Xypher

May 1, 2017
I wish someday we can have Ms. Ren and Jia as part of our Elf harem (even though plotwise its impossible).

Also waiting for the next content regarding the mystery behind Ms. Ren is killing me...

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I wish someday we can have Ms. Ren and Jia as part of our Elf harem (even though plotwise its impossible).
You underestimate Runey's writing ability. :sneaky:

Although admittedly Ms Ren might be a tough sell for Ashley. "Hey baby, you know that nice elf that basically raised you and was essentially your surrogate mother? Yeah, I'm going to be fucking her ass in the dungeon now. Wanna watch?"

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Okay, The Devian, Mark Takagi or Runey are probably going to answer this one :
What is the FULL list of requirements to see all additions to which scenes? prior to this update I relied on Lains mod to know if a scene had extras (i.e exhibtion lvl xx for Lin to just change clothes in the open at the store)

I usually get everyone to 10 as soon as a stat becomes available to increase, but just wanted a little checklist I can have on my second moniter for reference
Yeah, generally that is all you need for the max scene, a 10 to unlock the trait.
Generally, I am shooting for 50+, so I get all the stars too, just on general principal, but I don't think it affects anything.

I have had over a 10 in almost everything for years, so it's hard to say what changes exactly though.

Also waiting for the next content regarding the mystery behind Ms. Ren is killing me...
I wouldn't say impossible, I can think of many ways for some of it, though that last update made getting Jia a LOT harder, but not impossible.
Though it is clear, that he is not going to make it easy, it is going to cost us (a lot of heartache at the least).
You underestimate Runey's writing ability. :sneaky:

Although admittedly Ms Ren might be a tough sell for Ashley. "Hey baby, you know that nice elf that basically raised you and was essentially your surrogate mother? Yeah, I'm going to be fucking her ass in the dungeon now. Wanna watch?"
IDK, Ash still seems to think of things like that as an 'Elf's job', like 'selling drugs'. She is pretty used to being in a harem, and elves doing sex stuff, so it should be easy enough.

Reactions: Xypher

SasPaV

May 5, 2018
I think i found an error for Maria exib Public Sex event

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while pickling an object

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 305, in event
    rv = super(Viewport, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 419, in save
    six.reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 405, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.14
Thu Dec 16 04:22:17 2021
[/CODE]

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Runey I started a new game, and I think I found a bug. When I ordered Kali's hard drive, I was able to pick it up at the mailbox outside, but when she asked me to pick up her package (Lvl 4/5), I got what I assume to be a glitch where I was at the mailbox for a brief second before being "teleported" back to the front door where I got the messages to grab it. I haven't done any other packages, yet, so I don't know if this was a one-time thing or not.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Runey I started a new game, and I think I found a bug. When I ordered Kali's hard drive, I was able to pick it up at the mailbox outside, but when she asked me to pick up her package (Lvl 4/5), I got what I assume to be a glitch where I was at the mailbox for a brief second before being "teleported" back to the front door where I got the messages to grab it. I haven't done any other packages, yet, so I don't know if this was a one-time thing or not.
That's a new one on me for sure. :unsure:

I had a glitch today too I never had before; I couldn't buy the Human Kit from the shop even when it was the proper time to do so in the Lin/Droid (Miyu) route converging. I had to go into the save editor and fiddle with it. Didn't really matter in the main scheme of things, but it happened.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
That's a new one on me for sure. :unsure:

I had a glitch today too I never had before; I couldn't buy the Human Kit from the shop even when it was the proper time to do so in the Lin/Droid (Miyu) route converging. I had to go into the save editor and fiddle with it. Didn't really matter in the main scheme of things, but it happened.
There seem to be a lot of players having problems with the Human Kit. It's going to take me a couple of days to get back to that point, but I'll check to see if I run into any issues.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
There seem to be a lot of players having problems with the Human Kit. It's going to take me a couple of days to get back to that point, but I'll check to see if I run into any issues.
Really? Wow, okay, I thought it was just me, but please, yes, be very observant for the rest of us :LOL:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Good luck!

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Sucks that Lain is AWOL, this game is pretty much impossible to play without a walkthrough.
Not really. It doesn't take very much time to go around to the doors or rooms in the hotel. Pretty straightforward. I mean, there's choices, but you can always rollback the mouse wheel if you screwed up with a choice. There's two floors, a few rooms on the lower level, and the Sanctuary.

And the game pretty much tells you if you're missing a requirement to do a certain girl's event.

Relatively easy if you ask me.

Last edited:

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I solved all of Kate's riddles, but now she's asking "can I help you with anything" and there is a ???? prompt. What's suppoesd to go there?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I think i found an error for Maria exib Public Sex event

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 305, in event
    rv = super(Viewport, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 419, in save
    six.reraise(t, e, tb)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 405, in save
    dump((roots, renpy.game.log), logf)
  File "E:\Games\++\RenPy\Harem_Hotel-v0.14-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 49, in dump
    cPickle.dump(o, f, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.14
Thu Dec 16 04:22:17 2021
[/CODE]
I am not sure what this error is, to be honest.

Could you provide some images or a video? That seems like a confusing error.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Sucks that Lain is AWOL, this game is pretty much impossible to play without a walkthrough.
Harem Hotel has been designed to be as simple as possible to play, and I try to make it even easier with quality of life updates where I can. As it says in the very beginning, check for story events at character's doors. That's pretty much all there is to it. Sometimes events will be elsewhere, but you will be made aware of it, and if you can't do a story event the game will also tell you exactly what you need to do.

I'm not sure where any confusion could be coming from, have you tried playing without the walkthrough? What are you having issues with specifically?

If you would like the raw required stats, you can check the wiki > but even a wiki shouldn't be necessary to play at all.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Here's a file with short vid of what I was talking about to download that I hope will help:

Kali Package Bug
I have to see this too I'm very curious.

EDIT: Yeah it looks like the MC was warped back into the Lobby. I might have to do a quick peek run tomorrow morning to see if that's the same for me too.

EDIT #2: Fuck it, I'll to it now.

EDIT #3: Yup, got it too, same thing

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes