3.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
Except, he did? He quoted the both of us, and addressed the two of us in separate paragraphs.
Except the quotes weren't in separate paragraphs. They were collectively together.
Anyways we shouldn't argue about something so small and meaningless.

DonStark

May 4, 2017
Hi, simple question ... how can we raise the xp with saveeditonline or cheat engine please ?

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
works as well, and is quick and easy, without having to download and figure out a separate tool.

Suzuzu

Oct 22, 2017
I've always just used the hex editor H x D (spaces are only there so it doesn't turn into HxD) for my RPG Maker VX Ace save file modifications. @gold for money, @param_plus for stats, @items for items... though, it does take some getting used to.

Last edited:

South Pacific

Sep 20, 2017
I played Harem Collector before I found out this game even exists. What is your guy's thoughts on the two and main difference? I just don't want to play the same game twice.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Harem Collector is played more for fun and has a light-hearted feel to it. Harem is more involved in that it has a light or dark route - seriously hero or villain. Both have dozens of hours of content (depending upon grinding) but are similar in art assets and length. Both are a fun ride - personally have been following Harem more as he has had this fleshed out for quite awhile and I want to see where he takes it...

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Is the villian side of it similar to the Collector's bastard hero side. Sort of a slave vs love duality?
Dark path is definitely more, well, dark than Harem Collector. HC's main character is basically Rance - a self-centered, happy-go-lucky guy who can't resist going after any woman that catches his eye, even when doing so puts himself in danger.

Harem's main character on dark path is a cold and calculating guy who'll punish his slaves for disobedience, and who is very domineering and a bit of a sadist. He'll often avoid going after someone if it'd cause him too much trouble, biding his time instead.

So, yeah, pretty different. Any Rance-style main character pretty much has to be in a more humorous, less serious game, whereas Harem is a bit more...realistic and serious feel like wrong words to use in a game where an angel gives a guy a ring that lets him influence women he has sex with, but...well, there you go.

Both good games, but both also very different takes on guy-goes-around-taking-a-lot-of-slaves.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
I played Harem first, and tried HC after that. Latter looked in comparision so shallow and idiotic, that it was unbearable. "Haha, I raped you", "Haha, you bastard. Ok, I will be you slave.", "Take this flowers", "Thanks, I love you".

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I want to be fair to Harem Collector. No Moshing's team is more gameplay focused then us. I'd even say that Harem Collector has more in-deph and developed mechanics then almost any other Hentai RPG Maker game you can find. We double down on the story telling depth in a way they don't really focus on. I think you'll find that the approach is meaningfully different. That said, the similarities are pretty much abound between the two games. They are both about a guy who develops a harem of slaves in a fantasy setting, after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amariithynar

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
I have a question about "Light Path". Is the plot revolving around MC being good and moral person? He's enslaving girls with mind-control after all, which makes him a scum. I'm still reading about him being a "hero", "love" etc.
Logicaly speaking, in best case scenario he should be antihero.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I have a question about "Light Path". Is the plot revolving around MC being good and moral person? He's enslaving girls with mind-control after all, which makes him a scum. I'm still reading about him being a "hero", "love" etc.
Logicaly speaking, in best case scenario he should be antihero.
Nah, we don't think of him as purely positive hero at all. Even in the light path he's using mind control to enslave women to help him conquer a country (well technically two countries). The intention instead is that light Ralph is TRYING to go about his way in that minimizes the evil results. At best, Light Ralph is still something of a Utilitarian. But, compare to that to Dark Ralph who is a nihlist, and a pretty heartless bastard.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Nah, we don't think of him as purely positive hero at all. Even in the light path he's using mind control to enslave women to help him conquer a country (well technically two countries). The intention instead is that light Ralph is TRYING to go about his way in that minimizes the evil results. At best, Light Ralph is still something of a Utilitarian. But, compare to that to Dark Ralph who is a nihlist, and a pretty heartless bastard.
Thanks, I was hoping that this is the case. I really can't stomach settings where rape/mind-control are justified and painted in good light. I like evil characters in games and novels, but "justified rapist" is illogical and disgusting, and for some reason it happen to exist in 90% of evil themed works.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I mean, technically Light Ralph isn't a rapist. Or at least he isn't a rapist often. There are only a few scenes where he's had sex with someone who outright didn't want to have sex with him, and all of those times it was with pretty clear cut bad guys (Danielle for example).

It really depends on how much you consider a pleasure based mind control power consensual or non-consensual. It's not that it strips the subject of free will, or even that it overwrites their preferences. His powers just make sexual relationships with him blindingly overwhelmingly pleasurable to the point where doing whatever it takes to achieve that pleasure more is mentally justifiable. Obviously, the relationship is there between that and drugging conceptually, but it's not altogether clear that people he uses his powers on can't consent anymore.

Dark Ralph is an unrepentant serial rapist, obviously.

Reactions: Amariithynar

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Well, drugging people into sex slaves is less outrageous than violent rape, obiviously. But itsn't more justifiable, it's still rape, eqivalent to IRL drug dealer conciously tricked some chick into drug addiction, to made her blow him for coke. She doing it consentually then. Also, raping bad girls doesn't make rape good.

I don't want to be misunderstund, like I said, I like dark themes very much. I hate hipocrisy and running from consequeces of your actions tho, even only intellectualy so. I can roleplay as a scum, but not as a coward.

3.90 star(s) 11 Votes