Sole

Aug 8, 2017
Honestly yeah, my first impression of Rance was from sengoku, and an early portion of the 6th, the one were he develops a conscience for a little while after seeing a lifelong slave in a death pit being bullied and hearing why he didn't retaliate(honestly the real reason rance was a consistently better person than he normally is during sengoku rance from the start, he reverts immediately in the following game though).

So I used to even defended his personality in the past as being nowhere near as bad as people said, but then I played the rest of 6 and tried his older/newer games and realized aside from the 1st game were he's literally just a knock off kaiba followed by a knock off mokuba(sil)(note: the original rance game, there's a remake where I assume it's no longer like that), he's just a complete monster in every other game, and it's only kinda warranted in their original war game kichikuou rance, in every other game he's just an asshole for the sake of being one.

The protag of this game in no way compares in terms of assholery. Even at his worst he's only about as bad as rance at his best.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Leeroy Boy ™

AxelMasters

Jul 27, 2017
Honestly if I'm reading the MC of this game right one of his reasons for wanting a harem is kinda sad:
His father abandoned him, his sister and mother (or died while adventuring), grew up watching his mother stay loyal to a man that wasn't going to return, his mother then died and left him and his sister to grow up in the slums with only each other to rely on so he decides that the only way to avoid being abandoned again, or not end up like his mother, is to get slaves/people that can't abandon him for some reason except there's still some part of him that wants affection and to be loved, not just tolerated, so he gives his girls gifts and listens to any requests they may have and blame any kindness he shows on anything other than his own choice to be kind.
The scene with Penny at the end of her love quest shows her acknowledging that kind part of him and he can't outright deny it and instead deflects. Same with other girls love quests he words it in the most asshole-ish way possible and/or says it benefits him in some way or acts like he couldn't say no but he tries helping them all the same.
This is just my interpretation of the MC anyway, could be completely wrong but I like to think of him this way.

Reactions: Regardie
Dec 24, 2018
Honestly if I'm reading the MC of this game right one of his reasons for wanting a harem is kinda sad:
His father abandoned him, his sister and mother (or died while adventuring), grew up watching his mother stay loyal to a man that wasn't going to return, his mother then died and left him and his sister to grow up in the slums with only each other to rely on so he decides that the only way to avoid being abandoned again, or not end up like his mother, is to get slaves/people that can't abandon him for some reason except there's still some part of him that wants affection and to be loved, not just tolerated, so he gives his girls gifts and listens to any requests they may have and blame any kindness he shows on anything other than his own choice to be kind.
The scene with Penny at the end of her love quest shows her acknowledging that kind part of him and he can't outright deny it and instead deflects. Same with other girls love quests he words it in the most asshole-ish way possible and/or says it benefits him in some way or acts like he couldn't say no but he tries helping them all the same.
This is just my interpretation of the MC anyway, could be completely wrong but I like to think of him this way.
Noop, he's just a total pervert who only thinks about sex and see womens as toys (This is even made very clear since the beginning of the game)

Having a hard life in the past doesn't justify anything, seeing the other men being mean and doing the terrible things that have happened in his life is just another reason so that he could turn it right and be the opposite. He could be a good guy and kind to people but he chose to be an asshole. He's not even the hero, everything what he do in this game is for his own pleasure

l will never understand why people like so such this kind of MCs...

Papa Romeow

Mar 21, 2019
Noop, he's just a total pervert who only thinks about sex and see womens as toys (This is even made very clear since the beginning of the game)

Having a hard life in the past doesn't justify anything, seeing the other men being mean and doing the terrible things that have happened in his life is just another reason so that he could turn it right and be the opposite. He could be a good guy and kind to people but he chose to be an asshole. He's not even the hero, everything what he do in this game is for his own pleasure

l will never understand why people like so such this kind of MCs...
You are type of person that sees everything as black and white huh? Nothing can be nuanced?

Hero being an asshole is a plotpoint, he was not made asshole just for the sake of having an asshole MC.

