have an completed Ep8 save game? I have lost all my progress so far :'( (are the old saves good for the new version? I see many games where updates aren't.)

Jan 23, 2022
Unit-731, I'm not thinking otherwise about E10, but that's also a reason why E-9 was so disappointing: it was all building up.
I played 1-8 one way, then 9 so maybe it's one reason I think as I did, but like I said, as a strandalone, E9 was not very "meaty". I felt it was like the big set up for E10.
Well, if I remember from my recent run, E8 had NO choices (the Emily content at the end doesn't count) but yet it seemed to be a turning point (pun intended) in the relationship between the MC & Ashley as well as bringing in a big part of Ash with her family. I think Az's set-ups are done rather well and I think the story and the foundation for the later episodes is solid; finally doing something about Em's friend, Julie, finally having a chance to get an Infraction Point and piss off Sam, Emily & the P.O., spent some good time with Emily, and it showed Ash as a bit vulnerable.

Story-line wise, E9 was done rather well. I suspect though, as the game gets deeper, you'll have more than enough choices, but right now, those choices are getting some "umph" behind them with the story. I enjoyed E9 very much.

This VN is not unlike the others, and not having a lot of choices is part of it. I've come to accept that. It's not like CoBD or DIK, it's a hybrid VN/Kinetic at this point I think, but still very enjoyable.

Angelray

Nov 27, 2021
What is CoBD in your post? i don't know this abridged name.

And what is "kinetic"? i have read sometimes this term used, but i don't understand it well.

Jan 23, 2022
What is CoBD in your post? i don't know this abridged name.

And what is "kinetic"? i have read sometimes this term used, but i don't understand it well.
CoBD - City of Broken Dreamers

Kinetic novel means that there are no choices in a VN (i.e. the game Avalon) or no interactivity. Obviously not saying this game doesn't have that, but it does, but like I said in my last post E8 had none at all, and some episodes have very little, but also what Az is doing is telling a story and setting the foundation for the later episodes, so there will be choices, but maybe not as many as other VNs would have.

I have no idea how long Az plans to make this VN go. Usually after 8-10 chapters/episodes, most VNs are done or getting into the endgame. We're at E9 now, and I think the surface has been barely scratched. I expect a lot more choice-heavy episodes to come, or else this could be a very long game, unless, like E8, we're just clicking through the screens as the story plays out and we have no input in it.

Feb 11, 2018
Hello.
I tried to install the latest version, both the full version and the compact version and when I open the game it closes, does anyone know what could be happening?
I use Windows 10 64bit
Thanks!!

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Hello.
I tried to install the latest version, both the full version and the compact version and when I open the game it closes, does anyone know what could be happening?
I use Windows 10 64bit
Thanks!!
Try resetting the graphics?
Start the game holding down the SHIFT key, in the upper left select Angle or the lowest most selection, Quit and then restart.

See if that does not fix it. :>)

JuniorAT

Dec 25, 2017
Finally got around to completing EP9. I can understand the complaints about having no sex scenes in this update. At least the last two episodes with only teasing, and honestly I can't remember the last time MC had some, maybe with Ash? Piper's visit would've been the perfect opportunity for a quickie.

Still I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Em was adorable at first but her forcing herself to grind on MC was cringe. I like Em but not because she acts sexy. She doesn't need to change to impress MC or act out of fear of losing to someone else. The more I see Luis the more I like him as a character. Pleasantly surprised Piper will seemingly have her own backstory in the future. Eli needs a fucking bath. This is the first time I'm noticing Mari, didn't know she had a figure like that dayum.

With the cliff hanger, if we have a choice...

Hopefully EP10 comes soon.
Can the MC still have fun with Nika and Aika later plz?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022
Finally got around to completing EP9. I can understand the complaints about having no sex scenes in this update. At least the last two episodes with only teasing, and honestly I can't remember the last time MC had some, maybe with Ash? Piper's visit would've been the perfect opportunity for a quickie.

Still I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Em was adorable at first but her forcing herself to grind on MC was cringe. I like Em but not because she acts sexy. She doesn't need to change to impress MC or act out of fear of losing to someone else. The more I see Luis the more I like him as a character. Pleasantly surprised Piper will seemingly have her own backstory in the future. Eli needs a fucking bath. This is the first time I'm noticing Mari, didn't know she had a figure like that dayum.

With the cliff hanger, if we have a choice...

Hopefully EP10 comes soon.
Can the MC still have fun with Nika and Aika later plz?
Agreed on the Emily thing. The grinding was my least favorite part of the episode and I pretty much reacted like Luis when I saw it. She doesn't need to do those sorts of things. It's not attractive at all, at least to me, and I hope something like that was just a one-off.

And to answer your question, Ash in the bathroom was the last time the MC had some, unless you count the BJ he got from Sam in E8. Not into Piper at all, nor the chicks at the club (either pair), the MC and Luis are punching very much above their weight.

But Em is a cute little adorable thing who doesn't need to be acting like that. I mean, c'mon, look at that face...

Reactions: jhonnyjensen
4.30 star(s) 182 Votes