Middle Kingdom is meant to be a corrupt kingdom full of useless and terrible people, hell slavery is even legal in Middle Kingdom, and hero is a reflection of this world. He is meant to grow to be a better person through his girls, which is shown throughout the entire story, is he still an asshole about it when he does something good? Sure, but the story only takes place over a single season and people don't become a completely new person over night.

But at the end of the game he has stopped an invading kingdom, gone to hell to stop a demonic cult, toppled a corrupt government, saved a dying race from extinction and helped all his girls and friends with all their personal issues/wishes/request and so on, some of which include an invading army of angel, the corruption of a paladin order, slayed a dragon living very close to human settlements

Now you may not enjoy that kind of story and that's fair, but just because you can't appreciate this kind of story doesn't make it a bad one

Reactions: deversari and Sole
Apr 30, 2021
Hey, I know is a weird request but... someone can send a picture of their decorated houses from the game... it's because I lack creativity and I haven't put anything in the houses...

Apr 30, 2021
any guide plz in the wind shrine ?
From wiki:
Blow Job
Once you have progressed Gargan’s affection to “Trust,” Gargan will offer you a job investigating an abandoned temple that was once dedicated to a wind god. On the world map, the temple is a short way north of Northmarket. Bringing Gargan is not required, but will provide some additional dialogue during the quest.

For this dungeon, there are two special mechanisms to advance: you can jump with the wind (the flags will be blowing in a specific direction, and if you jump in that direction you will sail over the holes in the floor) and you can control the wind's direction by interacting with the four altars in the temple, just leaving a 100 sil offering.

If you want to collect all the treasure chests and reach the boss, you will need at minimum 700 sil for offerings, which will increase if you mess up your jumps and have to start over. The following is an optimal path:

• In the first room, go the far right wall and jump north until you can exit east into Room 2. Here, jump north again and follow the path around to the opposite side of the room where you can jump north to a chest with a Feather Helm. Now jump off the platform to be taken back the entrance to the temple.
  • This time, go to the left side of the first room and jump up to a chest with a Mid Potion. Jump north again to reach the East Wind Altar at the back of the room, and make an offering to change the winds so they blow east.
  • In Room 2, jump east to the West Wind Altar and make another offering. This will let you jump west from the far northeast point of the platform you’re on.
  • Once you land you can exit east into Room 3. Here you’ll want to jump west from the part of the platform that sticks out into the middle of the room. Follow around to the South Wind Altar and make an offering. Now you’ll want to position yourself exactly six steps to the right of where you made your offering and jump south to land to the left of a chest containing the tome Dark and Stormy Knight (you should equip it on one of your casters, it teaches both Spells and Prayers so only Doll and Chimei don't learn anything from it). Grab it and jump south again, then exit through the southern door. Outside, you’ll find two chests, one containing a Dark Seed and the other Stallone’s Vital Vitamin. You’ll now need to go back inside and jump down to once again return to the entrance.
  • Now that the wind is blowing south, go the left side and jump down to the chest with a Feather Mail. Fall one final time and reenter, then use the North Wind Altar in the center of Room 1. Now retrace your steps to the South Wind Altar, but this time jump south from the far northeast corner of Room 3 so you can exit east.
Enter the small outbuilding to fight the boss of the quest, Baby Roc. Defeating the boss will complete the quest and end the day. After the quest, the Wind Shrine becomes a repeatable daily dungeon.

Reactions: frasse

frasse

Feb 7, 2018
From wiki:
Blow Job
Once you have progressed Gargan’s affection to “Trust,” Gargan will offer you a job investigating an abandoned temple that was once dedicated to a wind god. On the world map, the temple is a short way north of Northmarket. Bringing Gargan is not required, but will provide some additional dialogue during the quest.

For this dungeon, there are two special mechanisms to advance: you can jump with the wind (the flags will be blowing in a specific direction, and if you jump in that direction you will sail over the holes in the floor) and you can control the wind's direction by interacting with the four altars in the temple, just leaving a 100 sil offering.

If you want to collect all the treasure chests and reach the boss, you will need at minimum 700 sil for offerings, which will increase if you mess up your jumps and have to start over. The following is an optimal path:

• In the first room, go the far right wall and jump north until you can exit east into Room 2. Here, jump north again and follow the path around to the opposite side of the room where you can jump north to a chest with a Feather Helm. Now jump off the platform to be taken back the entrance to the temple.
  • This time, go to the left side of the first room and jump up to a chest with a Mid Potion. Jump north again to reach the East Wind Altar at the back of the room, and make an offering to change the winds so they blow east.
  • In Room 2, jump east to the West Wind Altar and make another offering. This will let you jump west from the far northeast point of the platform you’re on.
  • Once you land you can exit east into Room 3. Here you’ll want to jump west from the part of the platform that sticks out into the middle of the room. Follow around to the South Wind Altar and make an offering. Now you’ll want to position yourself exactly six steps to the right of where you made your offering and jump south to land to the left of a chest containing the tome Dark and Stormy Knight (you should equip it on one of your casters, it teaches both Spells and Prayers so only Doll and Chimei don't learn anything from it). Grab it and jump south again, then exit through the southern door. Outside, you’ll find two chests, one containing a Dark Seed and the other Stallone’s Vital Vitamin. You’ll now need to go back inside and jump down to once again return to the entrance.
  • Now that the wind is blowing south, go the left side and jump down to the chest with a Feather Mail. Fall one final time and reenter, then use the North Wind Altar in the center of Room 1. Now retrace your steps to the South Wind Altar, but this time jump south from the far northeast corner of Room 3 so you can exit east.
Enter the small outbuilding to fight the boss of the quest, Baby Roc. Defeating the boss will complete the quest and end the day. After the quest, the Wind Shrine becomes a repeatable daily dungeon.
thank u so much

ZerosF25Zone

Apr 4, 2021
Can I have a walkthrough thats not for from the devs ? There wiki is unhelpful on the forge quest which is super annoying and not specific enough cant find elvo because of this ._.
It talks about a secret passage but doesnt tell me how to open it and I've checked everything except that stupid fucking clock.

Sole

Aug 8, 2017
Check the closets, the moment you check the correct closet you'll be moved to the next area via a hidden passage and be unable to return to the one your in at the moment, I thinks it's the closet in the room bellow the one your in, might be a room further down the hall, it should be at the upper right corner of the correct room.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ZerosF25Zone

ZerosF25Zone

Apr 4, 2021
Check the closets, the moment you do you'll be moved to the next area via a hidden passage and be unable to return to the one your in at the moment, I thinks it's the closet in the room bellow the one your in, it should be at the upper right corner of the correct room.
ARE YOU FUCKING WITH MY TESTICLES RIGHT NOW OH MY GOD.

ZerosF25Zone

Apr 4, 2021
T
Check the closets, the moment you check the correct closet you'll be moved to the next area via a hidden passage and be unable to return to the one your in at the moment, I thinks it's the closet in the room bellow the one your in, might be a room further down the hall, it should be at the upper right corner of the correct room.
Thank you I feel like I lost a brain cell and probably would of lost many more had it not been for you brother.

Reactions: Sole

Sole

Aug 8, 2017
You can't sleep, you need to use the time turner item to change the day manually, it's one of the easy mode bonuses(best mode, literally the only downside to a normal player is that you get a less shiny star next to your save), you can edit it in with RpgMakerSaveEdit but otherwise you need to finish events like quests to change the day. It is possible to end up softlocked as a result of that.

ZerosF25Zone

Apr 4, 2021
You can't sleep, you need to use the time turner item to change the day manually, it's one of the easy mode bonuses(best mode, literally the only downside to a normal player is that you get a less shiny star next to your save), you can edit it in with RpgMakerSaveEdit but otherwise you need to finish events like quests to change the day. It is possible to end up softlocked as a result of that.
Thats a very poor mechanic

Papa Romeow

Mar 21, 2019
Once the game is completed and you have finished the main story, we will have the ability to skip days as we want, so softlocking is only possible because the game is still being developed. Also I will point out that at this point there is so many days that you can max out girls without even trying to optimize

Reactions: deversari
4.20 star(s) 36 Votes